SLI-Pro and SLI-F1 plugin for SimHub

In case it's of use to anyone else, I knocked up a quick plugin for SimHub to interface to a SLI-Pro and SLI-F1 boards. I've never been sufficiently intelligent to understand the SLIMaxManager UI and have had some issues with Fanaleds, hence the plugin. Plus it fills in a few things with PersistentDataTracker that are missing in AMS2 (and PC[2], I guess) like deltas, which is handy.

Bug reports or features best on github if possible!

Cheers

Last edited:
Any chance this can be adapted to support the SLI-F1? Not sure how similar they actually are.
Dunno, but probably quite similar. I did put it on the list but unlike the SLI-PRO, I can't find anything on the Bodnar website documenting the USB message formats. Sadly I don't have one to sniff around with wireshark and figure it out the old fashioned way, though maybe they'll oblige with the info after a friendly email...

Upvote 0
This version has the ability to assign buttons to control the displays.

@Ian Watkins I'll try and ping Bodnar Electronics sometime soonish and see if they can help with the F1. If no luck, I could guess if you're happy to try it out :confused: (I would need the USB ProductId though; easy enough to get at if you don't know how!).

Cheers

Upvote 0
OK sounds good, but no need yet - they may just give me the info!

Turns out they are jolly nice folks and gave me more than the info (OK, lent...)! Give me a week or two and hopefully I'll have something hacked up. Probably a separate plugin for a first cut and I'll merge them together at some point.

Cheers

IMG_20201112_135138302-small.jpg

Upvote 0
@lukester1975 that's great. I'm on 1.15.

Thanks for your efforts.
No problem, it keeps me off the streets. At least I think that's what's doing it, though maybe there's some other reason.

We have a heartbeat!

IMG_20201115_195739911.jpg

Do you use rotary switches to control the left/right segment displays, or just up/down buttons (or rotary encoders doing the same)? Haven't figured out the rotary switches yet, though I think I have one I took out my wheel so should be able to figure them out. Buttons/encoder should just work.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Here you go, SLI-F1 plugin: https://github.com/simelation/simhub-plugins/packages/512134

Functionality wise it's the same as the SLI-Pro, which has some new bits in latest build:

* added a peek current segment display mode name function assignable to a button.
* added external LED support.
* added feedback dialogs for rotary detection process.
* show device status in UI.

I'll merge them in to one plugin sometime soon and start with more customisation of on-board LEDs etc.

Feedback/bugs welcome!

Cheers

Upvote 0
RIghto, I merged the two plugins. New version is here: https://github.com/simelation/simhub-plugins/packages/534382

Plus a bunch of other stuff:
  • Multiple device support (per-device config keyed by device serial number).
  • Editable pit lane RPM LED animation.
  • Added ability to assign a control to peek any segment mode.
  • Status LEDs can now be edited.
  • Status and external LEDs support ncalc expressions (direct property binding removed; javascript not working yet).
In terms of configuration, probably just the segment displays to do but that will take a while, even if I start it...

Anyone upgrading to this version should delete the old SliPro / SliF1 plugin dlls from the SimHub install directory.

Cheers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
New version 0.7.0 up. All status / external LEDs will now work again.

Cheers

Bug Fixes

• simhub-sli-plugin: was always setting LED index 0 for status and external LEDs. (2c54ccc)
Features

• simhub-sli-plugin: added support for mapping rotary switches to vJoy devices. (a476b44)
  • simhub-sli-plugin: use FormulaPicker for LEDs. Javascript now works. (d54318d)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing