Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Really nice job with Oulton Andreas. I've just done a couple of races with the 97 Super Tourers, being Scottish I took John Cleland in the Vauxhall Vectra.
Just like the real BTCC a bit of bumping at the start but settled down after that. Second race I spent the last 6 laps trying to pass Tim Harvie and Will Hoy caught them on the last at Islands, what a good feeling and finished in the points, well point to be precise.:)
Once again many thanks for your work on the game it really is appreciated.

Had some z-buffer troubles with the materials in the SEAT cockpit, and the usual fixes in 3dsimed didn't work.
Finally fixed it by importing the models into zmodeler and replaced the materials completely.

pict28.jpg

Also made a lot of hardly visible audi updates. Thinking about if I should include the Peugeot 406. Tricky livery, and only took part in one race I think.

pict29.jpg

Got a lot of useful photos from @Markano97 :thumbsup:

Have been working on some not so spectacular things like removing tyre brands (Dunlop was the sponsor, but it doesn't look like they had their logos at the tyres?!), but also a few things that are more visible. Replaced Peugeot 406 rear wing.

pict32.jpg

Reduced Audi A4 painted shadow to match the other cars better.

pict33.jpg

This is a bigger project than I thought. There are so many little things to do.

pict34.jpg

Of course I want this project to be good and something to enjoy. My experience is that often the last polishing phase makes a big difference. But I am not there yet.

pict35.jpg

Last edited:
Of course I want this project to be good and something to enjoy. My experience is that often the last polishing phase makes a big difference. But I am not there yet.
Ever heard of the 80/20 rule? :D In 20% of the time you get 80% of a project done but the last 20% of polishing and getting things right will take 80% of the time :roflmao:
Anyway, I think you are doing it just the right way! I love to see all the details and don't mind if it will take longer to get my hands on that. So keep things coming! Like what I see and already think I will change my mind and don't take the Audi first but the Pug :cool:

Ever heard of the 80/20 rule? :D In 20% of the time you get 80% of a project done but the last 20% of polishing and getting things right will take 80% of the time :roflmao:
Anyway, I think you are doing it just the right way! I love to see all the details and don't mind if it will take longer to get my hands on that. So keep things coming! Like what I see and already think I will change my mind and don't take the Audi first but the Pug :cool:

That is exactly how it is :O_o: :D

Updated some interiors from the BTC-T cars. Ideally they should be remade, but that is a huge job. As I always say, this has to do for now.

pict39.jpg
pict38.jpg

Added a few sponsors and added reflection textures for the stcc and etcc Volvos like in the super touring mod.

pict37.jpg

Peugeot 406 got some more normals tweaking. Have learnt a few more tricks since last time to get smoother reflections. Will add the hood, roof and trunk vinyls hopefully.

pict36.jpg

Got lost in the UI editing for a while. Have tried a lot of things so far. Some progress and a lot of failures and game crashes :confused:

ui1.png

The style is as simple as possible

ui4.png

Reorganized the menu order, car first, track later, but the progression menu can probably not be changed

ui5.png

ui6.png

The style is loosely inspired by a website design that I have made for the company I work for

ui7.png

The standard UI is very much windows 7 (for obvious reasons). This is more windows 8 or 10 I think.

ui2.png

One thing I want to do is adding some more championship feel to the championships.
Had to do some workarounds. I want the title of the championship to be more visible in the menus, not just 'championship', but it is difficult to do. Seems a lot of things are hard coded in the game, so just copying gizmos doesn't give the same things at different places and in different modes.

ui3.png

I agree, this clean look really adds a lot to the game! :cool:

Seems a lot of things are hard coded in the game, so just copying gizmos doesn't give the same things at different places and in different modes.
Indeed many features are hard-coded (e.g. the breadcrumb on the top of the menus seems one of those things), but you should still be able to move or copy things onto different pages. The problem here with Race07's UI is that you have to look in so many places and copy more than just the gizmos to make sure all attributes are available (don't know a better wording to describe that). Also making new elements in the UI has some limitations. The easiest thing really is to just copy present items and reuse them within the limitations of these elements.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.