SLI-Pro and SLI-F1 plugin for SimHub

lukester1975

50RPM
May 9, 2011
In case it's of use to anyone else, I knocked up a quick plugin (pointless demo video) for SimHub to interface to an SLI-Pro board. I've never been sufficiently intelligent to understand the SLIMaxManager UI and have had some issues with Fanaleds, hence the plugin. Plus it fills in a few things with PersistentDataTracker that are missing in AMS2 (and PC[2], I guess) like deltas, which is handy.

At this point it's not very configurable as I just made it do what I want, but I may work on it in time but the code is there for people to hack to their own requirements!

An SLI-F1 version is here though the two will be merged in to one at some point.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: SOLO59
Nov 18, 2009
Thanks a bunch man it's up and running here! :D I would love to be able to set fixed data on left and right fields without the need for a rotary, since I don't have any connected to it

Last edited:

SOLO59

500RPM
Premium
Dec 15, 2011
This is really kool!!! Might have to look into this! Really great find bro :thumbsup:

lukester1975

50RPM
May 9, 2011
Thanks a bunch man it's up and running here! :D I would love to be able to set fixed data on left and right fields without the need for a rotary, since I don't have any connected to it
Sure, should be easy enough. It's a start on #1 on the todo list anyway ... "Make everything configurable." :)

lukester1975

50RPM
May 9, 2011
Any chance this can be adapted to support the SLI-F1? Not sure how similar they actually are.
Dunno, but probably quite similar. I did put it on the list but unlike the SLI-PRO, I can't find anything on the Bodnar website documenting the USB message formats. Sadly I don't have one to sniff around with wireshark and figure it out the old fashioned way, though maybe they'll oblige with the info after a friendly email...

lukester1975

50RPM
May 9, 2011
OK there's a new version that has some dropdowns in the UI to set the segment display modes. I'll probably add support for buttons to cycle through them too at some point.

Cheers

lukester1975

50RPM
May 9, 2011
This version has the ability to assign buttons to control the displays.

@Ian Watkins I'll try and ping Bodnar Electronics sometime soonish and see if they can help with the F1. If no luck, I could guess if you're happy to try it out :confused: (I would need the USB ProductId though; easy enough to get at if you don't know how!).

Cheers

lukester1975

50RPM
May 9, 2011
OK sounds good, but no need yet - they may just give me the info!
Turns out they are jolly nice folks and gave me more than the info (OK, lent...)! Give me a week or two and hopefully I'll have something hacked up. Probably a separate plugin for a first cut and I'll merge them together at some point.

Cheers

IMG_20201112_135138302-small.jpg

lukester1975

50RPM
May 9, 2011
BTW @Ian Watkins, do you know which firmware version you are using (1.12, 1.13 or 1.15)? I'll work on whichever one you have first as there are small differences between them that will need support...

Cheers

lukester1975

50RPM
May 9, 2011
@lukester1975 that's great. I'm on 1.15.

Thanks for your efforts.
No problem, it keeps me off the streets. At least I think that's what's doing it, though maybe there's some other reason.

We have a heartbeat!

IMG_20201115_195739911.jpg

Do you use rotary switches to control the left/right segment displays, or just up/down buttons (or rotary encoders doing the same)? Haven't figured out the rotary switches yet, though I think I have one I took out my wheel so should be able to figure them out. Buttons/encoder should just work.

Cheers

Ian Watkins

25RPM
Premium
Dec 12, 2009
I have 3 rotary switches. At the moment they're being used in fanaleds as one for each display and one for brightness.

lukester1975

50RPM
May 9, 2011
OK. Couldn't find a spare rotary switch but a pot did the job to figure things out, so hopefully have something to try later in the week or at the weekend.

Cheers

Reactions: Ian Watkins

lukester1975

50RPM
May 9, 2011
Here you go, SLI-F1 plugin: https://github.com/simelation/simhub-plugins/packages/512134

Functionality wise it's the same as the SLI-Pro, which has some new bits in latest build:

* added a peek current segment display mode name function assignable to a button.
* added external LED support.
* added feedback dialogs for rotary detection process.
* show device status in UI.

I'll merge them in to one plugin sometime soon and start with more customisation of on-board LEDs etc.

Feedback/bugs welcome!

Cheers