'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
So having several people give feedback regards custom effects I have shared or continued to work on, it appears there still is a desire for better engine sensations.

I will suggest here what I did in some PM to people that what we are missing is a "Speed Based" engine waveform. The issue I think is that as the (wav) operate via a loop we then get repetition in the engine sensation. Yet we need variation to its sensation via the rpm and the velocity of the car.

In comparison to what is possible say in SV we currently do not have a "Speed Based" layer/effect. This would require the ability in the controls to determine the speed (via slider) the effect begins to fade in and possibly the option for it to then repeat continuously to the cars max speed or the ability to also determine (via slider) the speed it fades out or stops operating.

I know this could improve engines further but all I can do is suggest it here to be considered.
I also query that if we are restricted/short on effects numbers if "Damage" effect is any good for people on the various sims?

Can someone clarify or give their views with all the different sims, is this effect to represent "engine or other car failures" or to also operate in crashes etc? How many sims if it is the only effect being used are we certain it operates?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I turn damage off. I let the V3 platform take care off that, and also the OSW as well. It wouldn't hurt to have it on, but the with Mini LFE's knocking problem, the spike is not worth it to me, yet.

Upvote 0
I get the same problem with the knocking my butt kickers from damage, I turn it off also

Is it a particular sim this happens with, also only when "Damage" is active?

Many of the other effects have a response in off-track or contact with other cars, so to me this effect is perhaps not that important? Unless that is, if its purpose is more for other car failures, but then what actual damage are we talking about here? Is it engine, gears etc and if it will operate with several potential car failures, then what type of response should a waveform for it be anyways?

Upvote 0
Damage is just for outside physical damage. When you're hit, or hit a wall. I doubt that if you blow an engine, the shakers explode. I've never tried it, but to my knowledge it's reserved for physical body damage.

Upvote 0
bought it recently ,i got only on butkicker the game edition ,i just use the defaults ,and im satisfied,i have download the profiles from the site ,and i like the way it feels,but im wondering since people here using them for sims of racing and flight ,why noone ever asked about 1st person games profiles etc ,i wonder if andre has plans for that !!i would like to have the same feeling form my butkicker or even people who bought the seat when i play call of duty ,etc....

Upvote 0
Damage is just for outside physical damage. When you're hit, or hit a wall. I doubt that if you blow an engine, the shakers explode. I've never tried it, but to my knowledge it's reserved for physical body damage.

If that's what you find regards "most sims" then it really is not much benefit as an individual effect.
I say this as many of the effects respond to impacts with walls or other cars anyways. In AC I developed my own effects with it always off.

What I found, unlike how default effects are all using the same/similar .wav and frequencies. It was possible to then have the effects (that do operate with impacts/contact) work together in bringing their own frequencies/character via their own unique waveforms which I think combines into a generally good sensation anyways.

Upvote 0
It might be good for people that don't run motion, for instance, to feel if someone has nudged you from behind to let you know that they are close. But for me, I get that through movement so it's not needed. The wheel may also give feedback if it jolts the front wheels so there is also that.

Upvote 0
It might be good for people that don't run motion, for instance, to feel if someone has nudged you from behind to let you know that they are close. But for me, I get that through movement so it's not needed. The wheel may also give feedback if it jolts the front wheels so there is also that.

Other effects are also producing a response to this scenario......
But if "Damage" is also on and uses the same waveform then I question what is the benefits or point in having it?

With your own rig, what do you feel in your feet, lower legs or are they not important to immersion? To say such is not needed gives the impression having such is not worthwhile just because your seat moves.

This a view I feel you would not have if you experienced the larger Buttkickers operating well at the front of your rig and paired with more in the seat. To then help to fully encompass the body and work with the motion if the user has motion.

We have excellent potential with the wav creation and placing tactile in body regions that can increase the immersion, be it with or without motion. Of course though with this type of effect the bigger the BK unit used the more satisfying "crashes" can feel and certainly much different to smaller units or what the Jetseat would produce.

For me, while I get a nice amount of strength from the Clark TST 429 units for such an effect its an entirely different level if compared to 4-6 of the largest BK units used to represent such impacts going directly into multiple body regions and not just the seat.

Surely then motion doesn't replace tactile immersion, nor does tactile immersion bring what motion achieves. Yet this is why the leader in the industry supports both (D-box being even too extreme in strength) and even why the VR3 is attempting to accomplish having tactile and motion combined.

The question is what can we achieve if we get creative and seek new potential heights?
We have the opportunity to bring the best tactile experience, with various levels of hardware achieving different levels of potential.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It might be good for people that don't run motion, for instance, to feel if someone has nudged you from behind to let you know that they are close.

Hmm... hadn't thought of this. Probably the best reason to have it on. I certainly have been bumped from behind and only noticed it due to visual ques more than ffb (don't think I've felt it through the wheel). Will have to play with this.

Upvote 0
bought it recently ,i got only on butkicker the game edition ,i just use the defaults ,and im satisfied,i have download the profiles from the site ,and i like the way it feels,but im wondering since people here using them for sims of racing and flight ,why noone ever asked about 1st person games profiles etc ,i wonder if andre has plans for that !!i would like to have the same feeling form my butkicker or even people who bought the seat when i play call of duty ,etc....
You do realise SSW uses sim telemetry data to generate the tactile effects? What kind of telemetry do you expect from any first person shooter? :unsure:

Upvote 0
=Andre= knew that to ,but i pointed the same question to ssw on facebook ,but never been answered !!
Oh man, I've answered your questions at FB, despite of that wasn't always easy to understand, as we can see on the screenshot attached. At least I've answered every sentence with question mark on the end.
Regarding the ideas, to be honest, I do not feel myself to be obliged to react or comment every idea I was told. We've got a lot of ideas in the world, the question is who is going to be in charge to implement all that stuff.

Attachments

• 2018-06-05 13-53-08 SimShaker-Wheels — Яндекс.Браузер.png
    2018-06-05 13-53-08 SimShaker-Wheels — Яндекс.Браузер.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling