SIMTRECS GT Pro Pedals

• Deleted member 197115

Got spring kit from MRP, super quick shipping via Fedex from NZ to US in just few days.
You get 4 sets of dual springs of different stiffness and the printed instruction. Provided matrix recommends combination of spring to get desired stiffness from soft to super hard.
Fit onto brake pedal rod without any issues, tight and solid with plastic spacers in between.
Looks like trail braking can be better controlled as modulation seems easier. Initial stroke before it gets progressively harder seems a bit soft to my liking so I went for hard and super hard combo.
20230322_183628.jpg
20230322_183314.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got spring kit from MRP, super quick shipping via Fedex from NZ to US in just few days.
You get 4 sets of dual springs of different stiffness and the printed instruction. Provided matrix recommends combination of spring to get desired stiffness from soft to super hard.
Fit onto brake pedal rod without any issues, tight and solid with plastic spacers in between.
Looks like trail braking can be better controlled as modulation seems easier. Initial stroke before it gets progressively harder seems a bit soft to my liking so I went for hard and super hard combo.
Please post up a "long-term review" in a few weeks with your continuing thoughts and spring combination.

• Deleted member 197115

I gave another try to red/green, it seems a bit easier to reach threshold braking level with those. But yes, one combo or another, easier modulation is really interesting, there is no typical "sticky" point that comes with elastomers before they start bouncing back after compression. Honestly makes me wonder why major pedals manufacturers stick with rubber, cost cutting?

Considering new rig (P1X) and pedals, etc. Quick question to anyone with these Simtrecs and P1X: is the Simtrec optional baseplate required (or recommended) or good to go with just the Simlab Universal Pedal Baseplate?

• Deleted member 197115

Considering new rig (P1X) and pedals, etc. Quick question to anyone with these Simtrecs and P1X: is the Simtrec optional baseplate required (or recommended) or good to go with just the Simlab Universal Pedal Baseplate?
It comes with very nice adjustable heel plate, with P1X make sure to get wide version, it provides more room for pedals spread adjustment. Looks like whey will work without one if you have SimLab heelplate already, I just wanted to raise pedals a bit higher and not taking chances with potential compatibility issues.

P.S. And back to Green/Brown combo, suits my driving style better, couldn't warm up fully to street car like sponginess of red/green.

Thanks Andrew. Been looking at so many different pedal sets recently - for a set that will last me to the 'end'! Thought it would be Ultimates but so many more sets to consider these days... These Simtrecs seem to tick all the right boxes though.

• Deleted member 197115

HE Ultimate has long track history and reputation, but construction wise they are not even comparable, you can still get squeaking and side to side movement on them, Simtrecs are rock solid, silent and silky smooth with bearings all around and super tight tolerances.

EDIT: This post mention some new SPR pedals, something worth to take a look at probably, they seem interesting. Other than that, there is a good resource on available on the market pedals.

Like Andrew said, they would likely work fine on the P1X pedal deck. I got the large Simtrecs plate for my ASR6 just to have the ablility to run them even higher if so desired and have more granular adjustments without moving bigger components. Plus it just looks bitchin…

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

sorry to say but this "good resource" is missing some of the best pedals in the market.
Don't be, pedals market is getting so saturated these days, so it's pretty hard to navigate all these new models. Before it was just either HE or the other HE. :p
If there is a better catalogue of what is available please do share, at least the one linked has first hand reviews on a bunch of listed models.

I’ve used that spring kit for over 5 months now in my Simtrecs, and havent considered once going back to elastomers.
Especially going off the brakes feels more natural/easier with the springs.
I’m using brown and green spring.
Ordered Barry’s spring kit last week. On back order but should be in stock soon…7-10 days. Thanks for the feedback.

Hey boys and girls,

I'm also a proud new owner of these pedals, and i have a question.

When i first got them i did something very stupid.
After changing the elastomers to the longest travel version i mounted it back wrong.
And after like 2 hours of racing i broke the yellow rounded washer.

Now i have it fixed again and correctly this time :p i have a bit of fear of pressing them to hard,
and braking that washer again.

My question is:
Because i have the softest elastomers when i brake hard i can feel the end stop (just a hard hitting stop).
Can i still put more pressure on the pedal or am i risking braking it again?
Do u guys hit that end stop and can u still put more pressure on it then ?

Or should i put harder elastomers on it because you're not supposed to hit that end stop?

Kind regards

Me

Attachments

• PXL_20230411_145211138.jpg
    PXL_20230411_145211138.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 110
  • PXL_20230408_104441149.jpg
    PXL_20230408_104441149.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I don't believe you can break anything, but when you are bottoming out with soft elastomers you prematurely degrade them, check recommended max Poti setting for different elastomers, perhaps it's set too high, so you really need to compress them to get full reading.
Also check this piece, it cover relation between hardness and length of elastomers with registered effort, i.e. why soft long elastomers need lower Poti settings.
I have mine set up progressively (different hardness elastomers, springs in my case), so after initial application it gets increasingly harder to compress to get to 100%, and I don't bottom out.
Watch this video, it covers in full details proper brake adjustment and elastomer stack assembly.

Did you get replacement concave washer from Simtrecs?

Ty for the quick reply Andrew,

They send me where i could order the new part yes, but it was a whole hassle.
The only compagnies that sold that part u had to own a bussiness to order it from them.
Eventualy i used the bussiness number of my brother in law to order the part so everything is fine now.
(I'm sure Simtrecs would have helped me if i asked that question but i wanted it fast so i ordered it my self).

With the softest elastomers they recommend the lowest poti settings and i was using that setting.

I like the longer brake travel thats why i chose the softest, and also kinda like the idea of a end stop so i know without looking im braking hard enough.

Im still hoping some one will reply with , "I hit that endstop like a beast and it wont break" hehe.

Hi Mike, I have these mounted to my P1-X pedal plate and not had any issues. I did buy the optional Simtrecs baseplate but never bothered using it as the direct P1-X mounting worked perfectly for me.
One thing to note, its not possible to adjust the pedal positions back and forth using the P1-X plate due to the mounting hole positions on the pedals in relation to base plate.
Attached photos should make it clearer.

I wasn't aware of this spring kit for the brake, i will have to order one :)
IMG_0293.jpgIMG_0292.jpg

I've had the simtrec pedals for awhile now and have loved them. I've always liked more travel so I got the springs from Barry. Took me a few laps to get used to them and dialed in but I can't say enough about them. To have the ability to go from springs or elastomers is great. If you push hard enough this setting could bottom out but I think its alright for me. Can't recommend the springs enough, even just for the options. Very happy.
IMG_0184.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 75 29.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 53 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 54 21.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • Forum trophies