Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Yes it seems it does that "sometimes"...
Have been trying to replace some pitcrew meshes, but no luck so far. I guess the information needed for the animations gets lost when saving the changes. Don't like the helmets and the pose of the crew, looks like robots :confused:

Crew and other things are animated using bones in a so called armature. You need to preserve or recreate them too, when changing the meshs.
Unfortunately I don't know exactly how you can do so, but likely 3dsmax and a respective gmotor2 sdk would be required. This is probably not available. I know that 3DSimEd can show animation but you cannot export mesh and armature to allow editing them in any other software :(

edit: if anyone could find a way to isolate the armature somehow, we may find a way to modify it...

Last edited:
I believe the skeleton is in the .fxa file, at least the rig position but some things, maybe vertex binding (?) are in the gmt too.
I did some research about those files some time ago

I have searched a lot for something to edit these Emotion files, but nothing so far, it is such an old file format :(

Crew and other things are animated using bones in a so called armature. You need to preserve or recreate them too, when changing the meshs.
Unfortunately I don't know exactly how you can do so, but likely 3dsmax and a respective gmotor2 sdk would be required. This is probably not available. I know that 3DSimEd can show animation but you cannot export mesh and armature to allow editing them in any other software :(

edit: if anyone could find a way to isolate the armature somehow, we may find a way to modify it...
I have been able to edit the WT in 3dsimed. I added the head from the TE and exploded the part so the mesh got inserted into the model. Also tried delete the helmet material mesh but then it doesn't work, because the helmet material is used in the fxa file. Also the inserted head was distorted, probably animated as the helmet shape... Investigation continues

Just some screenshots and preparation for the pitcrew mod.
For me it really adds to the experience to have CrewChief and the pitcrew :thumbsup:

Known "issues":
* Plugin for CrewChief (with Pitcrew patch) by Mucho is needed.
* Full pitcrew is only visible in Race 1. In other sessions and Race 2 there will only be the crew chief.
* If the pits is crowded, some ai cars might not be released (safety first), and may sometimes quit the race.
* All crews will have blue suits. Not sure if it will be possible to have custom team suits.
* Full crews will be visible for player team and some ai teams, not all ai teams.
* I would like to replace the helmets used by the crew, but for the moment it is not possible.

Pitstop camera and cinematics have been edited so camera stays in car.
Animations have been edited so wheel technicians are ready instead of just standing there like statues. There might be some more minor issues, as the animations and scripts are made for GTR2. Most of the GTR2 features are included in Race 07, they are just not activated.

pitcrew1.jpg
pitcrew2.jpg
pitcrew3.jpg
pitcrew4.jpg
pitcrew5.jpg
pitcrew6.jpg

Just some experimenting with GEMFX. Tried to apply "true color shader" but to tone down the 'over sharping' and other effects. I think the cars look slightly better, but the sky and menu looks a little bit worse... The bad thing is that it affects the whole screen, not just the scene.

With GEMFX preset
littleeffects1.jpg

littleeffects2.jpg

Without GEMFX preset
noeffects1.jpg

noeffects2.jpg

Might go back to my old preset with just a little bit increased shadowing and a tiny bit of desaturation.

Also working on the sun effect.
I would like it to be a little bit more like this, with some desaturation, but not sure exactly what happens in real life. And I have no idea how to add it to Race 07 :roflmao:

suneffects1.jpg

Not a big fan of GEMFX to be honest. looks like a brownish smear on the display every time I have tried it.;)

On the bright side I got your Pit crew to show up :)
With Mucho's plugin patch.
Really like the stay in cockpit view.
Never was a big fan of the Gtr2 pit spectator/ TV view.

Glad to hear it works :D
If anyone have missed, I uploaded the pitcrew patch here:
It includes the necessary crewchief plugin from Mucho.
Future updates to the Crew Chief plugin should also support the pit crew.

I have been thinking more about the lights in Race 07.
I think one thing about colors that could improve the looks if I could edit the diffuse to emissive gradients.
Left gradient is what we have now I believe, maybe we should have a little bit more like the gradient to the right.:unsure:

1626630200768.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea