SLI-Pro and SLI-F1 plugin for SimHub

In case it's of use to anyone else, I knocked up a quick plugin for SimHub to interface to a SLI-Pro and SLI-F1 boards. I've never been sufficiently intelligent to understand the SLIMaxManager UI and have had some issues with Fanaleds, hence the plugin. Plus it fills in a few things with PersistentDataTracker that are missing in AMS2 (and PC[2], I guess) like deltas, which is handy.

Bug reports or features best on github if possible!

Cheers

Last edited:
Excellent progress mate! I would add to the todo-list to add all available data values for the 7segment fields on both sides. I would like to be able to have gap to ahead on the left and gap to behind on the right, for instance. There isn't much sense in limiting what we can show.

Upvote 0
Sure, that's the ultimate goal but easier said than done :) Ideally I'd like to re-use simhub editors for that, since it has so much dash stuff in there already, but I need to figure those out and see if they are viable. Just time really.

That said I have started on making the ordering of the existing segment modes editable, and the side to display on (+ someone asked for rpm and speed). That'll probably be it until a more generic "do anything" solution, though.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
I'm probably just doing something stupid here but I can't get any response from the plugin after following the installation instructions on github:

"Copy the package\bin\x86\Release\SimElation.SimHub.SliPlugin.dll file from the package to your SimHub installation directory
(e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub) and (re)start SimHub. SimHub should ask for confirmation to enable the new plugin. "

Do I need to do more than that to get it working? Whe I click on "SLI Plugin" under "Additional plugins" I just get a blank screen. My SLI-Pro is responding fine to Fanaleds but I would love to have it work under the Simhub umbrella.

Thanks for sharing this and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to get it installed correctly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi

OK well if the "SLI Plugin" appears in the plugins section then I think installation itself is fine. Could you PM me the simhub log file? (Probably C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs)

Also, which SimHub version? I've just updated to check latest (7.3.7) and it seems OK here. I assume all SLI-Pros have the same USB product id, but if not then it won't appear in the UI. Could you check in device manager what yours is? Device Manager -> View -> Devices by container. Then in the main tree view: SLI-Pro Interface -> HID-compliant game controller -> Right click -> Properties -> Property -> Device instance path -> Value (should be something like HID\VID_1DD2&PID_0103\9&BE3F7C3&0&0000).

The only other thing that springs to mind is maybe to check Fanaleds isn't also running - not sure I ever checked what happens if both are running...

HTH

Upvote 0
Hi

OK well if the "SLI Plugin" appears in the plugins section then I think installation itself is fine. Could you PM me the simhub log file? (Probably C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs)

Also, which SimHub version? I've just updated to check latest (7.3.7) and it seems OK here. I assume all SLI-Pros have the same USB product id, but if not then it won't appear in the UI. Could you check in device manager what yours is? Device Manager -> View -> Devices by container. Then in the main tree view: SLI-Pro Interface -> HID-compliant game controller -> Right click -> Properties -> Property -> Device instance path -> Value (should be something like HID\VID_1DD2&PID_0103\9&BE3F7C3&0&0000).

The only other thing that springs to mind is maybe to check Fanaleds isn't also running - not sure I ever checked what happens if both are running...

HTH

Thanks! PM on its way. Having trouble attaching the log as it is too large. As referenced in the PM it could be the USB ID anyway, but if there is something in particular I can search for in the log please let me know and I can grab and post that portion.

Upvote 0
Help needed :/

I recently bought an SLI-F1 and tested it out with Fanaleds and the SimHub plugin through my laptop, everything worked fine. I had fully functionality with each software.

After waiting a couple of weeks for a custom bracket to be made, I've now mounted it to my rig and connected it to my gaming PC...

It shows as connected through game device controller and has a light to show it's got power. When I go to the plugins section of SimHub, other plugins work but the SLI plugin just hangs. If I unplug and plug the device in, it searches for it but never gets any further :(

I tried Fanaleds on my laptop, that also worked fine but won't open (or seems to open and instantly close) on my gaming PC.

I've got it to "work" through EKsim SLImax Manager (although the UI is beyond antiquated). Though the rev lights are intermittent, they work on and off in roughly 5 second spells. I'm guessing this is down to the baud settings as I've had this on a TM1638 device in the past and lowering the baud through SimHub resolved it. Unfortunately I can't find any similar options here.

I've tried updating firmware, updating SimHub, using different cables and USB ports. I'm really struggling on what to try next. I don't know if it's down to the USB baud being out, a software conflict or other. Any advice on what else I can try would be much appreciated.

PS - Using the SimHub plugin would be my preferred option if I can get it working.

Upvote 0
Yeah sorry I've been meaning to do a new build that removes the requirement for the vjoy dlls from older SimHub installs to be available.

An easy fix is to drop the two files in https://github.com/simelation/simhub-plugins/raw/images/simhub.zip (vJoyInterface.dll and vJoyInterfaceWrap.dll) in to the simhub install location and then restart simhub?

Or if you'd rather not use some random files from some bloke on the internet, I mention where they come from here: https://github.com/simelation/simhu.../packages/simhub-sli-plugin#vjoy-installation Any version mentioned there should work to get the plugin running, though if you want the vjoy functionality the requirements are a bit stricter.

HTH!

Upvote 0
Yeah sorry I've been meaning to do a new build that removes the requirement for the vjoy dlls from older SimHub installs to be available.

An easy fix is to drop the two files in https://github.com/simelation/simhub-plugins/raw/images/simhub.zip (vJoyInterface.dll and vJoyInterfaceWrap.dll) in to the simhub install location and then restart simhub?

Or if you'd rather not use some random files from some bloke on the internet, I mention where they come from here: https://github.com/simelation/simhu.../packages/simhub-sli-plugin#vjoy-installation Any version mentioned there should work to get the plugin running, though if you want the vjoy functionality the requirements are a bit stricter.

HTH!
Thank you so much for the quick reply and help with this. It's now fully working and looks great!

I know you've had many requests for more functions, as previously requested by someone else, I would also like speed added. I find it really useful on pit entry :)

Thanks for all of the hard work you've put in to this, I'd love to see it continue.

It's a shame that iRacing doesn't support the ABS and TC flag options. I understand that they do this so it can't be manipulated and used as a "cheat". Would have been useful and looked really cool though.

Here's a couple of images showing the CF bracket I hade made for mounting the SLI_F1 to a DD1. If the design could be helpful to anyone who would like to 3D print, or have similar made from carbon fibre (it cost me ~£24 including delivery), feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to forward the design file.

Thanks again!

SLI_CF_Front.jpg
SLI_CF_Back.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't get this to work - but am probably just really dumb. it just makes a blank page in my simhub.

Good work working on to though - appreciated. I'll do more fiddling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you so much for the quick reply and help with this. It's now fully working and looks great!

I know you've had many requests for more functions, as previously requested by someone else, I would also like speed added. I find it really useful on pit entry :)

Thanks for all of the hard work you've put in to this, I'd love to see it continue.

It's a shame that iRacing doesn't support the ABS and TC flag options. I understand that they do this so it can't be manipulated and used as a "cheat". Would have been useful and looked really cool though.

Here's a couple of images showing the CF bracket I hade made for mounting the SLI_F1 to a DD1. If the design could be helpful to anyone who would like to 3D print, or have similar made from carbon fibre (it cost me ~£24 including delivery), feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to forward the design file.

Thanks again!

No problem. Yeah speed is on the list, along with moving display modes between left/right segments. It's half done... need to put aside a weekend to finish it I guess.

Bracket looks good. I didn't realise it was possible to get some custom CF fabricated for anything less than £toomuch! Can I ask where?

Cheers

Upvote 0
The vjoy DLLs? I'll give it a whirl. Wasn't sure if that was your fix since I didn't realise we'd need vjoy (virutal-joystick?) stuff for the sli-pro. Ta!
Yeah that'll be it. It's mandatory in that the DLLs need to be there for it to run, even if not used (to give full use of all rotary switches). Now simhub doesn't ship the vjoy DLLs I need to make it an optional dependency!

Cheers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
He
Bracket looks good. I didn't realise it was possible to get some custom CF fabricated for anything less than £toomuch! Can I ask where?

Here's the link for the Facebook page of the guys that did me the CF bracket. I'm pretty sure their website was done on MS Paint :)

I've had them do a few bits in the past and was looking to sell CF shifter paddles but didn't end up proceeding with it. There's different option around gloss or matt, plain or twill, pure CF or CF mixed with fibre glass, etc..

Let me know if you need any further advice

Upvote 0
Yeah that's fixed it - thanks boys.

So; it's 'working' and the shift lights etc work - but the rotaries I have dont seem to work. the right side is great with the deltas etc - but the left side has 'na' for the first five, then H20, Oil, BrakeBal, ToGo..

Should they do something?

Upvote 0
Yeah that's fixed it - thanks boys.

So; it's 'working' and the shift lights etc work - but the rotaries I have dont seem to work. the right side is great with the deltas etc - but the left side has 'na' for the first five, then H20, Oil, BrakeBal, ToGo..

Should they do something?
Well for the last released version, only 7 positions have a mode for the left display and the others will show n/a (https://github.com/simelation/simhub-plugins/tree/master/packages/simhub-sli-plugin#segment-displays).

In your case, I'm guessing the left switch is effectively wired back-to-front if the first 5 positions are showing n/a. I've half finished a version that will allow editing the positions for the display modes, so that should sort it out if it bugs you and don't want to swap the 5v/gnd on that rotary! Like I say, not sure when I'll finish it but I'll try to soon...

HTH

Upvote 0
He

Here's the link for the Facebook page of the guys that did me the CF bracket. I'm pretty sure their website was done on MS Paint :)

I've had them do a few bits in the past and was looking to sell CF shifter paddles but didn't end up proceeding with it. There's different option around gloss or matt, plain or twill, pure CF or CF mixed with fibre glass, etc..

Let me know if you need any further advice
Cool, cheers. I've been trying to teach myself freecad by designing a wheel which I was going to 3d-print but maybe cf is an option! And yes goodness that is a bit of a throwback website.

Upvote 0
In your case, I'm guessing the left switch is effectively wired back-to-front if the first 5 positions are showing n/a. I've half finished a version that will allow editing the positions for the display modes, so that should sort it out if it bugs you and don't want to swap the 5v/gnd on that rotary! Like I say, not sure when I'll finish it but I'll try to soon...

That really does help - thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi i installed the simhub Plugin for my SLI Pro F1 from Bodnar, but if i go to the SLI Plugin, nothing showing up... if i plug my Sli new in it looks like this? any idea how to fix that?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    38.4 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back