Stuttering on sim racing games!

For some time I thought that stuttering was linked to the corrections of the specter and meltdown faults released a few years ago, but as its processor is much more current, I no longer know if this is the case.

Since I went from 120 Hz single to 60 Hz triples AMS is unplayable for me. Just horrible stutter. I've been right through this thread and tried everything that seems relevant (although I'm not computer savy) and I can't make any difference. I've given up... well, I don't play AMS much, but it would be nice to have the option.

Maybe you are right, but i still have problems with the other simulators too, and didn't have problems with my old setup with Rfactor 2 or any other sim racing game, so I presume that my computer (hardware or software) have a problem.

Unfortunately I can't install windows 7, to test it, with other OS.
When I install it from the root it stops at the beginning, on the first screen, don't know if it is caused by my keyboard and mouse don't be recognized (wifi).
Anyway I have a wired mouse too and it doesn't recognize it. The screen just seems to be frozen.

When I try to install it inside windows 10, it always gave me a blue screen (fatal error).

So, no way with windows 7 ( and no way with windows 10 too).
I put on BIOS, CSM mode, so it should work.

Martin, can a flutuante voltage or current from my house cause this kind of problems?
Would a UPS solve it?

Thanks
João Miguel
I may be late, but have you tried swapping out your PSU for a "Known Good One". I have had video and other inexplicable operating/video malfunctions from a "bad/going bad power supply". Just a suggestion.:coffee:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.2%