Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Anyone having any experience with endurence racing in Race07? Is there any driver change/ ai control? There is functions for that left in the code, but maybe not used for the moment.
Did find the code that does that in Gtr2, but Race 07 .exe rewrite the race 07 code very fast.
Might be a missed some info. But it looks pretty simple in Gtr2.

Headlights would be great!
Is was Mucho that found that the car id pointed to an array and not easy to change.

About headlights: adding projectors doesn't work right now. The game doesn't recognize the type of object. They are identified the same way as in Gtr2 in the .cas file it seams, and the code for the materials is there, but after that the game don't know how to handle them.

Wait, you've actually gotten the code readable? I'm fairly decent with C/C# and am usually pretty good in being able to read code as a computer. I might be able to assist.
With the help of Mucho I use Ghidra to decompile and naming functions.
I have named a huge number of functions, variables and labels, but obviosly I have made a lot of mistakes. Nevertheless this have helped me to find a big number of useful things, so your help is very welcome.
Just have to figure out the best way to use your knowledge :thumbsup:

I don't think that will be a problem, the basic is simple.
Just select things and see assembly and decompiled C code, probably not very different.

I have added the pit mechanic temporarily just by adding the right files and edit some values in the memory. It could be done in an hex-editor too.

I think the reason for the rest of the things not showing up is that the car wheels are not found by the pitcrew functions. I will try to add some placeholders to see what happens.

Yes, the game seems to use rain wheels for that here.
Also the wheels on the car disappears for a moment at tyre change, so it kind of works. Somewhere at the wheel ani file or at start of wheel techician right, the script stops working :unsure:
So either there is something with associating the new wheels with the script actors that causes the WT's not to show up, or the extra wheels are places in the center because they don't get attached to the hand attach-points of the WT's and defaults to that position(?)

It turns out I have the wheel technicians too, they are just not available in practice :roflmao:
So the edits I did in the script files didn't do anything other than making the game crash when piting in game. I will tidy up the pit crew files and send a new version to the involved soon.

Double pit crews here, also my static ones. The WT's doesn't do much, probably because the wheel change options have different names. But that can probably be fixed in the scripts.

1625751574936.png

Wheels are animated now, but does only rotate, not move, because the WTs don't move yet.
It also seems the wheel shadows are rendered...
I will check if it is possible to replace the mechanics so they don't have the helmets.

1625752792066.png

Fixed an error, so now they work too. There is some bug when watching replay, making the pitboard jump between the hands of the TE (but not in game) so it looks wrong here.

One thing that doesn't seem to work is car jacking up and down :unsure:

Also would like the WT's to have the wheels readdy, not standing there like statues.
I will check if that is possible...

1625761203774.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play