Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi all, I'm stuck at a very early phase of the installation. I have Content Manager Pro, I have successfully installed Shaders Patch preview49, but when I go to install Sol_1_1_1.zip, nothing happens. I mean, I see the content of the zip in the AC root folder (in the mods folder), but nothing shows up on Content Manager. There is no Sol filter, nor I can see the apps. What went wrong?

This pdf is now a download apart and I think that is now necessary as this pdf is now in different languages.
The more a mod and its install gets full of details or gets complicated and the more difficult it may be to understand exactly what to do if english is not your native language.
For this reason, it's surely a good idea to have translated instructions and separate downloads so that everyone may choose the best for himself. ;)

Alright thanks. This was missing in the guide pdf. I suggest it could be useful to add it.
Normaly its not needed. But sometimes the content is just copied to the MODS folder and not activated because a conflict. IMO the manual installation is still the safest one, but most of the people prefer install via CM.

manual install:
1. Open the Sol zip.
2. Go into the folder /MODS/Sol
3. Copy all folders to AC root folder
4. Confirm overwriting existing files

That's right, I think his issue was that he hadn't activated the mod in Content Manager.

That's it. Before figuring that activation out, though, I had thought of manually installing the mod by moving its content to the AC root folder. And that solved the issue. But it wasn't said anywhere on the guide and I'm brand new to CM.

Hi Peter,

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Quick question: When I load a new session the weather plan automatically defaults to clear-ish quickly followed by rain. Is there a simple way to have the weather condition stay as I requested on the Content Manager 'drive' screen? I have been through all the on screen and setup based options and can't find anything obvious.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Peter,

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Quick question: When I load a new session the weather plan automatically defaults to clear-ish quickly followed by rain. Is there a simple way to have the weather condition stay as I requested on the Content Manager 'drive' screen? I have been through all the on screen and setup based options and can't find anything obvious.

Thanks,

Ben
I've run into the same problem many times going between versions. For me it "usually" gets fixed by opening SOL WEATHER APP (I believe that is what it is called) inside of the game and making sure that the "use dynamic weather" is unchecked because it loads the default weather plan.

I've run into the same problem many times going between versions. For me it "usually" gets fixed by opening SOL WEATHER APP (I believe that is what it is called) inside of the game and making sure that the "use dynamic weather" is unchecked because it loads the default weather plan.

I do that too. Was looking for a way to stop it happening before the session starts.

A couple of my housemates often use my PC and they wouldn't know how to open up the in race menus and start poking around.

I do that too. Was looking for a way to stop it happening before the session starts.

A couple of my housemates often use my PC and they wouldn't know how to open up the in race menus and start poking around.

Just deactivate the forced weather and disable the weather plan in the ingame Sol_weather app, in the weather plan window.

On I think page 6 of the SOL app, I found that when I untick use track.ini for light pollution values (or something like that) I get quite a nice performance boost on some tracks. Lemans 2017 particularly, runs a lot better.

Well Ive managed to get this all loaded and working and its just fantastic, thank you for all the hard work.

Just one query. I notice there is an app to allow adjustment of the mirrors. I can get as far as
AC>Video>mirror resolution but then when I go to AC>Apps the Shaders Extension Mirror app isn't there to click

In Custom Shader Patch settings I can find Smart Mirror so Ive ticked all the necessary in there

Ive also gone into my AC folder Extensions>Configs etc and changed the smart mirror Enable =1

Any help appreciated

It worked great, until i updated dynamic lighting. Now it chrashes ac when the weather is set to anything but no clouds. Python is set activated in gameplay.ini. please help

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.