Asetek sim racing - Hope or Hype?

Asetek's pedals have been favorably received and their current marketing onslaught has been difficult for me to ignore. In reviews, the Asetek tweaks they have made to the Granite wheelbase software has even Simucube owners gushing about its smoothness and speed.

While looking for any kind of news about a pricing or availability of their projected QR for third party wheels or to simply mount a traditional rim, I stumbled across the following financial report.

With Asetek's financial future uncertian, it gives me pause to even think about the Forte wheelbase as opposed to the Simucube 2 Sport, let alone the VRS DiredtForce Pro. I am all for competition in the direct-drive wheelbase market and am hoping this made in the EU product can stand up to the strong bang-for-the-buck challenges from Simagic and, to a lesser extent, MOZA.

Does anyone else read anything more positive between the lines?

• Deleted member 197115

Have you seen GD financial report?
Last three years were years of isolation and lockdowns that contributed to higher than usual sim gears sales, Fanatec commented on that during last SimExpo and how their sales are dropping.

I was a Asetek Invicta pedal set owner for 6 months BUT NO MORE... Reason for this was a bad brake trace on trail braking either to much brake near apex of turn or to little as the throw is about 14mm travel on pedal so hard to modulate with a good trace. So ordered the long throw adjuster for brake cost $25 and harder throttle spring $11 .which could fit in 2 BY 2 BY 1 INCH BOX.But Asetek say must ship in 2 separate shipments COST $79. I contact Asetek support by email and they point blank REFUSE to put items in one small box So goodbye Asetek what SH..T SERVICE So was looking for new pedal set watched Dan Suzuki review on Y/T for SRP pedal set Was very impressed ordered a set .What a GREAT set pedals after the unboxing you realize the quality . engineering and construction 99.9 %perfect. NOW my trail braking trace is very good and my times are up to about 0.40 to 0.750 per lap faster over the Asetek pedals. Regards to all Denis

Last edited:
I had the Invicta wheelbase on pre-order, but cancelled this past weekend and have a SC2 Pro on the way now instead. Over the weeks and weeks I'd had the Asetek on pre-order the tone of their various communications on things (like the lack of brake pedal travel last year and the absurd lack of wiring protection on the power and torque kill buttons if you use the front mount with their wheelbases) just gave me too much pause in the end. They might have a great new wheelbase, but I just ended up with an icky feeling about it all so I had to nope out of that.

I had the Invicta wheelbase on pre-order
An honest question: Why would you pre-order hardware, especially at such a price level, before it has been released and thoroughly proved itself to be top notch and reliable over some time?

I've been plastered with several Asetek ads in the run of the last months saying "Pre-order now!" and I just can't get the point of doing so.

Seems that many people call Asetek a patent troll and they lost a lawsuit in the EU because of a lack of innovation regarding their patent, but they won in the US. People say Asetek just put existing DIY liquid cooling parts together and called it a new invention, now known as AiO liquid cooling. Let's see how many patents this company fetches out of the sim racing market...

And better don't trust YouTube reviews, (including the following). In this german Invicta vs SC2 Pro review (edited English subtitles) the Invicta wheelbase was not on par with the SC2 Pro (90-95% compare to 100%). At least one SC2 Pro owner already pre-ordered the Invicta because "sponsored by Asetek" channels claiming the Invicta deserves the FFB-crown. Whom to trust? :whistling:

An honest question: Why would you pre-order hardware, especially at such a price level, before it has been released and thoroughly proved itself to be top notch and reliable over some time?

I've been plastered with several Asetek ads in the run of the last months saying "Pre-order now!" and I just can't get the point of doing so.
Because they aren't a brand new company out of nowhere. They have existed in some form for a while and in the sim racing space for a couple years. In a lot of ways, I felt they were going about it the right way for coming out with a new wheelbase...acquiring some IP from Granite but making it their own concept. I don't fear 'new' I guess, and I'll roll the dice to give something a try if it seems like a potentially good product with seemingly good execution. Even the QC issues they've had wouldn't have scared me off on their own...they've been reactive to the problems.

But in the end, the things that I was looking past (while suffering my FOMO spell when I pre-ordered) eventually couldn't be ignored any longer. The proprietary mounting, the lack of being able to use an extension, and their attitude when asked about the wires for the power/torque buttons on their front mount not being enclosed...together with their approach to criticism of their pedal travel...I decided to not give them my money after all. Maybe I will in the future, but probably not.

We all decide where our risk tolerance is for any activity or purchase. This will naturally be different for everyone.

And better don't trust YouTube reviews, (including the following). In this german Invicta vs SC2 Pro review (edited English subtitles) the Invicta wheelbase was not on par with the SC2 Pro (90-95% compare to 100%). At least one SC2 Pro owner already pre-ordered the Invicta because "sponsored by Asetek" channels claiming the Invicta deserves the FFB-crown. Whom to trust? :whistling:

RON's channel was helpful in that it was at least not the same exact reaction that everyone else was having to the new wheelbases. I think he's right about it being a 50/50 split of the people he had come over and try comparing to the SC2 Pro. I imagine there's enough preference in software settings that it would be really hard for anyone to really get a good handle on which is better for them in one sitting.

Besides the channel partnerships etc, there's just so much "ooooo-shiny" with reviews of new stuff...from the reviewers and from my own brain. Just because it's a change or new, doesn't always been better, but I think it's human nature to sometimes equate them. In any hobby/sport I've participated in throughout my 50+ years on the planet, one thing I can trust about myself is that I'll always be on the lookout for the latest new hotness...regardless of how much actual advantage it may or may not be. I fight the need to upgrade and add to my inventory constantly. Most days I keep it under control, some days not (don't ask about how many cycling jerseys and bibs I have...).

In the end, I think I'm with most people...waiting to see what happens in the longer term with the Asetek wheelbases and the company as a whole.

And to be fair RON was very positive in his review of the Forte wheelbase...essentially saying it was the new standard at the price point to which the rest of the market would have to adjust.

It will be interesting to see how all of this ages over the next months and even years.

I have a DD1 and cannot convince myself that either the SC or Asetek WB is worth the effort to change. I think after a few months I will come back and see how the Asetek system matures. I really liked the idea of no cables or wireless.

I have a DD1 and cannot convince myself that either the SC or Asetek WB is worth the effort to change. I think after a few months I will come back and see how the Asetek system matures. I really liked the idea of no cables or wireless.
Probably isn't worth it for most people unless starting from scratch. Have read a fair number of anecdotes where people have switched from DD1's and DD2's to SC2 Pro and considered it a big jump up, but that's very subjective.

FYI Asetek don't take any money from you when you preorder. The preorder just lets you get in line earlier then nearer the time they send you an email that your order is ready for payment. If you cancel and don't pay then the order goes to the next person in line.

Preordering probably helps them to judge demand to order and stock parts accordingly

I've just pre-ordered a set of Invicta S Series pedals as my HPP pedals are playing up

Invicta wheelbase will be next on order once they release the mechanical QR for aftermarket wheels in April

Last edited:
I think I am leaning toward the SC to replace my DD1. It just seems like there are far more SC options for mounting, extenders, QR's, etc.. It also seems like SC has had time to make the products bulletproof.

• Deleted member 197115

If I were buying today I'd seriously consider Asetek. At least on paper they are an improvement over many things SC2 has to offer, wheel mounting solution is probably the biggest one as you can have proper wireless without spotty battery driven BT, with enough power to drive lights and wheel dashboard. SW also seems to be more refined and they are not even GA yet.

Not that anyone cares however I did submit my SC order today. For me, the tipping point was:
  1. More aftermarket parts for the SC (SimCore & GSI mounting parts)
  2. Proven track record on the SC
  3. Larger user base to share settings and experiences
  4. I think the SC seems like a nicer looking unit (don't like the plastic front on the Asetek)
I really had no problem with my Fanatec equipment. Just looking for an incremental upgrade because I am lucky enough to do this and I will enjoy the ride.

• Deleted member 197115

What are these 'spare parts' under number 1?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 14.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 67 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 104 55.9%