So, Who's Looking Forward to VR Coming to ACC?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update.jpg

Only 17 days to go until the new build release of Assetto Corsa Competizione, and with release 2 comes VR.... so who's excited then?

VR, or Virtual Reality, is a relatively new and increasingly popular gaming technology where a player who uses one of the various VR headsets can experience their title of choice in a more immersive three dimensional environment, placing the gamer in the car rather than watching on from a flat 2D screen as has traditionally been the case in game consumption up to this point.

Obviously an ability to feel more at one with the car as is the case with VR is a significant advantage in the quest for sim racing immersion, and as such recent months have seen an increasingly large and vocal section of our community extolling the virtues of this technological breakthrough in modern sim racing.

Now with Assetto Corsa Competizione publicly available and on the road to a fully complete release by the first quarter of 2019, it is getting ever closer to the build update that brings VR to the title, something that I'm pretty sure a fair collection of people here at RD are excited to try out for the first time.

Not only does build two come with VR compatibility for the first time, but also players will be granted access to the Bentley Continental GT3 (old version, new spec coming at V1.00) and the Misano World Circuit, plus further updates to the game itself that include new feature implementation of a "basic" pit stop, SuperPole and various ranking improvements. All very exciting stuff.

So with ACC having been out a little while now and with big updates in the works, the question is - are you excited for build 2 this October 10th?

You can check out the current release roadmap and pricing schedules HERE.
Our early pre release first impressions 'Talk n Drive' video can be viewed HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione (build 1) is available to purchase on Steam Early Access now.

Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 5.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting new sim from the makers of the hit Assetto Corsa title. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

So then, looking forward to ACC going VR, plus the new Bentley and Misano in just 17 days time? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
No I am not excited about the update. I think the game is perfect as it is in the first build. All the constant updates and additional content is rally annoying and unnessesary. Just keep it to the one car one track, and No more options.:whistling:

I am not interested, even if I am convinced that VR is probably the future of simracing.
But we are living in the present, and I am personally not ready to wear such a big helmet and move my head in all direction like a doom.
Everytime I have the opportunity to see people wearing such helmet, I can not resist to laugh seing them moving all around.

I am not ready. Let's wait in some years when the helemt will become glasses, and the PC will be a lot more powerful as now.

• Deleted member 197115

Yes i can run with a full grid online, every setting maxed out and huge supersampling just fine...oh boy :rolleyes:
Can you please post your full spec, HMD, and graphics settings in AC and SteamVR or Oculus, whatever you use, size of the gird as well. Thx.
Really want to know what secret sauce you use
Hope we are not talking about going into ASW, or reprojection most of the times.

I'd rather would have had a feature that would have benefit all racers instead of the tiny group who are using VR.
Sim racing has a niche enough following as it is.
Therefore it would be wise to offer VR (I know it's coming next month) and Triple support by release date at minimum.
I'm using a single monitor btw but even I can see the benefit of catering to ALL sim racers and I'm willing to wait a little while if it means getting these players on board.
After all it's important, to us all, that this sim is a success and not catering for vr and triples, can not be considered good for the future of this sim :)

I am not interested, even if I am convinced that VR is probably the future of simracing.
But we are living in the present, and I am personally not ready to wear such a big helmet and move my head in all direction like a doom.
Everytime I have the opportunity to see people wearing such helmet, I can not resist to laugh seing them moving all around.

I am not ready. Let's wait in some years when the helemt will become glasses, and the PC will be a lot more powerful as now.

I understand you, I can't wait to see VR simracing in the future. Luckily not everybody waits or we'd be going nowhere with VR :p

I had to make a choice recently, and I have decided to go for a 21:9 monitor, which is a nice compromise against 3 screens.
I can personally not go with the 3 screens option, not at all compatible with other family aspects.
For a total immersion, I will probably go VR in the future, but not at the moment.

Does anybody know why my image is so blurry, especially in the horizon and no matter the graphics settings? Antialiasing and AA Type they are set on "EPIC" and FXAA (also tried temporal - temporal looks a liiitle bit better)

1920x1080 Fullscreen.

Everybody who is moaning about the fact that they should first update other things doesn't have vr glasses. It's really that simple. The difference is as big as driving on a small black and white screen compared to three high end projectors, no bigger. Yes bigger!
I seriously can't understand there are still people skeptical about vr for simracing. The resolution is not there yet, but the immersion is way better nonetheless.
More importantly it's so much easier to drive, i learn tracks way faster in vr and i am definitely more consistent from the get go. Like many stated before who own vr glasses, it's really hard to drive now on triple screens. I love absolutely love automobilista but i don't play it because there is no vr support.
So yes i am happy kunos and his team understand how important vr already became.

@Dirk Steffen
Can I ask why you rate my post with a disagree, while you are now writing basicly the same thoughts ?
I mentioned this unfortunate microscopic button situation a few times to staff around here.
It is simply a case of sausage fingers, a mobile phone screen and a non-updating webpage to intent one thing and get an entire other thing - the little buttons suck.

I would have faith in VR development if there were more developers. Right now HTC is the only serious developer after the Occulus - FB debacle. And HTC does not have the strongest financial position. I was surprised they released the Pro version.
If VR is a open market with lots of money i would have expected Nvidia and or AMD to jump right in. More developers means faster, newer, innovated tech. In the end VR will always have the problem about rendering two screens and the necessary power. The RTX 2080ti will cost about 1400 euro's...

I would have faith in VR development if there were more developers. Right now HTC is the only serious developer after the Occulus - FB debacle. And HTC does not have the strongest financial position. I was surprised they released the Pro version.
If VR is a open market with lots of money i would have expected Nvidia and or AMD to jump right in. More developers means faster, newer, innovated tech. In the end VR will always have the problem about rendering two screens and the necessary power. The RTX 2080ti will cost about 1400 euro's...

You obviously don't follow the VR development.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 63 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.6%