'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Ah, I understand. That is a pity, as they would be quite useful to feel, and I hit them quite often.

Do you think I should try to ask ETS2's developer to have a look at having them more prominent in the telemetry? Or have you already tried talking with them?

Thanks again, and thanks for the quick response.
Kind regards

Upvote 0
To be honest, I seldom try to talk to games developers, since mostly that turns to be a time wasting. I think I could have the same success talking to walls in my room. But you can try, why not. I promise to be supportive and provide you with tech details if needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I drive on them, my ffb wheel is shaking like mad, but no matter what I do with the seat's settings (I have maxed Road Bumps and Road Surface) the seat does not do anything.

Although I'm using Simvibe, I still know what you mean.
In ATS, I attempted to use Simvibes default setup which included "Road Bumps." But I want getting any feedback from my shakers.

Wasn't until I edited the ATS profile in SV, I notice "suspension bumps" was not available as well as other effects. Same goes for R3E. It's missing some effects.

So just like in R3E, in ATS I removed "road bumps" and added SV "verticle surges" & "verticle textures" in Extension Mode.
Then I was finally getting bumps, and feeling rumble strips too!

So the problem may not be the developer... Could be that SSW does not include effects like "verticle surges."
Just a thought... I could be wrong and maybe the SCS developers could implement road bumps/textures telemetry for SSW and SV too. But for SV and games lacking road bumps telemetry, verticle surges is just as good (with more road feel though, which I really enjoy)

Upvote 0
So the problem may not be the developer... Could be that SSW does not include effects like "verticle surges."
I think SSW does in case of currently discussing ATS/ETS 2 and R3E.
My Road Bumps/Surface effects for those games are based on Vertical Acceleration data, which on my opinion is the same or very close to "verticle surges". Unfortunately, from my experience, Vertical Acceleration let us decently feel kerbs and rumble stripes in R3E only.

But for SV and games lacking road bumps telemetry, verticle surges is just as good (with more road feel though, which I really enjoy)
I agree, when setting effects based on Vertical Acceleration much higher we can better feel rumble stripes, but other road events become unnaturally high. May be I will find a balance one day.

Upvote 0
Ok I see... Verticle Acceleration is almost the same as vertical surges.

Since these effects provide the same feeling, is there something you can do to amp up/turn up the verticle acceleration effect in ATS/ETS2?

I have to set vertical surges in SV to at least 99% out of 100% (currently using 99.5% under my pedals & 99% under my seat. I'm still playing around with it though). Anything lower than that, I can't feel a thing! Hope that helps

Upvote 0
Since these effects provide the same feeling, is there something you can do to amp up/turn up the verticle acceleration effect in ATS/ETS2?
Sure thing, in SSW it should look like this
2018-11-29 14-40-47 SimShaker - Wheels   Version 2.43.png

Upvote 0
Hello
simshaker does not want to automatically launch windows
I can not check the "start launcher with windows" option
the "auto start" option is checked
the "start launcher minimized in system tray" option is checked

Upvote 0
I have not managed to solve the problem with this solution.

to solve the problem I uninstalled version v2.45 and reinstall it to solve this problem

the problem started when uninstalling the beta v2.45 and installing the final version v2.45

sorry for my bad English

thank you

Upvote 0
I have got the 3.0 beta today and i am curious about the difference between the Gametrix Jetseat and the Jetseat Race Edition. Isn't the Race Edition the same mat just with a different cover?

Upvote 0
I have got the 3.0 beta today and i am curious about the difference between the Gametrix Jetseat and the Jetseat Race Edition. Isn't the Race Edition the same mat just with a different cover?
JetSeat Race Edition support available also in stable branch since version 2.45.
In this modification the motors placement is changed in order to project all 4 wheels effects on the seat. With original JetSeat motors layout 4 wheels effect partially projected on the seat and partially on the backrest.
And yes, this version features a fabric cover as well as a compact size in order to fit racing bucket seats better.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back