SIMTRECS GT Pro Pedals

Those look absolutely gorgeous.

Currently thinking about upgrading from my sprints and those are on the top of my list, together with the Heusinkveld Ultimates+, since i don't really want pedals with hydraulics.

The Ultimates start to feel a bit dated though, if that makes sense. So i just preordered the Simtrecs for now :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 197115

Currently thinking about upgrading from my sprints and those are on the top of my list, together with the Heusinkveld Ultimates+, since i don't really want pedals with hydraulics.

The Ultimates start to feel a bit dated though, if that makes sense. So i just preordered the Simtrecs for now :thumbsup:
Was on the same page with HE Pro getting ready to get Ultimate+, but reports that they are still a squeaky wobbly mess (that was driving me crazy on Pro) and these two reviews (HE, Simtrecs), showing how as you said "dated" they are, pushed me over to Simtrecs. And I absolutely in love with them, have no idea how they can charge so little for build quality and tech like that, all machined from solid aluminum, super tight tolerances, bearings everywhere (bye-bye squeaking), virtually infinite adjustments at HW and SW level.

Long time fan of Heusinkveld, but they really need to up the ante to stay relevant nowadays or they gonna lose the market completely.

yeah I would do that in a heartbeat. not sure where your at but here the Simtrecs are 200 less and offer so much more.

Set arrived yesterday, FedEx ist pretty quick. And they deliver early. Had to open the door in my pyjama...

Well, i can't tell you anything you don't already know i guess.

My pedals are absolutely flawless, not a single mark from machining, love them. And they are so smooth :rolleyes:

I guess i will just increase pedal travel for now and see how it goes from there.

Sadly i only had time for a very short test drive but the shaker already works and the abs effect is indeed both helpful and somewhat immersive.

Mounting didn' work out as planned though, so i ziptied the shaker to the brake for the moment.

Edit: Bought a m6 connector and mounted the shaker. Looks a bit like a hackjob but works perfectly fine :D

Attachments

• IMG_20230812_121820.jpg
    IMG_20230812_121820.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Set arrived yesterday, FedEx ist pretty quick. And they deliver early. Had to open the door in my pyjama...

Well, i can't tell you anything you don't already know i guess.

My pedals are absolutely flawless, not a single mark from machining, love them. And they are so smooth :rolleyes:

I guess i will just increase pedal travel for now and see how it goes from there.

Sadly i only had time for a very short test drive but the shaker already works and the abs effect is indeed both helpful and somewhat immersive.

Mounting didn' work out as planned though, so i ziptied the shaker to the brake for the moment.

Edit: Bought a m6 connector and mounted the shaker. Looks a bit like a hackjob but works perfectly fine :D
Welcome to the family
After about 6 seeks with mine I'm still amazed how good they are. The dampers are such a good feature especially on the throttle. I for one wish the throttle could be even harder or heavier as I'm used to my e36 m3 throttle it's a very hard pedal other than that I'm perfectly happy.

If you read about the spring kit well after 5 days running it don't do it if your tempted I like it at first but ended up taking the springs off. Feel the elastomers have a better feel to them and they don't make any noise. After a few hours the springs started to make weird noises. So save 100$ and explore with what is given to you in the box.
My favorite feature by far is the potentiometer adjustment on the throttle it's changes everything you can run any type of elastomers setup and do the fine tuning with the knob. No more switching elastomers to get a specific feel for a specific car just set them how you like to feel and add or ease on the force it takes to get to 100%

If you like a softer feel take the metal rings out or reduce inside the elastomers this will soften the feel where you need. I spent a few days at first testing everything to see just how much you get do with these. They are impressive and you do get what you pay for.

I've been using the spring kit for at least 50 hours of driving now.. No noises here (in fact its quiter as I am not over pressing).. I also still find them far better and simply easier to modulate (due to linear pressure and travel). I have literally 400+ hours with the elastomers. Obviously I am not doubting Taxi615 up there as it's personal preference for the most part. But the progressive feel of the springs while allowing for a bit more travel as that pressure builds is fantastic. With the elastomers you just get so little movement before they start bulging - at which point it's not consistent and I tend to over work the pedal. I went with springs 1 and 3 regarding stiffness.

Nathan

Last edited:
Welcome to the family

Thx :D

If you read about the spring kit well after 5 days running it don't do it if your tempted I like it at first but ended up taking the springs off. Feel the elastomers have a better feel to them and they don't make any noise. After a few hours the springs started to make weird noises. So save 100$ and explore with what is given to you in the box.

I indeed thought about ordering the spring kit just out of curiosity, thanks for the heads up. For now i need to figure out how to set everything up to my liking anyway, might still give the springs a try later on though :thumbsup:

My favorite feature by far is the potentiometer adjustment on the throttle it's changes everything you can run any type of elastomers setup and do the fine tuning with the knob. No more switching elastomers to get a specific feel for a specific car just set them how you like to feel and add or ease on the force it takes to get to 100%

To be honest, i am not sure if i completely understand how the knob and the brake force setting in the software interact.

I assume that brake force determines which loadcell readout equals 100%.

So if i set this to, say, 80Kg, as soon as the loadcell registers 80Kg of pressure, i get 100%.

But only if the knob is set to it's maximum setting? Knob in the middle = roughly 75%, knob to the left = 50%?

Maybe i should really try to fiddle with the knob but sadly i did not have much time to actually use the pedals :laugh:

Thx :D

I indeed thought about ordering the spring kit just out of curiosity, thanks for the heads up. For now i need to figure out how to set everything up to my liking anyway, might still give the springs a try later on though :thumbsup:

To be honest, i am not sure if i completely understand how the knob and the brake force setting in the software interact.

I assume that brake force determines which loadcell readout equals 100%.

So if i set this to, say, 80Kg, as soon as the loadcell registers 80Kg of pressure, i get 100%.

But only if the knob is set to it's maximum setting? Knob in the middle = roughly 75%, knob to the left = 50%?

Maybe i should really try to fiddle with the knob but sadly i did not have much time to actually use the pedals :laugh:
I set up pedals in the software with the knob top center and leave it for gt cars turn it to 10 o'clock for dr2 and to 2 o'clock for formula it does the trick for me. But I'm on a soft setup for elastomer also use 57 pressure at 100%
All depends on how you like it I have terrible knees so can't be using too much pressure in the software. Even the stock out of the box setup was too much for me. After 60min my knee was blown. I spent a couple days changing settings and noted all I did so if I found what I liked I went to that. I also took all the metal rings out as even the soft elastomer were too hard but that's a me issue.

• Deleted member 197115

That potentiometer controls load cell amp sensitivity and a great way of fine tuning for achieving things like combos with hard resistance and small travel.

I’ve used that spring kit for over 5 months now in my Simtrecs, and havent considered once going back to elastomers.
Especially going off the brakes feels more natural/easier with the springs.
I’m using brown and green spring.
A bit late but do you use the plastic spacers that come with the pedals themselves or do you need those that come with this kit?

• Deleted member 197115

A bit late but do you use the plastic spacers that come with the pedals themselves or do you need those that come with this kit?
There shouldn't be any plastic spacers with spring kit, unless you got HE kit instead of Simtrecs, not sure if springs are any different but Heusinkvield also comes with plastic retainers, you don't need them with Simtrecs pedals as stock work just fine.
Can you post a picture of these "spacers"?

There shouldn't be any plastic spacers with spring kit, unless you got HE kit instead of Simtrecs, not sure if springs are any different but Heusinkvield also comes with plastic retainers, you don't need them with Simtrecs pedals as stock work just fine.
Can you post a picture of these "spacers"?
I just saw them on the Manon website. But probably for HE then like you said ;) Thanks for the reply.

• Deleted member 197115

Fresh review of the pedals from Dan Suzuki.

Also posted in another thread, but seems like you can mount Simagic motors to it using P2000 mounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had these pedals for quite some time - I think I was part of the 3rd batch to be released if memory serves. I have well over 500 hours on them as well (I know.. but it has been a few years at this point). Still love these pedals.

I recently installed the spring set as well. I had been looking for something like this. After 3 days of use I must report they are a really good purchase for this pedal set. Consistency is much easier, feel is simply better. One thing I like considerably better is coming off hard braking into trail braking is simply much easier now. I found my times improving which is nothing more than confidence of hitting that 80-90% mark and backing out. Modulation is simply easier. There is more pedal travel, (I am running blue/green) but that took all of 5 minutes to get use to.

Thanks for the recommendation - wish I had known about these 2 years ago!

Nathan
Hello
Can you share the configuration you use in the simtrecs software with springs?
thank you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back