'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
you could said ,that you wont planning to do something like that ,but i like when people take a question by the ? mark ...

i didnt forced you? to make such as program ?i just gave you an idea ?
but man when you talk to customers ?you should talk different ?you sell a software ?i bought it and gave you an idea?
even what you said now? that you dont feel obliged to a customer ?its not good for you ?
cause you sell software and hardware?people read ,reputation is moving on ?

so i guess i could just shut up?and take it as it is ?or maybe get a refund also ?for this attitude..?

i wish i had kept also the conversation to place it here also ..

Upvote 0
you could said ,that you wont planning to do something like that ,but i like when people take a question by the ? mark ...

i didnt forced you? to make such as program ?i just gave you an idea ?
but man when you talk to customers ?you should talk different ?you sell a software ?i bought it and gave you an idea?
even what you said now? that you dont feel obliged to a customer ?its not good for you ?
cause you sell software and hardware?people read ,reputation is moving on ?

so i guess i could just shut up?and take it as it is ?or maybe get a refund also ?for this attitude..?

i wish i had kept also the conversation to place it here also ..
Thank you for the feedback.

Upvote 0
Oh man, I've answered your questions at FB, despite of that wasn't always easy to understand, as we can see on the screenshot attached. At least I've answered every sentence with question mark on the end.
Regarding the ideas, to be honest, I do not feel myself to be obliged to react or comment every idea I was told. We've got a lot of ideas in the world, the question is who is going to be in charge to implement all that stuff.

Speaking casually for my own input, indeed ideas offered are presented for consideration not necessarily expected to be rushed in or indeed even implemented. I don't know why this is like a touchy subject here.

You have stated in the past you want more collaboration, people like myself with experience with multichannel or differing tactile models are able to work towards the effects side of things. Yet we are not encouraged much to do this. On these forums is the ability to ignore or listen to the community. If I may highlight something. So far, you have generally been very good to past suggestions some others or myself have made. This is greatly appreciated.

Altering the engine to bring "RPM limit"control. You also brought the requested ability to have "Surface" and "Bumps" separated.

On both occasions, these have worked to increase or better improve the immersion possible. You have also fixed bug issues or made other UI improvements. Therefore SSW today is much better than it was 12 months ago. Why, well much because of this thread and ideas presented or feedback given.

So it appears with each addition you are improving SSW to compete against rival software, therefore your own sales by doing such will surely improve as will more people start to take notice.

Custom Effects Interaction?
May I ask, what you want from the file creation side of things as really if you want such made available within SSW or how folders may incorporate different sets lets make it happen. This seems to of been an issue in the past.

Very few people it seems are attempting to build their own custom effects or share such and really doing this, needs the effects tested on various tactile. Somone offering an effect that works well on their own configuration may not come across as good on another persons setup/installation. My own private testing with people over the last few months confirms this. It was this reason I requested you remove the link to past files I had shared. Simply because more has been learned and better files were possible.

I can tell you that from extensive testing, how some effects feel can vary quite a lot between typical magnet based models and those using pistons like Buttkickers. The dB of the effects amplitude applied in accordance with the frequencies used are essential. With the different models on the market, you have a balance of units that can deliver more punch or low end below 30Hz Vs those that can bring more detail over the 60Hz range. So the idea that a single .wav created can work ideally or be great on all units is not possible.

What my own ideas or testing highlighted to me was bringing the ability to have a transition of both the amplitude and then lowering or increasing the frequencies used within the wav. Having that does let us better achieve a response more suitable to the individual tactile installed or indeed the users own preferences.

We all want the best potential the software can bring. Yet still some improvements can be made, it's up to you to decide how you apply your own time or determine what gets priority. Its your software....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OH good GOD people!!!!!!
I believe we have a language problem here that is causing all this anger!
Humor does NOT translate well between two or more languages and sometimes some small innocent comment goes misinterpreted.
Please stop this!!!!!
It does nothing to help make this software better.
Just sayin'

Upvote 0
WOW. You are damn right, man!
I'm sure I had asked you to slow down and let me live my own life.

Ahhh but you can retire early if you work harder now lol :)

What is the issue here? Who forces you to implement suggested improvements, who put a deadline or timing on such? I see nothing of the sort posted here and if anything on more than one occasion the opposite in fact as highlighted no-one expects things to happen so suddenly.

What you bring in improvements will generate more sales, so isn't that what you want?
Can that not help towards your life? You need to chill out as being sarcastic or aggressive with people that buy your software or do things to help is hardly beneficial for them or you.

Your reactions seem OTT and a bit insulting over what?
Potential Suggestions to improve YOUR software, free help towards better effect files that are proven to make your software experience better and bring...... you more business.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mr Latte, please stop repeatedly crossing my personal borders here.
My profit, my sales, my retirement, my golas, my desires, every aspect of my life are belongs to me. I respect you, but those are completely out of your business.
I haven't asked your for judgment or advice regarding my life aspects. I consider repetitive judgments or advice as attempt to force me to do something what I may not want to do.
I haven't asked you for promotion. If your promote SimShaker - Wheels software by your own initiative, this doesn't give you any special rights to influence on my life.

This is SimShaker - Wheels support thread. It's mainly intended to help SimShaker - Wheels users if they encounter issues with the software. We can discuss also further improvements of the software here, but that is not the main purpose of my presence in this particular thread, let's keep those in reasonable borders.
Please do not use the tread for other purposes. As a thread starter and supporting staff, I do not appreciate that. Please keep your posts brief and not repetitive.

The above-mentioned I concern as a background wanted for the collaboration. If you do not accept those principles I don't think we have a chance to fall into step.

If you do not stop crossing my personal borders (only in this case), my only choice will be asking forum admins to block your access to this thread or leaving this thread if I will not found the understanding. Otherwise, any appropriate to this thread goals activity is welcomed.

Upvote 0
Mr Latte, please stop repeatedly crossing my personal borders here.
My profit, my sales, my retirement, my golas, my desires, every aspect of my life are belongs to me. I respect you, but those are completely out of your business.
I haven't asked your for judgment or advice regarding my life aspects. I consider repetitive judgments or advice as attempt to force me to do something what I may not want to do.
I haven't asked you for promotion. If your promote SimShaker - Wheels software by your own initiative, this doesn't give you any special rights to influence on my life.

This is SimShaker - Wheels support thread. It's mainly intended to help SimShaker - Wheels users if they encounter issues with the software. We can discuss also further improvements of the software here, but that is not the main purpose of my presence in this particular thread, let's keep those in reasonable borders.
Please do not use the tread for other purposes. As a thread starter and supporting staff, I do not appreciate that. Please keep your posts brief and not repetitive.

The above-mentioned I concern as a background wanted for the collaboration. If you do not accept those principles I don't think we have a chance to fall into step.

If you do not stop crossing my personal borders (only in this case), my only choice will be asking forum admins to block your access to this thread or leaving this thread if I will not found the understanding. Otherwise, any appropriate to this thread goals activity is welcomed.

Well thank you for explaining such

Fully understood but you appear to miss humour at times, or ignore the several occasions where you are complimented for making such changes. Suggestions made were highlighted on more than one occasion to be only that. Therefore ZERO pressure was being put on you whatsoever to full fill such. I don't understand how you feel pressured whatsoever. You are the one that brought "your life" into the discussion and making such drama over it.

You do not have a general discussion thread for your software so where else should we discuss things about it, have made such suggestions or ask for improvements to be made? Any further PMs etc I get regards your software, be it queries, problems or those seeking help I will respond that people contact you directly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this has gotten a little out of control at this point. I understand Andre's frustration with the seemingly endless barrage of requests for features and functions to be added to the software. I agree that this is not the point of this thread. Simple suggestions (not demands) to improve current aspects of the software already implemented are probably already borderline. This is a thread constructed as a portal for users who have issues with getting basic functions to work.

I also understand the enthusiasm for users for whom this is a passion. It can be very exciting to see a program come to light that helps you achieve things you have been working towards for a long period of time.

The personal nature of the thread is already a welcome situation, as it's rare that you get to converse with the person responsible for the creation of a product available for public sale. I doubt people are telling Thomas at Fanatec how and what to implement into their new Podium series of direct drive wheels and high end sim gear. Nor would he put up with it. Andre may not be looking to settle his mortgage with this software and it's none of our business to tell him that it could or should.

The software is functional, and does a decent job of what it's designed to do. The ability to create files is outlined and encouraged by users to get the most out of their tactile units. Someone spending 1000 hours on something doesn't mean everyone needs to do the same thing.

Perhaps people could get back to the spirit of the threads' intentions. Without the personal stuff. There are certainly some things that I think Andre would be happy to look at if it means a better quality of life for users, but that's up to him to take the suggestion and decide whether it's feasible and if it's something he is prepared to spend time on.

I am hoping to see SSW mature and become a product I use in daily sim racing, Right now, I still find myself going back to it, even in its unrefined form (for my personal tactile units that give me some trouble with it).

Upvote 0
Guys,
hopefully a published beta version 2.38, featuring a couple of new effects, would provide us with a better "food" for further discussion.
Change log as usually is available from within a SSW launcher window.
If you already have Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) installed please pay attention to this my post, regarding some Windows 10 April 2018 Update issue and the way to overcome it.

Upvote 0
@=Andre= Absolutely loving the front/rear l/r slip effect. I get understeer, I feel it under my feet, get oversteer, feel it under my seat. Brilliant!

I do have something weird going on that isn't due to SSW. I'm using my onboard Realtek soundcard for SSW. Haven't had problems with it before but it seems suddenly it isn't outputting full volume though I do have the levels set at 100%. I bumped up the volume on my DSP to 9:00 but I still have to have SSW gain set to 100% gain to get effects for bump effects. The highest I had ever gone was around 70% gain and that was with lower volumes on my amp.

Thanks for the work around with Defender. Worked like a charm.

Anyway, if you have any ideas about my volume issue, I'm all ears. Still troubleshooting. Again, has nothing to do with the beta and/or SSW in general. Weird that it suddenly happened. At first I thought maybe it had something to do with 1803 but I got the update on 5/13 and I was fine just a few days ago. If I have to, I'll switch the SSW feed to my Audigy card to see if the same thing happens.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the feedback, Hiro Abe :)
I think I haven't touched levels in this update. May be you've got Compressor option enabled? That could limit the output SSW volume level. Please check.

Upvote 0
Hi Andre,

I have recently bought a Jetseat (from these very forums), and also SSW software. Generally loving the added immersion in AC, particularly the wheel slip and damage feeling :)

I do have 1 issue I don't know if you can help with? I don't have any effect for gear changes (at all).

My setup is motherboard USB to Jetseat and all sounds to Bluetooth headset.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back