Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
It happened for me as well with the beta.
Follow exactly this steps:
Do an INTEGRITY CHECK from steam
roll back the shader patch to Preview 46
Install SOL 1.0 following instruction manual
You'll get the game functioning again.
Wait for some more problem solving solutions about the "bland sky" problem.
Most problems occur when the dwrite.dll is not deleted before the installation.

I keep having a weird issue. I set the included pp-filter in the CM video options as the filter to use, however in game it usually changes it to the S1-Showroom filter I have also installed and I need to manually set the desired filter in-game. This doesn't always happen, but most times. It's an issue I've always had, even back with the first GBW versions and now with Sol as well.

I suspect it's the naming with the two underscores not working well with some setting I use on my system, because when I changed the name of the filter from (example) "__gbw" to just "gbw", the issue never occured again, but I also never read anything about it, so I guess it's just me.

My question is, is something dependent on the pp-filter being named "__Sol", or can I change the name without breaking something in Sol v1.1? It seemed to be OK in v1.0, but in retrospect I'm not certain.

doesn't the installation overwrite the dwrite.dll?

IMG_20190328_160800.jpg
IMG_20190328_160800.jpg

I keep having a weird issue. I set the included pp-filter in the CM video options as the filter to use, however in game it usually changes it to the S1-Showroom filter I have also installed and I need to manually set the desired filter in-game. This doesn't always happen, but most times. It's an issue I've always had, even back with the first GBW versions and now with Sol as well.

I suspect it's the naming with the two underscores not working well with some setting I use on my system, because when I changed the name of the filter from (example) "__gbw" to just "gbw", the issue never occured again, but I also never read anything about it, so I guess it's just me.

My question is, is something dependent on the pp-filter being named "__Sol", or can I change the name without breaking something in Sol v1.1? It seemed to be OK in v1.0, but in retrospect I'm not certain.
If you rename it to Sol.ini, then please go in the folder /system/cfg/ppfilter/sol_custom_configs/ and rename the __Sol.lua also!

I have removed Sol from MOD and deleted but in Assetto Corsa > Apps I still have Sol Config, Sol Plan Selector and Sol Weather. Any idea on how to remove them?

I have followed the manual (1.1) but I get errors in game, so unfortunately I'll remove it for now.

upload_2019-3-28_16-52-8.png

Apart from the game locking up completely when exiting after a lap of Imola where I had to sign out of Windows to get the computer to do anything, I have to say that I'm really, really happy with Sol 1.1. All the VAO patches look to have made some difference and I can get my FPS into triple figures on some tracks. Nice one Peter!

Hey, i need help. Whats this and how to get this out of the game? XD

Attachments

• 20190328173041_1.jpg
    20190328173041_1.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 20190328173052_1.jpg
    20190328173052_1.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 120
If anyone else is having the problem with blank sky, try changing shaders patch to something different than preview 49. Preview 74 fixed it for me.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%