SLI-Pro and SLI-F1 plugin for SimHub

In case it's of use to anyone else, I knocked up a quick plugin for SimHub to interface to a SLI-Pro and SLI-F1 boards. I've never been sufficiently intelligent to understand the SLIMaxManager UI and have had some issues with Fanaleds, hence the plugin. Plus it fills in a few things with PersistentDataTracker that are missing in AMS2 (and PC[2], I guess) like deltas, which is handy.

Bug reports or features best on github if possible!

Cheers

Last edited:
I've just read elsewhere that iRacing now supports ABS telemetry data. RomainRob was suggesting to someone that the "built in ABS Active effect" in SimHub will now work with it. If this is correct, is it something that can be added to the flags?

EDIT - Ignore the above, I can see that it's an option already now that I've updated Simhub. Tested it out but it's quite useless. The ABS telemetry from iRacing is only active when you completely lock up on braking or brake on grass/gravel. Not really what I was hoping for.

I'm guessing you've moved on to other projects, but if you find chance to add speed to the right hand display it would be hugely appreciated :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate the efforts you've made here :)
No problem, glad it's working for you!

BTW, any SimHub flag like property should be assignable to an LED. The plugin's not doing anything fancy there, just using the SimHub provided UI. "ABSActive" should be assigned to the first LED on the right bank of status LEDs by default. Doesn't help with what IRacing telemetry is outputting though, obviously :)

Upvote 0
Hi @lukester1975

Great plugin! I've got a couple of SLI-Pro boards and this plugin makes life so much easier. Quick question, is it possible to change when the shift lights start coming on? At the moment they seem to do the full rev range, so they're on pretty much constantly. It would be great to be able to change them so they start only from say 60% of the max rev range. Is that possible?

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Hi @lukester1975

Great plugin! I've got a couple of SLI-Pro boards and this plugin makes life so much easier. Quick question, is it possible to change when the shift lights start coming on? At the moment they seem to do the full rev range, so they're on pretty much constantly. It would be great to be able to change them so they start only from say 60% of the max rev range. Is that possible?

Cheers!
Glad it's working for you!

Yes indeed. I reused the existing SimHub settings for the minimum threshold; Car Settings -> Minimum displayed RPM. Some more info in the readme: https://github.com/simelation/simhu...packages/simhub-sli-plugin/README.md#rpm-leds

HTH

Upvote 0
Hi guys, just got a SLI-PRO cheaply used for 40 Euros and figured I would try this plugin out. I have a bunch of things in mind which would be fantastic to have:

- The "in pit lane animation" seems a bit weird. Would we be able to change it to display the animation when the limiter is on?
- Being able to change the revled pattern from "one at a time" to a block-wise pattern would be great (as you've used FanaLeds yourself you probably know what I mean :) )
- Change the brightness up and down with a rotary encoder

Looking forward to see further development on this. And will also check out the code - but I am a software tester by trade, not sure how good my C# automation coding skills transfer over to the plugin. :D

Upvote 0
Hi guys, just got a SLI-PRO cheaply used for 40 Euros and figured I would try this plugin out. I have a bunch of things in mind which would be fantastic to have:

- The "in pit lane animation" seems a bit weird. Would we be able to change it to display the animation when the limiter is on?
- Being able to change the revled pattern from "one at a time" to a block-wise pattern would be great (as you've used FanaLeds yourself you probably know what I mean :) )
- Change the brightness up and down with a rotary encoder

Looking forward to see further development on this. And will also check out the code - but I am a software tester by trade, not sure how good my C# automation coding skills transfer over to the plugin. :D
Yeah, a pit limiter animation would be really cool. All the simhub things I've looked at seem to have in pit lane rather than pit limiter on/off, so maybe it's a data sharing issue with the sims not outputting data for it? (I pretty much just play AMS2 these days).

Upvote 0
Shouldn't be too much of a problem to only do the animation when the limiter is active vs. in pit (optionally). Also, bizarrely enough r.e. AMS2, noticed when updating SimHub earlier:
Pit limiter status is now extracted from PC1/2/3 and AMS2

Blocked LEDs - yeah I guess so. Probably needs to rely on the existing SimHub ui to define those to avoid reinventing the wheel (pun intended?). I'll pop it on my list!

Rotary controller to control brightness - sure, added to the list too. That might take a bit of thought as so far I've no had to read those in the plugin.

Not sure when I'll get to them though!

Upvote 0
hi @lukester1975 - can you post how it should look and what i need to do, sorry can't figure out what to do next?
i got it to work in simhub, but sort of not sure what to do on these pages. thank you for your help.

what do i need to do here?
Capture.JPG

not understanding the "click to configure"
Capture2.JPG

Upvote 0
Hello Peter

Does the section in the readme help? You've basically got the choice of controlling the segment displays with a rotary switch, in which case hit the "learn" button and change the rotary switch's position. Or by assigning separate buttons (connected to the sli) for next/previous display (and those "buttons" could be a rotary encoder), in which case hit the "click to configure" for "next" and press the button (or move encoder in the direction) you want to show the next display. Then repeat for previous.

The "peek" options are so you can assign a button that will show the value of that display whilst the button is pressed, then return to the current display when released.

HTH

Upvote 0
Hey @lukester1975 , thank you very much for creating this plugin, it is very much appreciated. I have edited the default status LED config via editing 'SliPluginDeviceDescriptor.cs' and although I can build the project okay I am lacking something called 'InputManager'. I'd be grateful if you could shed a little light on where to find this component? Many thanks for any and all help...

P.S. Visual Studio tells me that..."'StatusDataBase.CarSettings_MinimumShownRPM' is obsolete". This seems to no longer be present in SimHub 7.4.16.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just had a quick look and seems like quite a few changes in SimHub. I've just removed the InputManager reference on githib master, as the assembly seems to be gone. Not had chance to try it though, other than it builds and runs up in the debugger.

Thanks for the heads up on the obsolete property. Looks like I'll have to find something else!

Presumably the last version I released didn't run for you due to the InputManager change? Just mentionining it as you should be able to edit the LEDs in the ui. Or was that broken too? I'll try to find a bit more time to fix the bitrot.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Hey Luke, sorry for late reply - no notification.

The problem I faced and hence why I went to the lengths of changing the defaults was that on every change of game in SimHub or SimHub restart would result in a reset of the Status LED's (3 x Left and 3 x Right) from whatever I had set back to the defaults. So, after the 37th time of re-inputting NCalc code it seemed easier just to adjust the code defaults in SliPluginDeviceDescriptor.cs and rebuild. lol

I hadn't used your SLI-Pro plugin or SimHub before the current version (7.4.16) so do not know what InputManager was used for and whether this is what is causing the issue, doesn't sound like it though. Strangely, I am pretty sure it worked, as in saved my Status LED config, for the first few restarts of SimHub but can't be 100%.

Other than the missing InputManager warning and the non-saving Status LED changes (just tried a fresh install of both and it won't save changes to the defaults) the project compiled and as far as I can see and tell, it is working as it should. I've changed all sorts of stuff that a normal user would change and it seems to be working fine. It's weird that it remembers the changes say to the Pit Lane animation but not Status LED's.

Cheers bud!

Upvote 0
Hi, first of all thank you for your work. enjoying this plugin for a while now.

there is an additional sli popping on and of every few seconds. If I am fast enough to set it to managed, it will stay.
my sli starts flashing like it is alternating between the two settings.
that is whats popping up in the log if I leave it unmanaged:

1642545414322.png

By the way, I have the same issue like Rapster has with the 6 status leds.

cheers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back