Stuttering on sim racing games!

Make sure you have HPET disabled on BIOS and on windows.
Not this again...

There never was a shred of reasonable evidence this actually helps. Some people *claim* to get better results with HPET, some without it. That's about it.

Besides, I'm fairly sure Windows don't even use HPET by default, regardless of the BIOS setting (provided you even have it), you have to specifically enable it.

Last edited:
In my experience it indeed significantly affected the performance of my computer, on synthetic benchmarks as on sims as well.

Long time ago my windows and BIOS had HPET enabled somehow. I do not remember to have manually enabled it, but it was. Had to disabled it on both BIOS and Windows.

I am not interested at all in get involved in discussion to prove the benefit or effectiveness of it. For whom may concern and be interested, please read the following article and validate by yourselves with which setting your system behaves the best.

https://www.overclockers.at/articles/the-hpet-bug-what-it-is-and-what-it-isnt

Anyway, same thing happen when I told PCIe speed was important to have set correctly even when a lot of internet information told it made no difference. Exactly the same thing with memory speeds. Just test it and find your own conclusions. I proveed correct on both.

I am not interested at all in get involved in discussion to prove the benefit or effectiveness of it.
Of course you're not interested in discussing the relevancy of your "advice". But you're perfectly willing to tell people to "make sure" to disable something (that shouldn't even be active in a standard system install).

I'm not even surprised anymore tbh.

Last edited:
I know it doesn't help but never sell your old gear before you get new gear sorted, if you had the GTX 1080 may have shed light and vice-versa ( you could have tried new card in old system )

Did you do fresh partition offline and manual drivers / updates

Do a manual overclock and set your voltages manually in the bios and disable any powersavings. Find a MSI overclocking guide and look on overclock.net on how tune the MSI.

I'd also run some stress tests for RAM and make sure your kits are stable.

I have the same setup as you but a Gigabyte board. Smooth as silk so I think it's down to a configuration issue or a hardware problem. You likely will need to go through each component and do a process of elimination.

Do a manual overclock and set your voltages manually in the bios and disable any powersavings. Find a MSI overclocking guide and look on overclock.net on how tune the MSI.

I'd also run some stress tests for RAM and make sure your kits are stable.

I have the same setup as you but a Gigabyte board. Smooth as silk so I think it's down to a configuration issue or a hardware problem. You likely will need to go through each component and do a process of elimination.

But it is supposed it work correctly out of the box, or not?
With my old rig it work fine even without OC.
Now with a top computer i only have problems.
I think i ll go to send this motherboard back and buy an ASUS hero XI.
And i ll go to buy another power supply, one from Corsair, EVGA or another good brand, with 1000 W.

With my Oculus Rift, now with this computer, i ll get this always this message "Your Computer doesn´t meet minimum specifications wich can lead to poor experience in VR.
Then i run the "Oculus tool" to verifiy compatibility and everything is ok.
I get a lot of "dash errors".
Sometimes the sound goes off.
Sometimes it gives me an error on the USB 3.0 where oculus rift are connected, i need to take it from the USB and then put it there again for it to work.

My mouse freezes sometimes.

I reinstalled windows a lot of times in last days and always the same....

But it is supposed it work correctly out of the box, or not?
With my old rig it work fine even without OC.
Now with a top computer i only have problems.
I think i ll go to send this motherboard back and buy an ASUS hero XI.
And i ll go to buy another power supply, one from Corsair, EVGA or another good brand, with 1000 W.

If you want an Asus, I'd get the Apex over the Hero. The VRM on the Hero is quite poor. The Apex is great and also will give you really high memory overclocks but it's limited to 2 slots (which is why you get high mem).

I don't think upgrading your PSU will have a difference but it's your money.

With my Oculus Rift, now with this computer, i ll get this always this message "Your Computer doesn´t meet minimum specifications wich can lead to poor experience in VR.
Then i run the "Oculus tool" to verifiy compatibility and everything is ok.
I get a lot of "dash errors".
Sometimes the sound goes off.
Sometimes it gives me an error on the USB 3.0 where oculus rift are connected, i need to take it from the USB and then put it there again for it to work.

My mouse freezes sometimes.

I reinstalled windows a lot of times in last days and always the same....

You clearly have a hardware problem somewhere.

You clearly have a hardware problem somewhere.

Agreed.

Hello there João.

As you have re-installed Win + drivers and the problem recurs software isn't likely the issue. Temps look fine although voltages would have been useful.

Though we don't know your full specs, what you have listed + case fans etc should put you at around 500-550W (see psu calculator linked below) so if you have a decent (bronze or better) psu rated 650w or above I doubt that is the problem.

https://seasonic.com/wattage-calculator#

From what you have said here it sounds mobo related. Are you using any hardware, Pcie cards etc, that may be causing conflict?

I'm not familiar with your cpu/socket but is there a possibility of a bent pin? This can sometimes cause odd behaviour without actually killing anything. Would be odd that it ran fine with the 2070 though...

Personally speaking, if I can't find any hardware conflicts then I would check cpu/socket. If nothing there I would RMA the board for the sake of safety. When a motherboard goes down, bad 50 cent MosFet goes bang etc, it can take other expensive hardware with it, so...

Please keep reporting back.

upload_2019-6-16_15-42-25.png
upload_2019-6-16_15-43-6.png
stabilitytest.png
gpgpu.png

Hi again!
I took the 2 first images playing Assetto Corsa with default graphics.
and with all energy saving features desabled on MSI DRAGON CENTER.
IT´s OC at 5.0 GHz, following the instructions provided on MSI site.
upload_2019-6-16_15-49-37.png

The 2 last ones were from a AIDA64 stress test.
It says that CPU is Throtlling at 35% max, is that a problem?

If someone can help me on this, i would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance
João Miguel

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-16_15-43-45.png
    upload_2019-6-16_15-43-45.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 134
That vcore is high depending on that cooling you have.

Why aren’t you running xmp on the ram?

Use hwinfo64 so we can see more details like your max voltages and you’ll be able to see throttling and temps per core in hwinfo.

Ok i download it too!
GO to install it, do a test and put the results here!
Thanks for the help!

Do 1 test at a time. Stick to AIDA64 and let's get that stabilized first. If you do too many things at once, it'll be harder to figure out where to make changes.

So do this:
- Go into bios and enable XMP
- Launch hwinfo64 and keep it running
- Do the AIDA64 stress test for 10mins and see what happens

Then we can see you min and max volts along with temps in hwinfo 64 and see what's going on.

Yeah that's bad. What cooler and case do you have for the CPU?

What's happening is that you're overheating your CPU and hitting thermal limits which kicks in protection and lowers the clocks on your CPU rather than killing it. That's what it's designed to do.

however, if you keep doing it, it'll start degrading the chip itself and your VRM's are likely getting roasted.

Stop benchmarking before you do some damage. You got a major cooling issue.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%