SIMTRECS GT Pro Pedals

I've had the simtrec pedals for awhile now and have loved them. I've always liked more travel so I got the springs from Barry. Took me a few laps to get used to them and dialed in but I can't say enough about them. To have the ability to go from springs or elastomers is great. If you push hard enough this setting could bottom out but I think its alright for me. Can't recommend the springs enough, even just for the options. Very happy. View attachment 663855
i want these springs, where did you get them from ?

Took the plunge and got these pedals - along with my new simrig and wheel.

Nervous not to mess anything up and about to try these springs based on previous recommendations (fast shipping from NZ to UK too!).

Attached is a photo of how I have installed the springs for my first trial - please shout if you see anything wrong!

ST-Springs.JPG

• Deleted member 197115

Nervous not to mess anything up and about to try these springs based on previous recommendations (fast shipping from NZ to UK too!).

Attached is a photo of how I have installed the springs for my first trial - please shout if you see anything wrong!

View attachment 674841
Did you miss ball washer with concave surface?

EDIT: Never mind, I just have two spacers at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really pleased with these springs - so thank you to all that recommended and shared their experience with them.

I've had the red/blue combination installed for a couple of weeks now and have managed to get a lot more consistent with them. It was a big jump initially from unmodified CSL Elites , to the stiffness of the stock elastomer setup.

I think I'm now at a point where I'll probably swap out the springs for a slightly harder combination and see how I go.

Loving the pedals too!

• Deleted member 197115

I wouldn't call spring kit a must have. In fact with elastomers and spacers you will have much more variations of stiffness and progression combinations, not sure if anyone really needs that many as it's like two pages in the manual, but it's always great to have options.
Springs do feel slightly different though esp. in initial applications, resistance progression, and release behavior, they are just more "agile", plus will probably last a lifetime as even the best elastomers degrade over time.

I wouldn't call spring kit a must have. In fact with elastomers and spacers you will have much more variations of stiffness and progression combinations, not sure if anyone really needs that many as it's like two pages in the manual, but it's always great to have options.
Springs do feel slightly different though esp. in initial applications, resistance progression, and release behavior, they are just more "agile", plus will probably last a lifetime as even the best elastomers degrade over time.
Yeah besides I looked at the spring kit and shipping was more than the kit so I'll pass on them. Like you said the book has 2 pages of settings so I'll do just fine.

I'm curious I've had a few days with the Simtrecs and was wondering if the small rings can be taken out to get a little more softness from them. I put the softness elastomer but they still feel rock hard. I also see that some models have an adjuster on the brake damper but mine don't have they revised them? I ended up buying the spring kit. These have a ton of bit the accelerator is buy far the best I've ever used as is the clutch. Such a massive upgrade from the Sprints and those aren't bad pedals so says a lot about the Simtrecs. Very happy to have made the move. Love the Hydraulic feels without the headache Hydraulic pedals end up giving you. Last question regarding the damper fluid you guys know if the dampers will take different fluid weight? The dampers look like RC car dampers.

• Deleted member 197115

I'm curious I've had a few days with the Simtrecs and was wondering if the small rings can be taken out to get a little more softness from them. I put the softness elastomer but they still feel rock hard. I also see that some models have an adjuster on the brake damper but mine don't have they revised them? I ended up buying the spring kit. These have a ton of bit the accelerator is buy far the best I've ever used as is the clutch. Such a massive upgrade from the Sprints and those aren't bad pedals so says a lot about the Simtrecs. Very happy to have made the move. Love the Hydraulic feels without the headache Hydraulic pedals end up giving you. Last question regarding the damper fluid you guys know if the dampers will take different fluid weight? The dampers look like RC car dampers.
They have changed the way damper adjusts
This is from email I got from Simtrecs. Included printed manual should have the right instruction for damper adjustment.

Our Pedal has been updated (improved) a bit, based on Customer feedbacks!!! Does changes are:

Brake damper has no more adjusting valve on its body. The hardness of the damping, You can adjust from now on by changing its position on the Pedal arm (see picture included)
This change makes Us possible to increase the Damping effect, to give an better Brake sensation, and to make trail braking easier.
Clutch cable are soldered to the Poti directly, so no more detachable Clutch connector.
User Manual has been updated with does changes. (on the website still the old one listed)

Really pleased with these springs - so thank you to all that recommended and shared their experience with them.

I've had the red/blue combination installed for a couple of weeks now and have managed to get a lot more consistent with them. It was a big jump initially from unmodified CSL Elites , to the stiffness of the stock elastomer setup.

I think I'm now at a point where I'll probably swap out the springs for a slightly harder combination and see how I go.

Loving the pedals too!
I've had these pedals for quite some time - I think I was part of the 3rd batch to be released if memory serves. I have well over 500 hours on them as well (I know.. but it has been a few years at this point). Still love these pedals.

I recently installed the spring set as well. I had been looking for something like this. After 3 days of use I must report they are a really good purchase for this pedal set. Consistency is much easier, feel is simply better. One thing I like considerably better is coming off hard braking into trail braking is simply much easier now. I found my times improving which is nothing more than confidence of hitting that 80-90% mark and backing out. Modulation is simply easier. There is more pedal travel, (I am running blue/green) but that took all of 5 minutes to get use to.

Thanks for the recommendation - wish I had known about these 2 years ago!

Nathan

I received this email from the
From Simtrecs
The newer Batch pedals have oil bottle for each damper in the box.

If You not have then You need to source “RC car silicone oil”. We use from Brand „Ultimate Racing” but from, Xray, Hudy, Kyosho, Team Assosiated, Mugen, TLR, Team Losi are also same good.

For Throttle: “500 cSt” or “40WT” thickness.

For Brake (newer version without adjusting valve) : “20.000 cSt” or “20K WT”

For Brake (older version with aldjusting valve) : “250cSt” or “22,5WT” (Never use different thickness because it can damage the valve)

For Clutch: “3.000cSt” or “3K WT”

Our Dampers are RC car Dampers, they are serviceable and adjustable. By changing the thickness of the oil You can customize the damping feel (firmness) to Your needs

If You not have then You need to source “RC car silicone oil”. We use from Brand „Ultimate Racing” but from, Xray, Hudy, Kyosho, Team Assosiated, Mugen, TLR, Team Losi are also same good.

For Brake (older version with aldjusting valve) : “250cSt” or “22,5WT” (Never use different thickness because it can damage the valve)

Our Dampers are RC car Dampers, they are serviceable and adjustable. By changing the thickness of the oil You can customize the damping feel (firmness) to Your needs

So to answer your question, yes you can.

• Deleted member 197115

Great info, thanks.
Found these two statements contradicting
"Never use different thickness because it can damage the valve"
"By changing the thickness of the oil You can customize the damping feel (firmness) to Your needs"
:O_o:

I received this email from the

From Simtrecs

So to answer your question, yes you can.
Thanks for the info. I got the spring kit today so Ill be trying them out. These pedals are amazing.

View attachment 674841
Took about 5 days to Canada impressive took my simcore stuff almost 2 weeks with express shipping lol

• Deleted member 197115

It is lol
After thinking about it, it might apply only to old style brake damper with adjustment valve.
But in general at least for brakes you can adjust damper resistance by adjusting where on pedal arm it's connected, might have more effect than changing oil weight.
Although to be honest after moving to higher resistance springs/elastomers, the dampening effect on brakes becomes pretty much unnoticeable.

After thinking about it, it might apply only to old style brake damper with adjustment valve.
But in general at least for brakes you can adjust damper resistance by adjusting where on pedal arm it's connected, might have more effect than changing oil weight.
Although to be honest after moving to higher resistance springs/elastomers, the dampening effect on brakes becomes pretty much unnoticeable.
Yeah I've noticed the same thing the harder it's set the dampers do less. I like a softer pedal so dampers do a great job with control. I'll try the spring kit today see if they are better than the elastomers. One thing they will do is better durability as they can't rip long term.
I'm glad they went with off the shelf dampers from RC cars as they will be easy to replace if they fail. I'm impressed didn't think they would be this much of a difference from my Sprints. Glad I got them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back