Stuttering on sim racing games!

I have the H100i Pro on my 9900k at stock settings and it only reaches 65 degrees in Aida stress tests.

Like has already been said, take the cooler off the CPU, clean it all up and repaste it and make sure its seated right. If that doesnt work then you may have a problem with the pump or the coolant inside has evaporated.

AIO - All in one (Corsair watercoolers are AIO systems)

David is right on this, you could also check if the radiator is not being full of dust, but after take off new cooling paste most be applied. That Corsair is an huge cooler it must keep the CPU cool even an 9900k.
About the USB port again use the VRready port as it seems your power in your USBport is not high or into a sleeping state. Believe me I have the same USB ready port/Xboost and plugging in this port it did help to avoid loud static sound.

I didn't expect that the cooling system was not working correctly as it is the same I had from the old 4770k and was working five, maybe they don't connect it correctly...

An AIO cooler can lose its efficiency at any time in its life, the main problems with them are dust clogging up the radiators, sludge build up inside the system, pumps not working well enough (due to sludge) and coolant evaporating.

I had a Corsair H60 on my 4790k for 4 years, for the first 3 years it was fine and kept temps down to 60 degrees under max load, after that the temps took a massive turn and the CPU started thermal throttling at max loads, there was no warning and nothing had changed, even a clean up and repaste didnt solve it, when I took it out of the case and gave it a shake you could hear the coolant that was left sloshing about so some evaporation had took place and maybe caused a big air lock in the pump/CPU block. When you buy a new AIO you shouldnt hear any sloshing about of the liquid as it will be filled near enough to the brim.

AIO coolers are good when they work but always need watched to make sure their doing their job, like everything else they have a lifespan and that can be a diffrent timeframe for any situation.

I went an hour ago to the computer store!
They put the cooler right, now the temperatures are good!
Game continues wirh sttuttering.
Computer frozes in front of them for 5 minutes, in desktop, with a few programs open.
They film it for a possible RMA.
Opening the task manager after the freenzing, there is a process that consumes 99 of CPU, i dont remeber the name but is something like ".... idle .... ", and it dont stops, still there consuming all the CPU resources.
I dont know if it can be a virus, but i formated the M2, a lot of times to install windows from root, and windows defender did not detect any virus.
i think that i have a computer with own will, he does what he wants... i am kiding, but this is completely frustrating, 15 days with computer problems.

Opening the task manager after the freenzing, there is a process that consumes 99 of CPU, i dont remeber the name but is something like ".... idle .... ", and it dont stops, still there consuming all the CPU resources.
If you go into the performance tab you should see that all cores are at only a few percent of load as this is the idling process.
It shows 99% usage but in fact it is not putting any load on the cpu at all.

In Taskmanager you always have:
100 minus real processes = percent of the idling process.
So 99% idling process means no program uses the cpu.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Idle_Process

If you go into the performance tab you should see that all cores are at only a few percent of load as this is the idling process.
It shows 99% usage but in fact it is not putting any load on the cpu at all.

In Taskmanager you always have:
100 minus real processes = percent of the idling process.
So 99% idling process means no program uses the cpu.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Idle_Process

Thanks for the explanation!

Anyway my computer is not performing well!
I alreay tried to change in NVIDIA panel the "maximun pre rendered frames" to 4, but stuttering still´s there. By defeult its "Using the 3D application setting".
What value should i put on "VR PRE RENDERED FRAMES" ?
Can you help me on settings on NVIDIA panel please?
For a G-Sync LG 166Hz monitor and for Oculus Rift

Thanks in advance!

One thing i forgot to mention is that if i force Assetto Corsa runing at 32 bits version (chosing it on the menu options) i have almost no stuttering, why this hapennig and why 64 bit give me more problems, as i have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version installed?

Could this be a memory isue?

Just because the 32 bit Version can't use more than 4gb memory it doesn't mean not all ram sticks are used.
They are different exe files though so I think it's a setting issue.
You might have two profiles in the nvidia settings, only one exe applying the fps limiter or something else.
See if you can find different settings for the 32 bit exe (pick the names from task manager processes).

If you find different settings note them down and post here :)

what is the vcore that your 9900k is running at max load?

what are the temps now at max load?

why are you using old drivers for the 2080ti?

are you installing all the motherboard drivers?

what is the vcore that your 9900k is running at max load?

what are the temps now at max load?

why are you using old drivers for the 2080ti?

are you installing all the motherboard drivers?

I don't have the computer now.
It's on the store, they are testing it.

For what I saw, they don't connect at first the H100I to the board sensors, and it was not working correctly.
Now they did it and the temperatures are around 50° C playing assetto corsa. I don't know at full load.

I installed all the motherboard drivers.

I am using old drivers because with new ones, it was worse, more stuttering.

I saw in a forum that the 325.31 were the better ones for Sim Racing games. I already installed the 3 new ones and they were worst.

Last edited:
Just because the 32 bit Version can't use more than 4gb memory it doesn't mean not all ram sticks are used.
You might have two profiles in the nvidia settings, only one exe applying the fps limiter or something else.
See if you can find different settings for the 32 bit exe (pick the names from task manager processes).

I left the computer at the store, they continue to test it.
The computer in windows stopped for 5 minutes, they film it, but they are reluctant in give me another motherboard, processor or memories.
They are a small store, so they don't have the capacity to swap components, as the first attempt to solve the problems.

Whjy would you overclock such a potent system, you might set the timings of communication devices less than ideal. I would first get everything working without any overclock.
First thing on my mind was that it was cooling of the CPU related.

Heat is not a issue anymore. Now they connected the water cooling system correctly. I still have a lot of micro stuttering and some stuttering. Tried to put it the most steady possible, no OC, at 3.6 ghz, memory XMP enabled at 3.2 ghz, safe energy options all disabled, but no luck ...

Heat is not a issue anymore. Now they connected the water cooling system correctly. I still have a lot of micro stuttering and some stuttering. Tried to put it the most steady possible, no OC, at 3.6 ghz, memory XMP enabled at 3.2 ghz, safe energy options all disabled, but no luck ...

I know you said you tried 1809 and 1903, was that using update and rollback or did you use a fresh partition every time.

Please remember this, when you get your PC back:
One thing i forgot to mention is that if i force Assetto Corsa runing at 32 bits version (chosing it on the menu options) i have almost no stuttering, why this hapennig and why 64 bit give me more problems, as i have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version installed?

Could this be a memory isue?

When you get it back, try if the 32 bit exe still runs fine compared to the 64 bit exe. It's really weird thing and if there would be a hardware problem, it would show with both.
If the 32 bit exe still runs better, it's a software issue!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back