Submit Your Questions! SRO, Kunos, RD And Chris Haye Sim Racing Panel Discussion

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We want your questions! This Wednesday 10th June we are recording a panel discussion between Marco Massarutto (Kunos), Anthony Comas (SRO), Chris Haye (YouTube) and Paul Jeffrey (RD) - so ask us anything!

To air as part of our pre-race build up show for the final round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship on Saturday 20th June, RaceDepartment are hosting a sim racing themed panel discussion with the Co-Founder and Executive Manager of Kunos Simulazioni, Marco Massarutto, the Marketing Manager at SRO Motorsports Group, Anthony Comas, YouTube sim racing favourite Chris Haye and RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Paul Jeffrey - and we want our community to fire some questions over for the panel to discuss!

Have you ever wanted to know anything about the rise of GT3 racing, what happens behind the scenes at the GT World Challenge and their venture into esports racing? Are you interested to find out more about the excitement and intrigue of serious sim racing development? Curious as to what it takes to produce high quality videos as one of the most popular sim racing YouTube creators on the internet? Do you...., errr, well I'll be present too, for whatever that's worth!

Get your questions submitted as soon as possible, we will be recording the show on Wednesday afternoon so you don't have long! Our panel discussion will be aired on the RaceDepartment Twitch channel Saturday 20th June as part of a mammoth day of sim racing content, as we build up to the final race of the SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship.

Should be fun!

SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship: Championship Standings After Round 4: Click Here

Quick Links
  • SRO E-Sport GT Series Explained | Watch Here
  • SRO E-Sport GT Series. What is GT3 Racing? | Watch Here
  • SRO E-Sport GT Series Round 1 | Watch Here
  • SRO E-Sport GT Series Round 2 | Watch Here
  • SRO E-Sport GT Series Round 3 | Watch Here
  • SRO E-Sport GT Series Round 4 | Watch Here
  • Follow The Official Live Twitch Broadcast Channel | Click Here
  • Join the conversation on social media via the official hashtag #iAMracing
Series Sponsor Links
AM Series Sponsors NEW.png

Marco Massarutto:
You must be really proud of the team?
I am sure you miss Stefano but you seem to be doing well without him, what was the biggest challenge due to his departure?

Anthony Comas:
How has SRO benefited from teaming up with Kunos Simulazioni ?
Has ACC helped SRO brand awareness outside of the real world racing community?

Chris Haye:
I am sure you did not think that when you posted your first video you would be where you are today?
Now that you are in this, a lot deeper than you imagined and spending a lot more time in front of the camera, how much time do you have actually driving and having fun?

Paul Jeffrey:
Do you think, during the lockdown, with the lack of real world racing events that the media commentators and journalists are taking the spotlight from you and your virtual counterparts?
What is your favorite car and favorite shirt print? If you like I will make you a livery combining the two!

I have only two questions:

-when corona will be over, it would be cool if SRO would organize a championship during the period in which there are no races (november-march). What are their plans?

-to kunos i would ask if they intend to continue to expand the brand, by including amrercan and asian tracks.
Please? (XD)

Thank you for this opportunity RD!

Marco Massarutto:

Why does Kunos allow users to use fake names on public servers? This causes a lot of problems, as they can hide behind fictitious names, cause problems in the races, ruin the race of others players and then enter again with another name. The ideal would be some way to block these bad players or even reset their S.A. to zero when changing the name, or force them to use their real names registered on steam ... so this story of hiding behind a nickname ended and they could not keep changing the names all the time ....

Marco: Do you foresee the possibility that the GT World Challenge America circuits come to ACC? (E.G. Watkins Glen, COTA, VIR,...)

Chris: Using Google and vague self-reliance I was able to achieve analog control of the free cam but haven't found how to do pedestal (z-axis) movements. Are they even possible in ACC free cam mode? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Paul: Do you find enough time to race for fun with all the stuff going on with RD?

Thanks for all the hard work gentlemen!

Marco:
Do you have any future plans on simulating transmission flex and its interaction with the sound engine to give us audible feedback?

Edit: (Congrats on the leaps of progress on sound from AC to ACC)

Last edited:
Being smug about it and saying "you don't pay a subscription so you have to expect bugs!" is lazy development and greed.
many other sim titles and games for that matter manage quite fine without such a subscription.

If there is something Kunos can't be acused of is of being greedy. Look at their DLC prices, man, and compare them to rFactor2 ones (I wont even mention iRacing).

Another thing I can answer: because you have limited resources and you need to decide where to put them. Simple, yes?

This has been aswered by Aris himself in many many of his livestreams.

Jorge I think the questions are not for you

You have been able to read what this section is for

if you are not happy with acc

erasing from steam is enough

trolling here not

Marco:

- There are currently a lot of problems on the ACC online (server search, rating not taken into account, etc), are these problems related to a user peak? When can we expect a return to normal?

- Cheaters are currently rotting the online races of many people to the competition servers ... Can you do something about this (and when) or do you just hope they get bored?

- The GT4s are supposed to arrive this summer, can you give us a more precise period? Will we have to wait days ? Weeks? Months? When will we have more information, especially about the models that will be present?

- With the arrival of the GT4s, it would be interesting to have "smaller" circuits than those currently present, is there a project to add the circuits of the FFSA GT French Championship?

- Later in the year a "British GT Pack" is planned, will it only concern the circuits or also the liveries ? And does it mean that we will be able to do multi-class races ?

Hi guys! I would like to ask all of you: In ACC, which track you race best and which car you drive best? And which track and car you guys have more difficulties?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back