Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Could't resist... added a oulton park background texture to the track side to get a little bit of detail.
Nothing extraordinary, but a little better.
I might replace the crowds or add some more close to the track in the future. The crowds don't look bad, but from some camera angles they are very flat.

oulton3.jpg
oulton2.jpg
oulton1.jpg

Added Toca test track to the game. Here is a tiny car on a gigantic track :O_o:

testtrack4.jpg

Some objects and textures are still missing.

testtrack3.jpg

The track has the same visual style as Alpine climb: Not very high detail or high texture resolution, but hopefully a nice and even look.

testtrack2.jpg

Not too bad so far :)

testtrack1.jpg

Status update:

* Test track from Toca2. Works in game now, but much left to do.

* STCC 2003.
Project is proceeding nice and slowly. I have a strange idea this time to work on one of the least completed cars in the mod all the time to get some variation.
This is the main project for the moment, but it has taken a few days off from work ;)

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2). Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might to have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* GT3 Huracan - some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

* STCC2 tinytweak. Already made, just have to pack it and see that everything is there.

* Super touring mod is getting collision feelers. It seems so improve the ai awareness of other cars, and it seems to help them avoiding crashing into slower cars and cars that had accidents. Not perfect, but an important improvement as far as I can tell. All my cars will probably get those eventually.

* Making more improvements to Oulton park. Seems that I have finally found the cause of the very bad ai driving when they are of the fastline. Did some theoretical game reverse engineering and replaced the waypoints completely at cascades with my simple but useful aiw sketch program. Now the ai cars can choose different lines there and do not panic or swerve. Have also scaled down the hilltop, made lodge corner flatter and worked further and making the cascades less bumpy.

oulton4.jpg

It's not possible to see in the picture, but this Honda would be in big trouble if it was the earlier version of the track (would panic and swerve violently, probably resulting in driving of the track, spin and get hit by some other car). Now it all went well.
The track should also be more narrow. Anyone having an idea about how wide it should be? I have found 9,1m as the minimum width, but I don't know if that is for an older version or it is accurate now?

It's probably not 100% accurate but you could measure the track widths via Google maps' measuring feature. I did a quick test and found that some narrow sections should be around 9,1 m (depending of where you set the start and end points), wider sections such as the start/finish line are something between 12m and 14m. At least you could take some samples to compare. Don't know if there are any LIDAR or other more accurate data publically available, but maybe!

As you probably have noticed I do change my mind a lot. Decided to have a try to reduce the width of the track, so the first part is edited now. Still have to do some more fixing, but it seems to work well so far. Please notice the brake lockup of Moen. But there were no ai "panic", he continued without any problems :D

oulton5.jpg
oulton6.jpg
oulton7.jpg

Last edited:
Status update:

* Test track from Toca2. Works in game now, but much left to do. Fixed some aiw things lately.

* STCC 2003 (and ETCC 2002)
Project is proceeding nice and slowly. Will add collision feelers. Since there are some shared car models I might make it one combined mod, so I don't have to include many files twice.
Always prefer to only make updates to one file in one place. And that is the reason for the chosen file structure in Super Touring Seasons and BTC-T reloaded.
This is the main project for the moment .

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2). Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might to have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* GT3 Huracan - some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

* STCC2 tinytweak. Already made, just have to pack it and see that everything is there.

* BTC-T, Battle of Sweden ✓ and AL Supercars will get collision feelers.

* Super touring mod is updated with collision feelers, with improved ai to other cars awareness (as fara as I can tell)

* Super touring track pack is updated. The ai at Oulton Park should have much more control and behave much better now

Last edited:
I also had some races at the updated Oulton Park track yesterday (haven't done that much lately) and yes, this game really is great :D
Since it was a while since last time I accidentally made some not so controlled overtakes, only to be passed again by the opponent after the corner :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back