Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 9.3c

Login or Register an account to download this content
What's the trick to getting it to connect via wifi to your console? When I use the program to read out my IP address it gives me an incorrect IP and won't connect with my laptops correct IP. I set my laptop to be 192.xxx.x.69 and it shows in the program as 23.xx.xx.xx. I've also tried typing in the external address found on whatsmyip but that doesnt connect either. Do I have a folder in the wrong place? Any help would be awesome!

Well, the networking part is sometimes tricky.

I would expect, the 192.xxx.x.69 address should work, if you are sure, both your laptop and the console are in the same home network. (If you have only one router, that is most likely the case).

If you can from your laptop e.g. listen music from the console, then you know they are in the same network.

If you still cannot get the data to the Telemetry tool, you might check that the firewall in your laptop doesn't block the Telemetry tool getting data.

The 23.xx.xx.xx address or the whatismyip address are your public address and sending data there would be most likely be blocked by the router's firewall. There tool will work over the internet (I did send data in one test from my own installation in Europe to an instance in AWS in Asia), but then you must make the correct ports are open on the firewall etc.

Cheers

Is anyone using this tool also playing ACC (Assetto Corsa Competizione)?

If yes, I have a test version available, which works with ACC. If you want to give it a go, just PM me and I will send you a link for the test version.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Great app! Thank you for creating sometime like this and making improvements! I'm noticing a few things that are just a little annoying or just confusing...

1. Not all TT ghost opponent laps are saved. Sometimes i takes 5 laps of running around to get it to save sometimes it never does. Usually it would be setting a faster opponent from leader boards and then doing a lap to get their telemetry saved so I can compare to my best.
  2. Phantom traces or incorrect traces are shown. Maybe when you select a track to begin comparisons it loads the last save data? All of a sudden my ram usage spikes by 2 GB. A fastest lap is shown but I'm not sure what file it pulls it from. Would be nice on maybe the info tab to see what trace is actually being loaded.
  3. Sometimes a trace doesn't load and you need to reload it, restart or switch through tabs multiple times for it to eventually load or show.
  4. Memory leak? It looks like the app uses more and more RAM the longer it runs and when you select different traces or reload the same one it keeps on increasing ram further. This is regardless if you haven't loaded any new data and the game isn't running (F1 2019). Definitely slows down the app
1578035965369.png

Hey,
since years i'm a big fan of this app. :)
I have a question and/or a wish...
is it possible to get a csv file with the race results and maybe the steam id of every driver after an online race.

this would be a fantastic help for our league rankings.

Last edited:
Hey,
since years i'm a big fan of this app. :)
I have a question and/or a wish...
is it possible to get a csv file with the race results and maybe the steam id of every driver after an online race.

this would be a fantastic help for our league rankings.

Well, there is still a "hidden feature", which was in the older versions.

In the \settings\settings.xml file, you could set

<!-- Save previous race history, when changing circuit -->
<entry key="save_race_history_to_file">true</entry>

This makes the tool to save a "race history file", which has for each driver their laptimes.

For the future I have been working on being able to (automatically) save a racehistory file, which would contain the data to redo the graphs at 'Race History' tab (namely 'Track Position', 'Race History','Tyre History' and 'Laptimes'), so you can later load the race history for more detailed analysis.

I expect to release a new version with this stuff in, when the new ACC DLC has been released (sometime around Q1), as I have been working on getting the tool to work also with ACC.

For getting the Steam IDs of the drivers, I am sorry, but the Codemasters has stopped providing the ids/names of the drivers in online races, so that info cannot be provided by my tool.

Cheers

Thank you! I will test it today. :)
Unlucky that they changed this in the UDP Specification but I will find another solution for that problem.

Great app! Thank you for creating sometime like this and making improvements! I'm noticing a few things that are just a little annoying or just confusing...

1. Not all TT ghost opponent laps are saved. Sometimes i takes 5 laps of running around to get it to save sometimes it never does. Usually it would be setting a faster opponent from leader boards and then doing a lap to get their telemetry saved so I can compare to my best.
  2. Phantom traces or incorrect traces are shown. Maybe when you select a track to begin comparisons it loads the last save data? All of a sudden my ram usage spikes by 2 GB. A fastest lap is shown but I'm not sure what file it pulls it from. Would be nice on maybe the info tab to see what trace is actually being loaded.
  3. Sometimes a trace doesn't load and you need to reload it, restart or switch through tabs multiple times for it to eventually load or show.
  4. Memory leak? It looks like the app uses more and more RAM the longer it runs and when you select different traces or reload the same one it keeps on increasing ram further. This is regardless if you haven't loaded any new data and the game isn't running (F1 2019). Definitely slows down the app

Thank you for the comments.

Few clarifications.

The ghost laps don't get saved, if you beat new ghost on the first lap, as the ghost data is only given partially for the ghost's first lap. And if you beat the ghost on the first lap, there is no point of saving the ghost for such situation. So only ghost's lap, which you will try to beat at least for 2 laps, gets saved.

For the memory leak, the actual used memory of the app does bit zig-zag (higher and then drop when java does garbage collection), but by default Java doesn't release the memory, so even if the app only uses 1GB, but was at some point using 3GB, the size of the memory reserved stays at 3GB.
If you open many windows, it goes up to 7+GB, if you have all possible windows open and do fancy stuff. You can limit this behaviour with Java's command line option -Xmx. You could set to to e.g. -Xmx3G, so the tool does not use more than 3GB of memory. If I have run tests at -Xmx1G, but think that 2G is the sensible limit, if you have limited amount of memory available.

For the phantom traces, I will do some more driving on F1 to see, if there is something odd going on in 9.1. I haven't done much F1 lately, more Dirt Rally and ACC though.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi,

first of all thanks for your work. I'm trying to use it but I have some troubles on mac. I properly installed the app and I'm doing the feed-check. Unfortunately, I saw package but on the screen nothing happened. I was expecting to see British Track with blue dots on it. Have you some idea to fix my error? Thanks

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-01-31 alle 19.22.14.png
    Schermata 2020-01-31 alle 19.22.14.png
    180.4 KB · Views: 96
Hi,

first of all thanks for your work. I'm trying to use it but I have some troubles on mac. I properly installed the app and I'm doing the feed-check. Unfortunately, I saw package but on the screen nothing happened. I was expecting to see British Track with blue dots on it. Have you some idea to fix my error? Thanks

Hi,

Tested this and noticed, that with at some point with the 9.x I had made a small change, which actually made the Telemetry tool to not work correctly on the F1 2019 feed from Feedtester. Debug feeds work though (but I use them in development, so an error there would be immediately be found). Fixed this for the future releases. Sorry for this.

Cheers

Will broadcast mode be supported in the near future?

I use dash apps and your software so I need to turn on Broadcast mode.

Thanks!

I can see, if I can put this under an option to use it with broadcast option.

For the time being, you could use the out1 & out2 features, i.e. let data come into the Telemetry tool, which then forwards the exactly same packets out to to max two different IP/port combinations. I.e. you could forward the data to the dash apps easily. (And if the dash apps don't let you change the port, you could put the game to send out data to 20776, but then make out1 or out 2 to send data to the 20777 port.

You can enable the data forwarding by editing the settings file. There are comments for the out1 and out2, which should help you to get it working.

Cheers

I have a problem. When I try to start the program the first time, i click on the .bat file and it says me "impossible to execute this program on this PC". I also tried to create the path on the desktop as said in the readme, but it says that the "jawaws.exe" located in bin/win/bin folder doesn't exist. I've java installed yet, the 2018 version always worked done for me. What can i do?

I have a problem. When I try to start the program the first time, i click on the .bat file and it says me "impossible to execute this program on this PC". I also tried to create the path on the desktop as said in the readme, but it says that the "jawaws.exe" located in bin/win/bin folder doesn't exist. I've java installed yet, the 2018 version always worked done for me. What can i do?

Hmm, in the ReadMe.txt there was a typo, it should be javaw.exe, not javaws.exe (javaws.exe was in old versions). Fixed that for future releases.

Which version did you download (9.0 or 9.1) and on which Windows version do you run the tool? D

I have tested the Telemetry tool both Win7 and win10 and never received such message. I just unzip the packet and double-click the runWin.bat. It might be that you run some virusprotection, which flags the tool/included java.

If you open command window into the Telemetry tool install directory, can you do
> cd bin
> cd win
> cd bin
> dir javaw.exe
You should see text like
2019-04-26 18:35 203,264 javaw.exe
1 File(s) 203,264 bytes

Cheers.

Hi Iko, I'd like to thank you for this app, it helps me massively during my league races. However, it always bothered me that there are no names for multiplayer sessions. I know that there's no data for player names in telemetry now, but I've found one workaround for league racing in this simhub plugin by GarySwallow:

He set up a file where you can assign player names to car numbers and it worked great when we checked it out yesterday in our F1 2019 PS4 league, because we have a policy of every driver in the league using different car number. Is it possible to add this feature to your telemetry application or is it too much of a hassle? Cheers.

Hi Iko, I'd like to thank you for this app, it helps me massively during my league races. However, it always bothered me that there are no names for multiplayer sessions. I know that there's no data for player names in telemetry now, but I've found one workaround for league racing in this simhub plugin by GarySwallow:

He set up a file where you can assign player names to car numbers and it worked great when we checked it out yesterday in our F1 2019 PS4 league, because we have a policy of every driver in the league using different car number. Is it possible to add this feature to your telemetry application or is it too much of a hassle? Cheers.

I think that would be doable. I need to check, if the player car numbers come through in online races, when I do the final online tests. I have been working on the race number stuff a bit, as ACC also gives the car's number. In the 9.2 the player number visible in the race map and the RaceTiming data.

Have you checked 'Tools/Settings' --> 'Save driverids file', if you could use that as a short term solution. If in your league you always have same real driver for each sim driver, you could use that to set the driver names. Some other league drivers have used that, which is the reason it exists there.

Edit: Tested and it seems, the race numbers are sent from the game, thus I can do a RaceNumber -> Name mapping option into the system. Will be similar, as with the driver_ids.csv usage.

Cheers

Last edited:
Have you checked 'Tools/Settings' --> 'Save driverids file', if you could use that as a short term solution. If in your league you always have same real driver for each sim driver, you could use that to set the driver names. Some other league drivers have used that, which is the reason it exists there.
Yeah, I was testing this feature for a while, but most of the drivers in my league seems to choose first car available for their teams, so it was a bit messy and I didn't want to force everybody into it just so that I can use the telemetry app to full extent. Car numbers look like much more elegant workaround and it can also be applied for reserve drivers coming in randomly when someone is absent.
Edit: Tested and it seems, the race numbers are sent from the game, thus I can do a RaceNumber -> Name mapping option into the system. Will be similar, as with the driver_ids.csv usage.
That's great to hear, thank you very much! Waiting for an update then, cheers.

tool wont work on f1 2019 have the java 11 on Mac

Hi, do you have the Java 11, which has JavaFX included?

If you just take the Oracle or some other Java version, it most likely won't have JavaFX included (as Oracle dropped JavaFX from their release). Please download a Java version, which has JavaFX included. You can find one from this link. This points to Java 11 version, but you could also take the Java 8. Both should be fine.

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back