'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Mr Chip,
Thank you for the update!
You can try to make the effect longer in order to get it more noticeable. You will want to edit 1.uwv file with UWV editor. More details in SimShaker - Wheels User Guide.

Upvote 0
Andrei-

Been meaning to ask you about the road bump effect, mono vs stereo. I noticed that when in 6 channel mode, the mono bump effect is not used. I have one transducer for my seat so via Audacity, I've got it set that both left and right bump is sent to the one channel. This has been working but I was wondering if there is a better way to do this. Is there anyway to invoke the mono waveform - 6.wav - when in 6 channel mode?

Upvote 0
If you mean using just 6.wav Road Bump (Both Sides) vs 4.wav Road Bump (Left Side) and 5.wav Road Bump (Right Side), that seems not to be a better way, since every above mentioned sample may be called by SSW.

Upvote 0
If you mean using just 6.wav Road Bump (Both Sides) vs 4.wav Road Bump (Left Side) and 5.wav Road Bump (Right Side), that seems not to be a better way, since every above mentioned sample may be called by SSW.

Not quite. Since I use one transducer for my seat, ideally, I would like to use 6.wav.

Upvote 0
I take it that this would be the same for a 2 channel stereo setup? I want to try and get away from the left right separation as well as I have 2 units but not set left and right. I've been thinking of moving my pedal unit to the seat but there may not be enough room. It also might be directing too much energy to the one spot. Ideally I'd like mono effects for left and right output.

I'll get Audacity and see what I may be able to do with it. Never bothered to alter the files to this point.

Upvote 0
Andre, congratulions!!!!!! You have made an amazing work with the 2.38 with iracing :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now you can fell stereo vibration in the kerbs, it is a great sensation. And also if the right side of the car is outside the track only vibrates the right side of the Gametrix Jetseat, the same for the left side.

I can say now that your software is the best, better than anyone with iracing. I recomend Gametrix Jetseat + Simshaker to all racing users.

Upvote 0
Thank you Ziggy :)
I've found the way iRacing reports kerbs in telemetry and that was helpful.

I haven't touched iRacing bumps in 2.38 but I had refactored it a couple of times in the previous versions. It should be more intensive and natural, hopefully, as a result.

Upvote 0
Hi Andre

Ive just downloaded your software to try out but when i click test nothing happens, i have the on board sound card selected, which no other device uses. When i click test in the sound card options i do get audio out the transducers. Please see the attached images for how its set up, i have 2 adx maximus transducers with an smsl amp if that makes any difference.

Any ideas to point me in the right direction please?

Sidenote, is your shop webpage down? I get an error when trying to access it

Thanks

Attachments

• audio set up.PNG
    audio set up.PNG
    370 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Xr4eyes,
is Realtek Digital Output the output you have connected your smsl amp?
I can't tell it for sure from the screenshot given.

I can see the shop website working, except a known trouble with PayPal payments. What kind of error have you got?

Upvote 0
Hi Xr4eyes,
is Realtek Digital Output the output you have connected your smsl amp?
I can't tell it for sure from the screenshot given.

I can see the shop website working, except a known trouble with PayPal payments. What kind of error have you got?

It seems like i had a blonde moment yesterday, my amp is connected to the speaker output not the digital!

It was error 500 if i recall correctly but its working now.

Thanks for respondning and sorry for wasting your time

Upvote 0
A post I made in the tactile thread, maybe some help can be found here:

So I've had a go at editing the SSW files in Audacity, to see if I can alter them to fit the Mini LFE's a little better. It's quite confusing. I have been able to get some things to work, but I am struggling to actually edit the existing file and also find out its properties. One thing I have been able to do (pretty much the only thing) is use Generate, Tone, and then enter the frequency and amplitude. That works but it changes the entire effect, and also the window never initially shows the value of the file, it only stays at the last thing that you changed. Basically it looks like I am generating generic tones with none of the character of the old tone.

Anything I am missing or doing wrong? Or am I misunderstanding how the program works? All I want is to change the existing frequency to something that feels better for my units. Even doing it this way, I have been able to achieve a much more satisfying braking downforce feeling without any rattle or knocking on the Mini.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline