'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
To control more than 2 channels you will need ASIO drivers, check to be sure your sound card will have ASIO driver from the manufacturer or will be compatible with universal asio4all driver.
A quote from Asio4all FAQ
Q: Any hints on using ASIO4ALL with USB devices?

A: After some initial troubles with earlier revisions, the driver now appears to work just fine with numerous USB devices. one thing to not do, I mean: not ever! is to check the DMA box with USB devices. If you do not need all the additional software gizmos like EAX, EQ, Fake3D-Whatever... it is recommended that you _not_ install the drivers shipped with your USB audio interface. Windows has a built-in generic USB audio driver that works with most devices. Thus, if you want to have honest, no-nonsense, low-latency audio playback/recording with your USB audio interface - by all means: stick with the Windows driver! This is especially true for consumer grade stuff, where you can be assured that the drivers shipped with it are most likely 'consumer grade' as well.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your import, after searching it’s hard to find if external usb cards use Asio drivers. I mean they probably do but idk.

Probably just going to have to take a guess on a £30 virtual ish style 7.1 card - or maybe it’s better having 2 usb 2.1?

Just be handy if someone said if the my have had a external usb card working on 4 channels properly

Upvote 0
Hi Andre.

I changed the 4 tire value to 0.85 in the config file and that works well.

The issue of the effect being very strong is for every car and track combo I have tried on AMS.

I like my effects fairly sutbtl but without editing by hand a burnout start was just as much effect as a gentle slide in a corner (both very full on). Now I can tell the difference and the effects do not mask other effects.

Can you do anything to improve the range of control people have with this effect?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Andre.

I changed the 4 tire value to 0.85 in the config file and that works well.

The issue of the effect being very strong is for every car and track combo I have tried on AMS.

I like my effects fairly sutbtl but without editing by hand a burnout start was just as much effect as a gentle slide in a corner (both very full on). Now I can tell the difference and the effects do not mask other effects.

Can you do anything to improve the range of control people have with this effect?
Hi Jim,
thank you for the feedback.
I think I will decrease this effect intensity for AMS in the next version in order to make existing controls more effective.

Upvote 0
Hi Andre,

Was just wondering if there was any intention of maybe including a front back shaker config as opposed to the stereo L R config? I run the lateral decel effect and quite like it. I wanted to try the lateral effect but remembered that I could not get it to work properly before because one direction would activate the front shaker. It would be great to have lateral only work on the rear shaker, without the need for separation.

Upvote 0
Turning left the front shaker vibrates which is the Right channel in Windows settings. That is with the stock SSW settings. However, I've fiddled with the long forces sound file (to try eliminate the piston pang in my Mini LFE due to very low hz being used in standard file) and whatever I did, I must have made it mono. When I copy that file and rename it to the lat forces numbers (14, 15) I get what I wanted! Which is left and right lateral force only on the rear unit. So, maybe by accident, I fixed it myself, I just didn't know it :)

It's a shame that I have to use the exact same file for all long and lateral forces, due to the Mini LFE issue with too low hz (below 35) and the requirement of SSW to manufacture your own files from scratch if you want to edit them. I like the standard forces file but I have to run it very soft (under 30% gain) so that I don't get piston knocking on the units.

Anyway, I can use this now that I have gone back and checked it. Thanks for the help Andre. Perhaps if I had units that were better able to handle lower hz I'd have an even better time with SSW. For now I use the adjusted files, seems to be the best alternative.

Upvote 0
I had it activated for a long time but since I made my own audio file for the braking effect, I turned it off because I wanted to feel the full force of it. Since I had tuned it to not cause the knocking, I didn't see a need to use it. Now that I plan to use some stock settings again I might re enable it and see if it helps. I cannot run lat or long forces at any higher than 25% if I want to avoid most of the knocking. The compressor might help smooth out that last little bit, for example when you are hit or you hit a wall. It creates too much energy.

Edit: Also a small tip for anyone wanting the same effect as I describe above. I've actually renamed the effect that gets sent to the FRONT shaker unit to mirror the effect that gets sent to the REAR. So, for me, I copied the file that activates when you turn RIGHT and made it so that it was the same when turning LEFT. So, basically, file 14 and 15 are exactly the same file, sending the signal to the same unit, in my case, rear.

Just another option for those that have front rear layouts instead of left right stereo with their tactile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Andre,
I have started having problems today with sim shaker. I lost any output to my Asus Xonar card when in 6 channel mode. I can change to mono or 2 channel mode and I get output to my shakers.
When I change to 6 channel mode...nada.
I have tried all combinations that I can think of in the sim shaker software and in Asio software and am at a loss at this point.
Are there any logical troubleshooting steps that you could walk me through to get this solved?

thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 220 10.4%