RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

SLI-Pro and SLI-F1 plugin for SimHub

In case it's of use to anyone else, I knocked up a quick plugin for SimHub to interface to a SLI-Pro and SLI-F1 boards. I've never been sufficiently intelligent to understand the SLIMaxManager UI and have had some issues with Fanaleds, hence the plugin. Plus it fills in a few things with PersistentDataTracker that are missing in AMS2 (and PC[2], I guess) like deltas, which is handy.

Bug reports or features best on github if possible!

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch man it's up and running here! :D I would love to be able to set fixed data on left and right fields without the need for a rotary, since I don't have any connected to it

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch man it's up and running here! :D I would love to be able to set fixed data on left and right fields without the need for a rotary, since I don't have any connected to it
Sure, should be easy enough. It's a start on #1 on the todo list anyway ... "Make everything configurable." :)

Any chance this can be adapted to support the SLI-F1? Not sure how similar they actually are.
Dunno, but probably quite similar. I did put it on the list but unlike the SLI-PRO, I can't find anything on the Bodnar website documenting the USB message formats. Sadly I don't have one to sniff around with wireshark and figure it out the old fashioned way, though maybe they'll oblige with the info after a friendly email...

OK there's a new version that has some dropdowns in the UI to set the segment display modes. I'll probably add support for buttons to cycle through them too at some point.

Cheers

This version has the ability to assign buttons to control the displays.

@Ian Watkins I'll try and ping Bodnar Electronics sometime soonish and see if they can help with the F1. If no luck, I could guess if you're happy to try it out :confused: (I would need the USB ProductId though; easy enough to get at if you don't know how!).

Cheers

OK sounds good, but no need yet - they may just give me the info!

Turns out they are jolly nice folks and gave me more than the info (OK, lent...)! Give me a week or two and hopefully I'll have something hacked up. Probably a separate plugin for a first cut and I'll merge them together at some point.

Cheers

IMG_20201112_135138302-small.jpg

BTW @Ian Watkins, do you know which firmware version you are using (1.12, 1.13 or 1.15)? I'll work on whichever one you have first as there are small differences between them that will need support...

Cheers

@lukester1975 that's great. I'm on 1.15.

Thanks for your efforts.
No problem, it keeps me off the streets. At least I think that's what's doing it, though maybe there's some other reason.

We have a heartbeat!

IMG_20201115_195739911.jpg

Do you use rotary switches to control the left/right segment displays, or just up/down buttons (or rotary encoders doing the same)? Haven't figured out the rotary switches yet, though I think I have one I took out my wheel so should be able to figure them out. Buttons/encoder should just work.

Cheers

OK. Couldn't find a spare rotary switch but a pot did the job to figure things out, so hopefully have something to try later in the week or at the weekend.

Cheers

Here you go, SLI-F1 plugin: https://github.com/simelation/simhub-plugins/packages/512134

Functionality wise it's the same as the SLI-Pro, which has some new bits in latest build:

* added a peek current segment display mode name function assignable to a button.
* added external LED support.
* added feedback dialogs for rotary detection process.
* show device status in UI.

I'll merge them in to one plugin sometime soon and start with more customisation of on-board LEDs etc.

Feedback/bugs welcome!

Cheers

RIghto, I merged the two plugins. New version is here: https://github.com/simelation/simhub-plugins/packages/534382

Plus a bunch of other stuff:
  • Multiple device support (per-device config keyed by device serial number).
  • Editable pit lane RPM LED animation.
  • Added ability to assign a control to peek any segment mode.
  • Status LEDs can now be edited.
  • Status and external LEDs support ncalc expressions (direct property binding removed; javascript not working yet).
In terms of configuration, probably just the segment displays to do but that will take a while, even if I start it...

Anyone upgrading to this version should delete the old SliPro / SliF1 plugin dlls from the SimHub install directory.

Cheers

Last edited:
New version 0.7.0 up. All status / external LEDs will now work again.

Cheers

Bug Fixes

• simhub-sli-plugin: was always setting LED index 0 for status and external LEDs. (2c54ccc)
Features

• simhub-sli-plugin: added support for mapping rotary switches to vJoy devices. (a476b44)
  • simhub-sli-plugin: use FormulaPicker for LEDs. Javascript now works. (d54318d)