Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Yes fbx seems to be the modern way. Sadly I have 3dsimed2 without fbx support.
Have tried to convert it to other formats using other conversion tools (and got the same problem as before because that required to use these formats without multiple UV channels :roflmao:).

It seems to work now (using test version of 3dSimed 3) together with blender.
So now it is like this
3dsimed2 -> .dae to Blender for a lot of manipulation, then export .dae and import in 3dsimed 3 (3dsimed 2 doesn't work here) and export to .gmt...

say at least now we know
remember I said to be sure if not working on the wrong sim?
thats why my last attachment I comment about volvo (tested).
I think I´ll try gtr1.

David Wright comments some tyre data is hard coded in *.exe like the dropoff : as you and many of us know about gtr2/race07 tyre behaviour is that it is quite impossible to recover a car when it starts to spin.

David Wright:
GTR1 is quite a step backwards from GTR2, though a few prefer the challenge of its knife-edge tyre physics.

Last edited:
As always I work on too many things, so I plan to release a trackpack update with AO shadows updates to Croft track only first, the possibly update the other tracks one by one later.

Also Super Touring with shadows updates to most of the 1995-2000 season cars mainly, others like 1992/1993 and seasons packs at a later date (the difference is not that big). There are other things going on too.

1.jpg

Ok, so the texture shadows doesn't work after the changes either...
Did they work using standard Race07 shaders?
Maybe the projected shadows and other textures was disabled when car lights was disabled?

I think I saw a big projected shadow texture once at the wrong place (was a bug when working on shaders at Silverstone track), so there is a chance it can be added...

Edit: I THINK I have found a way to fix shadow darkness the way as you suggested. No luck with textured shadow yet, but will continue the research.

Last edited:
Now the shadows are more dependent on direct light vs ambient light.
But I think it should be scaled down just a little bit, and the cars under shadows should be less affected (not sure how, but I might have an idea...)

shaderwork3.jpg
shaderwork2.jpg
shaderwork.jpg

Now with under car shadows even when other car shadows are faded out.
This will never be perfect, because shadows are not separated for this in game, but I think it should be an improvement. One disturbing thing is that shadows get more transparent in some directions (as before, possibly some draw order issue in game??). Don't know if it can be solved. Also there seems to be some max shadow receive objects number in game that make adding lights difficult, and some car wheels do not get shaded in garage sometimes. Finding and increasing that value would make the game look and feel better.

shaderwork5.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea