Stuttering on sim racing games!

upload_2019-6-16_17-26-43.png

With temperature loocked at 80ºC on Aida64.
But in HWinfo it shows that it goes until 100º C, not in AIDA, it continuosly throttles down!

View attachment 310793
With temperature loocked at 80ºC on Aida64.
But in HWinfo it shows that it goes until 100º C, not in AIDA, it continuosly throttles down!

The reason is because you're throttling down in AIDA64 because your temps are past the safe threshold since your cooling can't handle it. That's why you see all that red in hwinfo 64.

You might want to try and re-seat the H100i cooler. Maybe it's not on properly. Do some youtube on how to clean and maintain a AIO and re-apply thermal paste. Watch videos on how to do it properly. You have a very serious cooling issue.

upload_2019-6-16_18-49-5.png

upload_2019-6-16_18-50-41.png

But is strange, because when playing Assetto Corsa it only reaches 74º C and 53.9% CPU load, and with oculus rift i still have stuttering, with monitor much less, if i lock the fps at 166 that is max refresh rate and it´s a G-Sync monitor, but with oculus rift i still have a lot of micro stuttering and stuttering !

74°c at 54% load isn't great at all either way. I'm reaching 70°C but that's with 50% cooling active.
Full load reaches 76°C with Aida for me with 100% fan power then.

Anyway, for AC you shouldn't see throttling. Just be aware that you should never really stress the CPU with the current cooling situation (rendering a video, playing multicore games like Assassins Creed or Battlefield).

Could you please play AC again and re-do this image:
upload_2019-6-16_15-42-25-png.310778

You need to click and hold the Y-Axis of the upper left area and drag it downwards.
The maximum in that picture is 4 Ghz although we need to see 5 GHz as maximum.

I expect two things:
1. 166 fps is too much for AC1. This will result in fluctuating fps with drops to maybe 140 fps for splitseconds. Please limit the fps to 100 just for testing and see if it becomes smooth.

2. You said you have USB problems.. It sounds like the problem is your Oculus then, or the USB ports...
No idea how to test this sadly but maybe you can use different ports, unplug all other devices or anything to reduce the stress level for your motherboard?

Ok before doing something silly like buying a new PSU one thing is very important.
Always connect your OR USB on the VR ready port from your motherboard.
Download MSI Xboost if this tool is available for your mobo and apply for highest performance. Your OR is USB power hungry

I going to bed now, but I will give you tomorrow more answers about whats wrong at your rig.

The reason is because you're throttling down in AIDA64 because your temps are past the safe threshold since your cooling can't handle it. That's why you see all that red in hwinfo 64.

You might want to try and re-seat the H100i cooler. Maybe it's not on properly. Do some youtube on how to clean and maintain a AIO and re-apply thermal paste. Watch videos on how to do it properly. You have a very serious cooling issue.
i tried with stock, with no OC, and got no throttle on CPU, but temperatures go until 91º C in 4 minutes, but no throttling!

74°c at 54% load isn't great at all either way. I'm reaching 70°C but that's with 50% cooling active.
Full load reaches 76°C with Aida for me with 100% fan power then.

Anyway, for AC you shouldn't see throttling. Just be aware that you should never really stress the CPU with the current cooling situation (rendering a video, playing multicore games like Assassins Creed or Battlefield).

Could you please play AC again and re-do this image:
upload_2019-6-16_15-42-25-png.310778

You need to click and hold the Y-Axis of the upper left area and drag it downwards.
The maximum in that picture is 4 Ghz although we need to see 5 GHz as maximum.

I expect two things:
1. 166 fps is too much for AC1. This will result in fluctuating fps with drops to maybe 140 fps for splitseconds. Please limit the fps to 100 just for testing and see if it becomes smooth.

2. You said you have USB problems.. It sounds like the problem is your Oculus then, or the USB ports...
No idea how to test this sadly but maybe you can use different ports, unplug all other devices or anything to reduce the stress level for your motherboard?

I only have 3 ports USB 3.0., the 3 with oculus and oculus sensors, all on the back.

upload_2019-6-16_21-41-31.png

upload_2019-6-16_21-42-26.png

I have this issue, with oculus, it says my computer doesn´t meet Rift minimum specs, but i do the test and it does, USB booster in now active and in continues to give that message.

One more thing i am just writhing here and the fans still working at great speed, and computer is now sotck with no OC....

So playing without VR is "fine" now it seems?
Then there're only issues left with VR... It's indeed strange that you get the warning that your pc wouldn't matching minimum specs for the Oculus...
Sadly I have no idea about VR headsets :(
Before buying a new psu or motherboard, I would maybe try a Pci-e USB card as that will 100% sure have enough power.
No idea if anyone made good experiences with VR plugged into additional USB cards though...

I have the H100i Pro on my 9900k at stock settings and it only reaches 65 degrees in Aida stress tests.

Like has already been said, take the cooler off the CPU, clean it all up and repaste it and make sure its seated right. If that doesnt work then you may have a problem with the pump or the coolant inside has evaporated.

AIO - All in one (Corsair watercoolers are AIO systems)

I have the H100i Pro on my 9900k at stock settings and it only reaches 65 degrees in Aida stress tests.

Like has already been said, take the cooler off the CPU, clean it all up and repaste it and make sure its seated right. If that doesnt work then you may have a problem with the pump or the coolant inside has evaporated.

AIO - All in one (Corsair watercoolers are AIO systems)

Thanks I ll go to take it to where I did the upgrade, they should have left it in perfect working conditions, unfortunately they couldn't put it working as they don't have a compatible monitor to the displayport or hdmi ports...
I had to install windows and put it in working conditions at home!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back