'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Version 2.37 started doing the start and stop looping like TomD and Cox2272 had. For me it is only doing it with F1 2017. RF2, PC2, AC, AMS and R3E are all working properly.

KO

Upvote 0
I was getting a crash in IRacing, but only a specific race. I tried a practice session by myself on the same track with no issues.

.NET Log:

Code:
Application: SimShaker - Wheels.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: iRacingSdkWrapper.YamlQuery+YamlQueryException
   at iRacingSdkWrapper.YamlQuery.get_Value()
   at Wheels.IRmemoryReader.‎‏‍‍‫‍‬‏‬‌‮‏‏‫‮‭‮‍‎‌‭‎‎‌‭‮(System.Object, SessionInfoUpdatedEventArgs)
   at iRacingSdkWrapper.SdkWrapper.OnSessionInfoUpdated(SessionInfoUpdatedEventArgs)
   at iRacingSdkWrapper.SdkWrapper+<>c__DisplayClass73_0`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<RaiseEvent>b__0(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at ‪‭‬‍‪‪‭‪‭‎‏‪‏‌‬‪‫‫‮.‍‫‭‬‭‬‮‎‌‭‮‌‏‎‍‪‎‪‍‌‍‍‫‍‭‮()

Upvote 0
I was getting a crash in IRacing, but only a specific race. I tried a practice session by myself on the same track with no issues.

.NET Log:

Code:
Application: SimShaker - Wheels.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: iRacingSdkWrapper.YamlQuery+YamlQueryException
   at iRacingSdkWrapper.YamlQuery.get_Value()
   at Wheels.IRmemoryReader.‎‏‍‍‫‍‬‏‬‌‮‏‏‫‮‭‮‍‎‌‭‎‎‌‭‮(System.Object, SessionInfoUpdatedEventArgs)
   at iRacingSdkWrapper.SdkWrapper.OnSessionInfoUpdated(SessionInfoUpdatedEventArgs)
   at iRacingSdkWrapper.SdkWrapper+<>c__DisplayClass73_0`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<RaiseEvent>b__0(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at ‪‭‬‍‪‪‭‪‭‎‏‪‏‌‬‪‫‫‮.‍‫‭‬‭‬‮‎‌‭‮‌‏‎‍‪‎‪‍‌‍‍‫‍‭‮()
Thank you for the feedback.
Can you reproduce it again if make a fix?

Upvote 0
Thank you for the feedback.
Can you reproduce it again if make a fix?

I tried the same race again the next day and it didn't happen, so I can't reproduce it.

On the original day I tried restarting my computer and it didn't help. Also tried beta and non-beta versions. Maybe just a strange combination in iracing.

Upvote 0
Option 1: Please scroll down SimShaker - Wheels online user guide to Beta Version section and install beta version.
Option 2: Please wait until current beta version with ACC support will be turned into main (stable) version for a week or so.

Upvote 0
Guys,
stable version 2.43 featuring ACC and F1 2018 support is published.
As a reminder, you should start SimShaker - Wheels Launcher twice in order to update the application. For the first time the application checks for the update, for the second time - promts you to update.
Happy driving!

Upvote 0
Hi @=Andre= .

I have 2.43 running. In AMS the new 4 wheel effect always uses 100% JS gain and BS gain regardless of what I have the sliders set to. This is what I get in the log window for example:

20:23:48.750 TireWear start vibe. JS gain=100, BS gain =100. Sample name=l-rear-wear.
20:23:48.751 TireWear start vibe. JS gain=100, BS gain =100. Sample name=r-rear-wear.

And I have JS Gain on 10%, BS gain on 50% and filtering on 50.

I have to turn it off at the moment as it drowns out everything else.

Upvote 0
@Nobkins
Jim, I'm trying to reproduce the issue on my end. If I set tire wear high value (x7) it seems to work as you reported. If I set tire wear Normal it works as it was meant to work. I wonder what is your tire wear settings?
2018-10-12 18-58-55 Automobilista 1.5.11.png

Upvote 0
OK So I set JS gain to 1% (lowest I can do).
Filtering to 0 (to get all feedback) even the smallest of things

Sat in the garage with the engine off and not moving I am constantly getting these kind of logs:
18:17:47.320 TireWear start vibe. JS gain=4, BS gain =100. Sample name=r-rear-wear.

So I put on the filtering to say 20.

That cures the constant buzzing issues (as it should) but then any sliding of the tire seems to give such strong feedback that all other feedback is masked.
Even with JS gain set to 1% I am regularly getting these sorts of readings:
18:21:8.487 TireWear start vibe. JS gain=86, BS gain =100. Sample name=l-front-wear.

I am assuming that is very close to max vibration (86). Surely on 1% I should be getting very little if any feedback. With the most other settings using low values dials down the feedback significantly If I use something like 15% JS gain (still a very low level) and 25 threshold then every value logged is as follows:

18:24:43.129 TireWear start vibe. JS gain=100, BS gain =100. Sample name=l-front-wear.
18:24:43.129 TireWear start vibe. JS gain=100, BS gain =100. Sample name=r-front-wear.
18:24:43.130 TireWear start vibe. JS gain=100, BS gain =100. Sample name=l-rear-wear.

Nothing at all between full or nothing.

So with the minimum setting (1%) of JS gain I get a some variation but still much much too strong.

With anything higher it is drowning out all other feedback and constantly activating even in a straight line coasting.

Not sure if I am describing it very well.

Maybe that particular car and track. The Ultima GTR Race Is a beast. I havn't tried any other car yet.

Upvote 0
I've got it, thank you. I suggest that may be uncommon type car.
As a quick workaround I think you can "manually" set JS Gain value as much less than 1% as you want.
1) Go to SSW Advanced Options tab and press Open Settings Folder button
2) Close SSW
3) In the settings folder find AMS.xml file and open it for edit (Windows Notepad will be fine)
4) In the file find <Slider_15_1 Value="x.xxxx" /> and set it let's say <Slider_15_1 Value="0.001" />
5) Save the file, start SSW and try.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, this has been covered everywhere for ‘simvibe’ but I can’t find any information for SSW regarding external usb soundcards.

Are they supported?

If not, is there any knowledge of someone using one that’s works? If I can just find a model that someone has got to work then I will give it a go!

Thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back