So, Who's Looking Forward to VR Coming to ACC?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update.jpg

Only 17 days to go until the new build release of Assetto Corsa Competizione, and with release 2 comes VR.... so who's excited then?

VR, or Virtual Reality, is a relatively new and increasingly popular gaming technology where a player who uses one of the various VR headsets can experience their title of choice in a more immersive three dimensional environment, placing the gamer in the car rather than watching on from a flat 2D screen as has traditionally been the case in game consumption up to this point.

Obviously an ability to feel more at one with the car as is the case with VR is a significant advantage in the quest for sim racing immersion, and as such recent months have seen an increasingly large and vocal section of our community extolling the virtues of this technological breakthrough in modern sim racing.

Now with Assetto Corsa Competizione publicly available and on the road to a fully complete release by the first quarter of 2019, it is getting ever closer to the build update that brings VR to the title, something that I'm pretty sure a fair collection of people here at RD are excited to try out for the first time.

Not only does build two come with VR compatibility for the first time, but also players will be granted access to the Bentley Continental GT3 (old version, new spec coming at V1.00) and the Misano World Circuit, plus further updates to the game itself that include new feature implementation of a "basic" pit stop, SuperPole and various ranking improvements. All very exciting stuff.

So with ACC having been out a little while now and with big updates in the works, the question is - are you excited for build 2 this October 10th?

You can check out the current release roadmap and pricing schedules HERE.
Our early pre release first impressions 'Talk n Drive' video can be viewed HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione (build 1) is available to purchase on Steam Early Access now.

Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 5.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting new sim from the makers of the hit Assetto Corsa title. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

So then, looking forward to ACC going VR, plus the new Bentley and Misano in just 17 days time? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I can't understand people moaning about the performance needed for VR. It's really not that resource-heavy as everybody tries to make it. We are not in 2015 anymore. Everybody who can afford propper sim racing gear (probably >90% of all sim racers) can also afford the PC to run VR with no problems. By now my 1080 is really not top of the ballpark anymore, but it could still run the Pimax 5k in AC/Pcars2.
Moaning? You have to step up from 60 to 90 fps and make image rendered twice, once per eye.
Guess you didn't have to drop any settings in AC and can still run at max in VR full grid at 90fps using your secret alien technology tech. :roflmao:

I can't understand people moaning about the performance needed for VR. It's really not that resource-heavy as everybody tries to make it. We are not in 2015 anymore. Everybody who can afford propper sim racing gear (probably >90% of all sim racers) can also afford the PC to run VR with no problems. By now my 1080 is really not top of the ballpark anymore, but it could still run the Pimax 5k in AC/Pcars2.

most vr users don't understand that its cpu intensive, they crank all the settings up not realising vr needs more cpu and then claim that you need 1080ti's to run vr, for example my 1070 in iracing only uses 60% to get 90fps

Not only am I waiting for VR, I'm also waiting for triple screen support, since I use TrackIR for head tracking... I'm hoping, just like Project Cars 2, if i tell the game I have VR, then the tracking should also work.

• Deleted member 197115

most vr users don't understand that its cpu intensive, they crank all the settings up not realising vr needs more cpu and then claim that you need 1080ti's to run vr, for example my 1070 in iracing only uses 60% to get 90fps
QFT, CPU is always the first to give up, esp. with single threaded rendering apps like AC.
45% MAIN-T load on AC flat screen becomes 95% in VR.

I have enjoyed playing some recently ignored pancake games. Automobalista, included. Looking forward to VR, but then the 2D games will not get a look in again.

I have also enjoyed being liberated from the tyranny of choice of car and track.

since the first time that I tested the vr with the live, same automobilista and the simu not vr I boiquotte as you should boiquotter the simu without three screen, oh he is in 2018 i boiquot F1 2018 because is no VR **** you codemaster dirt rallies is not vr it's finish with me

Not only am I waiting for VR, I'm also waiting for triple screen support, since I use TrackIR for head tracking... I'm hoping, just like Project Cars 2, if i tell the game I have VR, then the tracking should also work.

I copied and pasted the following from the iracing form.

Marco stated yesterday that they still investigating 3 screen support as unreal engine does not support it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...104#comment_form_1651916137_10212170238725151

Marco Massarutto
Hope so, still under investigation (UE4)
Like · React · Report · Yesterday at 7:41 PM

Let´s see how this unfolds but I won´t expect 3 screen support for the next months...

since the first time that I tested the vr with the live, same automobilista and the simu not vr I boiquotte as you should boiquotter the simu without three screen, oh he is in 2018 i boiquot F1 2018 because is no VR **** you codemaster dirt rallies is not vr it's finish with me
Google translate has failed miserably :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back