Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

From what I can see in the season 2003 the car was based on the Audi A4 B6. We have included in the STCC Game the next generation B7 - if I'm not mistaken. That means, just from the history perspective, the B7 actually was a facelift of the B6, although a pretty massive one. So don't know if the game's model does really reflect this, but probably you can use at least some parts :thumbsup:

Some more cars have got their first "draft" liveries, only 3 bmw's still have default ones. Still many details and a huge number of sponsors to add.

pict11.jpg

I guess yellow was a popular car color back in 2003

pict12.jpg

Added standard Race 07 s2000 wheels to the cars that should have them. Also added s2000 rear wings and made some adjustments from BTC-t to s2000. Still much more to do, wheel arches and front bumpers are the most important changes still left to do. I will probably not try to change everything, and I will probably let the honda car remain a rhd, because editing the wipers is not that much fun.

pict13.jpg

Last edited:
And, something else, does anyone know why GTR2 seems to be more popular these days than Race 07?
Do people prefer GT racing? For me it is a mystery, so please explain :O_o: :roflmao:
I just found it easier to mod when I first started as it didn't have encryption or the limitations with the class IDs plus the day/night cycle and generally more cars and tracks available for it. I hardly used Race07 for offline racing and when the online club races and leagues petered out I abandoned the game. The only things I liked more about Race07 were the working wipers and the ability to have compulsory stops at a click of a button.

The best thing (in my opinion) would of course be if it was possible to merge the games to one and take the best parts. :D
I only miss the animated pit crew and possibly the safety car (but have never tested it in GTR2). Day/night is nice, but not necessary for me personally.

Have been working on the Honda. Will try to finish the exterior soon and move on to Alfa Romeo livery.

pict16.jpg

Status update:

* Test track from Toca2. I need to add the track to GTR2 to make the .hat file.
Made some texture mapping lately. A nice project to work on now and then.

* STCC 2003. The main project for the moment. I have considered making this mod for a long time, but there have always been something else to do first.
I like to have some representation in the game from different eras and regulations of my most prioritized championships (btcc and stcc, simply because those were more or less available to watch when I grew up). And the start of something new, like the s2000 era in stcc 2003 and etcc 2002 is inspiring.
Project is proceeding nice and slowly. I have a strange idea this time to work on one of the least completed cars in the mod all the time to get some variation.

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2). Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might to have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* GT3 Huracan - some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

* STCC2 tinytweak. Already made, just have to pack it and see that everything is there.

When these projects are finished I have pretty much made most of the mods that I am interested in and wanted for the game.
With the test track done I don't really miss any tracks. Most tracks I know are made. Possibly Skövde or similar STCC track, but I don't think I'll make any scratch tracks.
Also the car model ID's are more and more of a problem for every new car.
Soon my cars use every possible non Simbin ID. And a lot of my cars share ID's already.

There are always more things to do, like a Ford Falcon or Nissan Altima to compete with Volvo and Holden, an updated super touring STCC or STW season, STCC 13' or '14, complete the Volvo 740 group A or update some tracks, so I will see what happens.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 336 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%