'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Just tried my new Buttkicker Gamer 2 for the first time. Question:

Why do the SimShaker Wheels presets all have identical settings? I loaded 5 different presets and all have 50% for the first row of general settings and 0% for the bottom row. Are they all supposed to be the same?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
raceroom was updated today and since this update simshaker 2.37 no longer handles the different effects correctly. it's very random the effects are not coherent
the telemetry raceroom data may have been modified.

Upvote 0
Hi guys. Just tried my new Buttkicker Gamer 2 for the first time. Question:

Why do the SimShaker Wheels presets all have identical settings? I loaded 5 different presets and all have 50% for the first row of general settings and 0% for the bottom row. Are they all supposed to be the same?
Those are just some default settings, you can modify them as you like.

Upvote 0
Still having issues here is what it looks like. Cannt get ssw to take over my shakers. Hopefully this pic can help with diagnosis. Again sorry for the n00b issues here...not a computer genuis by any stretch.

I tried both with and without the box for exclusive control by applications allowed in Windows Sound for the onboard realtek soundcard that signals my amp running the transducers.

I'm having this exact same issue. I'm a previous customer and own the SimShaker Module for DCS, but I just can't seem to get the SimShaker - Wheels to work at all. I've tried it in exclusive mode and also with that unchecked, neither way works.

Upvote 0
Hello exxxxec,
this part sounds a bit strange for me.
After selecting the sound card the app should restart. Does it?
What is the version number of SimShaker - Wheels?

This is the same problem I'm having (NaudioPlaybackEngine: could not initialize playback device). After selecting the sound card, the application does not restart. I'm using Windows 7.

Upvote 0
Could you please give me a full text of the error message?

Thank you for using SimShaker - Wheels!
Drive with pleasure :)
11:44:50.690 Got common settings from CommonData.cfg
11:44:50.700 0+
11:44:50.701 1+
11:44:50.701 2+
11:44:50.759 SimShaker - Wheels | version 2.37 Started
11:44:50.760 NaudioPlaybackEngine: could not initialize playback device. Please check if exclusive control by applications is allowed at Windows Sound->Playback devices->Your Device->Propeties->Advanced tab.
SimShaker output to bass-shakers disabled, please try again.

This happens right after I select Bass Shakers, before I'm able to select a sound card. This also happens with or without exclusive mode enabled.

Upvote 0
If no sound card selected yet, SSW will try to use the one, marked as default in your system. Have you checked that default sound card has exclusive control allowed?

Upvote 0
If no sound card selected yet, SSW will try to use the one, marked as default in your system. Have you checked that default sound card has exclusive control allowed?

Thank you.

That solved the issue. I had to set the default to the sound card then back to my Oculus Rift. Once I did that I could save it and it works. You might want to re-engineer how this works as it's very confusing and I've seen several people on this thread with the same issue. Perhaps you could allow the user to select the sound card first, rather than just using the default, which might not be the intended device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It should keep the settings even in demo mode. There should not be that error more. Please recheck.
I think I will desable exclusive control mode by default in the next version.

Upvote 0
It should keep the settings even in demo mode. There should not be that error more. Please recheck.
I think I will desable exclusive control mode by default in the next version.

Yes, thank you. I edited my post as I just tested and the demo does indeed hold the settings once you get past the error. Thanks for the support, I think you've made another sale. Take care.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm driving in RRRE, haven't noticed any changes in SSW behaviour so far.
I couldn't find telemetry changes in change log from Sector3 Studios.
Should I look for some particular issue?

sometimes the effects remain blocked at 100%
sometimes the effects are very weak
sometimes the effects are not coherent; for example, right-side lateral vibrations on a right-hand turn while lateral vibrations should be on the left-hand side

I have never encountered these problems before the raceroom update of 20.06

I do not speak English ; this is a google translation

Upvote 0
sometimes the effects remain blocked at 100%
sometimes the effects are very weak
sometimes the effects are not coherent; for example, right-side lateral vibrations on a right-hand turn while lateral vibrations should be on the left-hand side

I have never encountered these problems before the raceroom update of 20.06

I do not speak English ; this is a google translation
Looks like as an overloaded CPU. Do you have a CPU headroom space while playing?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline