'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Hi Dennis,
please provide me with some logs and screenshots to see the details.
Attached are the items that you requested. I have a feeling it has something to do with ASIO4all settings. With the settings shown, I can select mono or stereo and get responses to the transducers. When going to 6 channel, nothing happens. I have tried clicking and unclicking the exclusive control button, no help.
Asus sound card.jpg
SSW.jpg

edit************
Andre,
I uninstalled and reinstalled ASIO4all just to see if it would make a difference. Everything started working again. I have no idea what changed but all is good for now!

Attachments

• Launcher Log.txt
    633 bytes · Views: 237
  • SSW Log.txt
    619 bytes · Views: 204
Last edited:
Upvote 0
In simvibe, we have 4-corner + extension modes. I assign a channel to each shaker etc. How does it work in simshaker? how does it know which shaker to shake when something happens?

In the image above, I can see only two sliders, one for the jetseat and one for the shaker. What if I have 2 shakers and I want one to simulate the front axel, and one to the rear axel?

Or I have 3 shakers and I want one for the front axel, one for the rear, and one for the seat?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Dan,
The idea behind SimShaker is pretty simple.
In SimShaker - Wheels we have each effect playing its own .wav samples.
Samples may be 1,2 or 6 channels, depending on selected mode.
Every channel may feed a bass-shaker via sound card and amplifier.
One can edit the samples in order to get desired waveforms in desired channels, engaging desired shakers.
2017-03-17_09-43-32.png

Upvote 0
Hi, do you plan to support the new go-kart-racing-sim "Kartkraft" with Jetseat / Simshaker-Wheels? Or is it possible to make my own profile for this game? (I don't think so - it needs to be supported by you - right?)

Upvote 0
Hi Mike,
yes, supporting games requires some coding by me. I'm not sure about "Kartkraft" yet.
Is it popular?
Does it provides telemetry as major titles?
It's in early access but it has huge potential and already very good reviews so far. Maybe the best kart-sim out there concerning the physics and the FFB. Therefore it would be nice if my Jetseat could add to the immersion. But it's too soon for telemetry in this early stage, although I think that they will implement it. But as long as there is no telemetry in the menu available there is no chance for you to implement the jetseat-support, correct?

Upvote 0
Hi Andre's
To start please excuse my English google translation

I just received my gametrix and I am very satisfied and thank you for your work.

I'll just have a question how can I get vibrations when the car's engine is idling?

thank you in advance

Upvote 0
Hi Andre,

I have had SSW for quite a while, I use it with the Jet Seat. It works great in Assetto Corsa, and last night I tried it with ETS2. Everything seems great, except the rumble strips on the highway. (The textured white lines that should shake your car/truck when you get too close to the side of the road I guess)

When I drive on them, my ffb wheel is shaking like mad, but no matter what I do with the seat's settings (I have maxed Road Bumps and Road Surface) the seat does not do anything.

Other effects seem fine, including accel/decel forces, engine and gear shifts.

Could you perhaps check if you get the same?
Kind regards

Upvote 0
Hi NastyFruit,
Thank you for the feedback.
I think I have the same since game doesn't report what is the terrain under the wheels. At least it didn't when I made integration.
Those rumble strips are very good played on driving wheels via FFB, but mostly not presented in telemetry data and have very small effect on vertical acceleration value, which I have to use to detect bumps in ETS2.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back