Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Using Sol 2.1 with csp 0.1.71 and it seems to be working ok.

A couple of small issues though. In atmospheric weather like Fog I see black lines flicker rapidly on the track tarmac.

Also, if I change the weather on track with the weather app then later quit and load a different session (different car/track) my weather choice in CM menu is ignored, the weather previously chosen on track with app is loaded instead.

Last edited:
You have to un-check the Box in the Sol App- then the weather selected in CM will load.
Anything chosen on Track will remain selected, basically overwriting the choice in CM's Menu.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can download old SOL versions. I am looking for SOL 1.6 or 1.5 , because in combination with CSP 1.62 it has the possibility to make raindrops on the windscreen.
I understand that this feature in SOL 2.0 is still under construction, and not yet
available ?!?

Updated to the latest SOL. Have lost considerable FPS in VR. Build - 9 5900x, Rtx3080. Previously getting 80-90 depending on sim conditions - max everything. Now struggling to get 60. Any news on future optimization.. or is this it and i'll need to down grade some settings?

There are four buttons on the Sol Config App - Low, Default, High and Ultra. Select 'Default' to set the cloud render mode to better performance. These modes have no other bearing other than the cloud mode.

I saw a 10 fps improvement selecting the 'Default' spec. setting.

is there any sort of template to get a screenshot from, with a specific camera angle etc. ?

Could be useful to compare what the game is supposed to look like with the correct settings versus what someone has on their screen.
an easy check if one did everything right :p

true that.
The guide has few screenshots, but they seem to be taken from custom camera tho

it's probably a useful CSP feature as well, since there's so many things going on
having as sort of "benchmark"-screenshot with lot if not all the features on screen to see what's working or not etc.

Updated to the latest SOL. Have lost considerable FPS in VR. Build - 9 5900x, Rtx3080. Previously getting 80-90 depending on sim conditions - max everything. Now struggling to get 60. Any news on future optimization.. or is this it and i'll need to down grade some settings?
It depends mainly which CSP version you use. There were some ups and downs with fps throught the versions from CSP 1.68 to 1.71...

How i Can fix this prolem with the grass?
Screenshot_asr_2020_one_melbourne_2019_13-0-121-14-52-36.jpg

ehm can anybody help me? I updated csp and sol (to 0.1.71 and 2.0.1 respectively) and for some reason seasons dont change when I move the date, I change months on the wheater app but it still looks like summer on all the tracks, I dont really know what to do

Wondering if anyone would have any ideas as to why when I change something in the Sol_Config app and then reset back to defaults, it changes in the game but then when I leave the game and go back, it is still using my changed numbers? Here's the kicker though. In the Sol_Config app it has all of the default numbers, but it's using my custom numbers so I don't know where it's pulling those from. Only way I can get everything back to normal is to uninstall and reinstall.

I've tried it with 'Save and load custom values from .ini' enabled and disabled and it still does the same thing. Can't figure it out and it makes it hard to tweak things because I keep having to uninstall and reinstall anytime I make a change.

Wondering if anyone would have any ideas as to why when I change something in the Sol_Config app and then reset back to defaults, it changes in the game but then when I leave the game and go back, it is still using my changed numbers? Here's the kicker though. In the Sol_Config app it has all of the default numbers, but it's using my custom numbers so I don't know where it's pulling those from. Only way I can get everything back to normal is to uninstall and reinstall.

I've tried it with 'Save and load custom values from .ini' enabled and disabled and it still does the same thing. Can't figure it out and it makes it hard to tweak things because I keep having to uninstall and reinstall anytime I make a change.
This all will be reworked atm. There will be a complete different way of working. If this is ready, you will also see, that a ppfilter/custom config is changing the values.
With the new integration of "sol config manager" there is a real ini where all values are stored. Those ini is edited if parameters are missing. So it uses your own values with Sol updates (without reseting it) and it will keep them up to date if there are missing.
Also there is a much safer handling with older ppfilters and accesses of sol parameters.

in the current release, if "Save and load custom values from .ini" is deactivated, it should only use the values of the internal sol_config.
But if you use a ppfilter/custom config, then the paramters you do in that custom config, sure those ones will be overwritten...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.6%