South African Touring Car Championship 2009 (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only the one version. Link as follows for those that want it:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=407

It installs the same as Rfactor. Thus go into Steam, Steamapps, Name, Race07 and look for your Gamedata folder. If you do not have a gamedata folder then you need to create one. Inside Gamedata you create "Locations" folder and put track in there.
So is everybody fine with the choices and dates etc. So we can finalise and get you signed up :)

Here we go guys. Seems everything is up and ready for you to sign up at GPCOS.

Once you have signed up for GPCOS there is the following left to do:
1) Go to your Control centre (top right of the page)
2) Click on either of the following -
a) Start driiving (this will have you join an existing team)
You will be taken to a screen where you can choose a team to request a drive for.
Look under SATCC for the team you would like to join. Click on the team and a mail will be sent to the team owner for validation. If you do not want to be part of a seperate team you can join the RD Single Drivers team. Once validated by the Team manager you will be ready to go.

b) Start managing a team.
Here you must create a team and fill in the required information. No need to fill in colours etc though. The team will be managed by the person who signs it up.
Once the team has been approved etc you will now see extra information in you Control centre profile. Click on Maintain team requests for leagues and once again click on SATCC in the drop down menu. Once your team is created and you have joined that league then other drivers can request to drive for your team.

c) Once your team is approved you must:
Maintain team requests for leagues and choose SATCC
This will send me a mail and i will approve you asap.

That button can be found the new Team Owners Options in your control centre

d) Once you have your team in the league you will need to follow step (a) and join your racing team as a driver.

Except for the RD Single Drivers team, i would like all teams to be kept to a maximum of 2 drivers please.

Thanks, GL and please ask if you have any questions

EDITS ADDED

Thanks Craig.

question.

1. Can one set gpcos to gmt +2? I've looked around but for the life of me can't find the clicky where to do it.

2. Is it normal not to have gamedata/locations folders in Steam../../../ ? i have an 'offline' installation where all the gamedata stuff is located. Anyway, I created as suggested and will test. I suppose the important part is whether it works or not, but still curious to know if guys who did not install offline too has said folders by default then.

3. i suppose the thunderfix too must go into this Steam gamedata thingy, not the oflline gamedata then too? (being from Joburg i expect some serious thunder at Kyalami, hehe)

Thanks.

Hi MVN
Here your answers :)
1) Dont worry about the gpcos time thingy. Its all funky.
2) Its correct to have the Gamedata folder in Steam. You thunder fix can go there too.I am not sure wether additions on the offline version will pick up on the online version. Would be good to know.
3) Yup

Feel free to ask anymore :)

Terry Harmer. He represents TEAM SOUTH AFRICA in the Nations Cup League here.
Along with Mark Guy and myself we are TEAM SA :)
So for all the work and help he has given us he is automatically invited to join if he wants. He is also a very good driver and seems a wizz with the setups.
Also he great grandmother come too SA for a week in 1889, thus he is South African :) (Joking)

Hi all
Thanks for the build up Craig ,but I've been lucky.
Joining you in the SA Championship maybe difficult because practice starts at 6.00pm UK time and I'm just leaving work then.
However I maybe able to sneak off early now and again .

Not sure about Great Granny but I do have an Uncle and cousins in South Africa last I heard.

Best of luck

Terry

Hi Colin.

2 race per event. Race 2 starts right after Race 1. So no further praccy, qualy or warmup for Race2.
I changed the tmes on the GPCOS site to 17:00 gmt (19:00 our time). This will be the start of praccy with the format running as per update on gpcos site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back