Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just for reference, Sol RC 1.2 and Shader preview 114 seem to show wet reflections on a dry track (see pic). However 1.2RC and 74 it doesn't. Not sure what causes it. Only Silverstone tested. In the meantime 1.2RC and 74 work superbly.
20190514095545_1.jpg

Hi guys, having used Sol for months and it worked fine, now I reinstalled it(newer versions): Sol 1.1.1. and 0.1.25-preview49 but both give black horizons now(in cockpit view). What to do?

Thanks
Cheers
Robin

Why are people installing old preview versions like 49 when there are already newer versions available? I don't understand. Don't expect support for old versions. Update to the newest one and try again.

Better to copy manually the 4 folders inside the zip MODS/Sol to AC root folder...

Thanks but that didn't work either....
I watched this video and did it step by step, but @ 5:18 assetto corsa apps, I don't have those apps at all.....(?)
Shaders Extension Debug
Shaders Extension Mirrors
ACC Ext Rain
Shaders Extension Weather FX

I don't have a clue....

Cheers
Robin

Without those 4 apps I have the clouds back(only SOL installed, no Shaders) but I see when at speed the tarmac is getting like 'wet' or icey visually:
3026ufr.jpg
3026ufr.jpg

EDIT I see how I can change that effect sorry:)

Cheers
Robin

Last edited:
Yes it is.

Cheers
Robin
there is a new feature in shader patch. You instaled the latest one 112 or 114? it creates a wet look out of some data if its not set in Sol. With the next RC version of Sol it will be integrated.

About the apps. There must be an entry:
[PYTHON]
ENABLE_PYTHON=1

in your \Users\xxxxxx\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\gameplay.ini

Where are SOL settings stored? Such as when I want to disable the mod via JSGME/CM but keep all my settings intact and back them up as well. Headlights distance, night brightness, ... those kind of SOL apps settings.

Shader patch settings are in extension folder of user config.

How to change amount of air haze/fog during clear days etc.? Stock AC looks different and to me better than the reduced fog of SOL.

The default SOL PPfilter and it's LUA is still set to crush/compress blacks and whites, blow out whites, with high contrast through mid tones. Bad tonemapping function (the default func. Kunos uses too...) and too high Auto Exposure. Unfortunate. SOL AE also does not use AC's AE parameters but mistakenly static exposure parameters, which is mentioned in one of the manuals, thought this will get fixed.

How to make custom weather selection list such as in the SOL ingame app and have it actually transition? For me it stops on first weather from a list and Change Transition parameter never goes from 0.000 no matter how fast time moves or is advanced manually. The times set for weathers are <10min so it should go fast through them, longer didn't work either.

A selected preset such as clear or noclouds vs premade plan with the same weather differ in saturation and peak brightness, the weather from plan looks more saturated and clips whites more, does not look correct to me. If anything at least they should be the same no? (Beside cloud relocation, the clouds are not causing it either, tried many times now, it's consistent.) Exposures are stable.

shmafoozius: Because 49 is the latest release version.

Last edited:
there is a new feature in shader patch. You instaled the latest one 112 or 114? it creates a wet look out of some data if its not set in Sol. With the next RC version of Sol it will be integrated.

About the apps. There must be an entry:
[PYTHON]
ENABLE_PYTHON=1

in your \Users\xxxxxx\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\gameplay.ini

I was using version 114, now back to 45(the reccomende one) but if I'm enabling that one(Shaders) I still get the blackened horizon. Now only using Sol and the 'wetlook' tarmac is gone strangely(but ok) .

PYTHON was already=1.

Resumée: I have my clouds back.

But I don't understand why I don't have those four apps?

Cheers
Robin

I used Shaders 114 enabled it, got a black horizon, disabled it and just Sol enabled got me that look. Dunno:) Now back to Shaders 45 and it's gone in Sol.

Cheers
Robin
You need at least Shader patch 49 to run SOL 1.1.1
Just install Sol manually. It's the safest way to install Sol. It runs very good with Shader Patch 114.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 423 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 125 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.5%
Back