very slow site

I upgraded the account, given the huge service given, it is the minimum, but still downloading a mod is impossible, with okla speed test I have 90mb in download, while here I download at 28kb per second :(

I use firefox :(

very slow site

I upgraded the account, given the huge service given, it is the minimum, but still downloading a mod is impossible, with okla speed test I have 90mb in download, while here I download at 28kb per second :(

I use firefox :(
Same crap again here. I am fed with this site and performance, honest.
Have you guys seen (and followed) the recommendation in the post above?
All we can do is assure you that this issue is definitely not on our server. There is an issue somewhere between our server and your PC. It may be with our ISP, it may be with yours, it may be with neither. But really the only way forward is to ask your ISP to investigate, I'm afraid.
NB: Deutsche Telekom customers seem to have been experiencing problems on and off for some months now.

Sorry @Neilski but why should only racedepartment have issues with the Deutsche Telekom where ANY other website is doing fine?
I suspect you'll find if you try the other 500 million (?) websites out there that a few of them also have identical issues with connectivity for you. Since the issue isn't on our server (we do have our off days but this isn't one of them), it's more or less guaranteed to affect more than one site.

For sure, our ISP (i3D.net) host a LOT of other sites, and like I say it's possible that the fault is on their side. But for reasons I have explained earlier in this thread, it's not practical for us to chase individual issues like this. (When we know that many users are hitting trouble, it does sometimes make sense for us to ask i3D to investigate.)

Most users are only ever touching "a few" (dozens, maybe hundreds) websites in a given day, and most of them will be hosted in different locations all over the planet. This can lead to people feeling certain that the fault can't be with their ISP, so it must be with ours...

Have you tried other Dutch servers on speedtest.net as I recommended in post #77 above? (Our server is in Rotterdam btw.)

Sorry @Neilski but why should only racedepartment have issues with the Deutsche Telekom where ANY other website is doing fine?
Same reason Twitch is shoo for DTAG, because DTAG has some special handling tier 3 connections (like some other big ISP players), as they either have a peering contract, which follows the standards of DTAG, or they are low level handled - which results in too much traffic for specific peering nodes.

In general, it is not bad, DTAG wants to have such standards ... just the tier 3 providers (which i3D is, too) are either not willing to accept (€€€) or don't have the capacity to do so.

I found that in the morning until late afternoon, the site works very well without being slow, in the evening it is likely that the mass of users connects and starts to slow down. The weekend works, but during the week it is frustrating: D: D
We are too many: P: P

I don't know what has happened to this site. The downloads get slower and slower all the time. It has nothing to do what time of day I download. Maybe it would have been better instead of redesigning this site, to invest more time for a better download speed and to look more on the server site. I have a 250 Mbit fiber internet connection and all I get is 25 kbit/sec at the minute. I have a new pc and completely new internet hardware and all the other websites work with a decent speed. What is the problem with your site?

I don't know what has happened to this site. The downloads get slower and slower all the time. It has nothing to do what time of day I download. Maybe it would have been better instead of redesigning this site, to invest more time for a better download speed and to look more on the server site. I have a 250 Mbit fiber internet connection and all I get is 25 kbit/sec at the minute. I have a new pc and completely new internet hardware and all the other websites work with a decent speed. What is the problem with your site?
The problem is not our site but your provider. I want to bet it's Deutsche Telekom, isn't it? Please have a read through the last pages of this thread. Go complain to them if you want this to be resolved as this is beyond our control.

It looks like if you don't know any further you bring the Deutsche Telekom into the game. What happens if somebody hasn't got the Telekom as a provider? Do you tell them Vodafone or O² is the problem?
Tell me honestly, are you trying to get more and more people into the paying scheme?
Maybe the paying premium members get a far better download speed.
What interest should Telekom have, to slow down your website? Did you fall out with them?

It looks like if you don't know any further you bring the Deutsche Telekom into the game. What happens if somebody hasn't got the Telekom as a provider? Do you tell them Vodafone or O² is the problem?
Tell me honestly, are you trying to get more and more people into the paying scheme?
What interest should Telekom have, to slow down your website? Did you fall out with them?
Did you actually try reading the stuff above yet? DT have cropped up far more than ANY other ISP in the last several months.

I am going to sit on my hands for a bit

I´ve been in contact with DTAG recently. They don´t see any issues with your site and my connection, neither see any problem. So what´s next?
1618602151755.png

I´ve been in contact with DTAG recently. They don´t see any issues with your site and my connection, neither see any problem. So what´s next?
View attachment 465936
Well, like I said to someone else not so long ago, they seem to be demonstrating that the problem isn't at the RD end. If it were, they'd have experienced the same problems as you, no? This kinda has the smell of traffic management about it, meaning that you don't get the same quality of connection as they do when they perform a test, but the suggestions above by @ParkYongLee may also be involved.
In your shoes, I'd be saying to them "so if you don't have an issue with this website, why do I?".

Meanwhile, another DTAG customer is kindly assisting us with investigating the connection issue, so fingers crossed we'll find a solution.

This morning local time 09.30 a.m. the download speed and buildup is fine. I must admit I´ve only have had troubles in the evening so maybe investigate that further.
Yeah, from all of the reports, it seems likely to be linked to congestion somewhere along the way, so busy times would then be the worst.

The only solution I have at the moment is, to use a VPN, I used a VPN-Region of Netherlands and got ca. 2 MB/sec. and when I changed the VPN-Region to Ireland I even got about 11 MB/sec. download speed which is really good. But it doesn't mean the problem with Telekom is solved. Switching off the VPN brings me down to a slow speed of about 180 kbit/sec. which is quiet ridiculous.
So there must be some sort of disharmony or hate between DTAG and Racedepartement.

I Have a problem my downlaod speed is very slow , only on the Racedepatement Webside on other websides i have between 10-20 mb per seconds and here 400kb per second can you help me please its annoying!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back