'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Hi Andre,

I have recently bought a Jetseat (from these very forums), and also SSW software. Generally loving the added immersion in AC, particularly the wheel slip and damage feeling :)

I do have 1 issue I don't know if you can help with? I don't have any effect for gear changes (at all).

My setup is motherboard USB to Jetseat and all sounds to Bluetooth headset.
Hi Mr Chip,
may I see your SSW settings for AC screenshot?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sure - Will add later when I get a chance.

SSW_Settings.png

NB: I have also tried Gear shift at 0% (default) and 100%, with no effect.

Upvote 0
Looks good, thank you.
What if you uncheck (disable) all the effects except Gear Shift and enable Log To Screen? Will you be able to see gear shifts in the log textbox?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 611728

Hello,
I installed two reckhorn bs200i to my rig, one under the pedals and one under the seat. Should I set "max channel" option to mono or stereo? I know there is probably answer to this question in this thread, but it would take ages to find one.

Upvote 0
Would mono work with 2 kickers and enable the same output on each? I have a similar setup and have always ran (2) stereo option. I don't want left right separation, maybe I should select mono instead?

Edit: Just clicked the test button with mono enabled and I only get output on the seat kicker, not pedals. So maybe I had it setup correctly after all.

Upvote 0
Strange. Pretty much the same as mine, but I don't use Asus card, I use the on-board. Only one unit works in test when mono selected. Perhaps it's the way I have them physically connected.

I don't really care, other than the fact that L/R stereo doesn't work well when you have a unit at the seat and one at the pedals. You can't use certain effects, and have to rely on adjusting the files to make stereo effect behave like mono.

Upvote 0
Strange one this @=Andre= . Running 2.37 and had my settings just the way I like them in AMS.

Noticed a lot less vibrations recently. Played with the settings today and disabled all settings except wheel slip/wear. Even with filtering at 0% and jetseat gain at 100% no effects are felt and no effects are logged in the software if logging is enabled. That is with me doing a burn out to test or slamming on the brakes and locking all wheels.

*edit*
In addition to this the "Curbs and Bumpy Terrain" checkbox for AMS does nothing. If I enable toe Project cars check box then I get the terrain effects (felt and logged) but no curb effects felt or logged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Jim,
Thank you for the feedback. I've just rechecked on my PC with AMS, I can feel the Slip/Wear effect well.
The effect is based on tire wear data, please check is that allowed in your AMS setup.
Although I can't see the way tire wear may be directly switched on/off in AMS settings, I confirm that with Hardcore difficulty preset I can feel the effect.

I can feel both terrain and curbs effect with AMS also on my PC. "Curbs and Bumpy Terrain" checkboxes logic is fixed in the next version 2.38, which is currently available in beta branch.

Upvote 0
Ahh yes. I remember I disabled it when testing some setups. Thanks for that. I'll try that next time I load AMS.

I create evoHUD+ (a HUD for AMS) and so I have a little knowledge of the data made available by the game.There is a tire slip / tire grip value for each tire. Might this be better to use than tire wear?

I'll try curbs at various tracks with different cars. Maybe me setting my tires to no wear is affecting this also.

Thank you for the rapid reply on a Sunday evening.

Upvote 0
Ahh yes. I remember I disabled it when testing some setups. Thanks for that. I'll try that next time I load AMS.

I create evoHUD+ (a HUD for AMS) and so I have a little knowledge of the data made available by the game.There is a tire slip / tire grip value for each tire. Might this be better to use than tire wear?
I think I will let you to chose which data to use with a separated Slip and Wear effects soon. As for me, I prefer to use wear data.
I don't think I will somehow use grip data.

Upvote 0
Sounds good. Yes tire slip data for slip and tire wear data for wear. There isn't a grip value but people often associate the slip value with how much grip (or lack of grip) they have.

Great work once again.

Upvote 0
Looks good, thank you.
What if you uncheck (disable) all the effects except Gear Shift and enable Log To Screen? Will you be able to see gear shifts in the log textbox?

Apologies Andre, I have only just been able to check this.

Everything appears to be working fine - I get the gear change report in the log window, and it is noticeable at 100%, with no other effects activated.

I think I just need to play around with the other effects, in order not to "drown out" the gear change!

(I take it there is no way of going above 100%) for that effect?!)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back