Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Status update

Released:
Super Touring Ui 2.0

I have made a lot of testing, but there will probably be something to fix still.
Super Touring Track Pack
Minor fixes
Race Remaster
Added increased rear mirror draw distance and more country flags.

WIP projects:
Touring car legends
* Slow progress for the moment, working on some boring and time consuming things.
Need to add exterior steering wheels and a few more things. Also find a few cars that causes CTD for different(?) reasons.

STCC 2003 and ETCC 2002
* Fixed STCC 2003 pitcrew load crash.
* Updated Honda Civic body.
* Fixed some windows transparency to work better with Race Remaster.
* Updated some car refmaps to latest standard.
* Have to balance the performance of the cars and improve the visuals slightly for a more even look. Haven't still decided what to do about car ID's, but will probably reuse ID's, maybe from BTC-T mod.

Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2)
* Nothing new here for the moment.

Super Touring Experience
* Nothing new here for the moment. The plan is to finish the simulator part first before adding more in race simulations.

Long time/paused projects:
TinyTweaks to other WTCC seasons
* WTCC 2009 or 2011 if I get permission.

Test track and Alpine climb from Toca2
* Might continue later, using new shaders and maybe other things I have learnt from Simbin tracks.

GT3 Huracan
* some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

Last edited:
A lot going on behind the scene.
* I have rewritten a lot of shaders, the differences are small, but I think it is an improvement.
Car paints should look better.
* ST Experience app has been worked on a lot. It is an exe and works much better, still some work left to do.
* I didn't plan for it, but the super touring cars have received some updates. Most shadow models have been improved, so no more shadow bumpers and mirrors that are not attached to the car body. Also some other minor shape edits, a cube map error fix, and FINALLY decided to learn how to bake shadows in Blender (I have painted them myself previously, a great way to work on my skills, but Blender does this better than me). Have only updated a few Volvo s40 car body textures so far, but it is an improvement. The cars look a tiny bit more realistic now. Looking forward to see what an update to the other car models will look like.

There is a lot more, but I don't know which project that will be finished first.

31.jpg

33.jpg

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    662.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
As you're now using Blender, you might be interested in this addon I'm working on ;)
it's for rF2 but does very likely work for Race07 too :cool:
Given (to my understanding) Studio 397 favours 3DS Max for rF2 modding and only provided modding tools for that software, but Blender is such a popular 3D software (especially for Assetto Corsa), more tools like this are essential. Maybe could help encourage more rF2 modding (even just AC conversions) in a small way.

Anyway, not to derail Andreas' WIP thread into an rF2 discussion. But well done! :)

Last edited:
Hello Andreas.
I finally have RaceR! (v 0.95 on RaceInjection)
Very fast on loading. looking better, super clean.
cant wait to properly set it up with all my stuff and actually test all the goodies.

question, did you change something on shadows angle?
My geolocation values dont seem to work the same as in GTR2. Or maybe simbin update/change some of that.

I have a lot improve on Lighting (v 2.7), but all depends on Geo.
Now, if you dont mind, I will post some screens of GTR2 (as I will move fully into RaceR) just to show some of what can be acomplish hoping to improve RaceR.

No tree shader, textures done long ago while learning Photoshop and Crazybump, but lighting v 2.7.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years