'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
The slider turning red got my attention when this was implemented, lol :roflmao:
Sending you new files soon Scot you can try and see how they feel.

I have Bumps at 70 and Surface usually between 5-10 Threshold
Although being custom files they have very different wav

Currently, the default files are the exact same (bumps/surface) so this brings much less variation in potential feel.

For me, having surface implemented brings what we sought after. Lots of surface activity and detail but less activity yet good and strong energy with bumps. Really feel now much more from the tracks.

Good afternoon Mr.Latte
would you be so kind to let me try those? That is the exact feeling I am looking for! I will pm you my email if you wouldn't mind sharing those.

Upvote 0
Please set Road Bumps Filtering Threshold value higher than Road Surface Filtering Threshold, having in mind that events with input signal level higher than Road Bumps Filtering Threshold won't be played in Road Surface effect. Keep Filtering Threshold labels colored black, but not red.

Worked like a charm, Andrei. Also, when I started playing with the slider settings between Road Bumps and Road Surface, it then hit me how the two interact. Made sense. Nicely implemented, sir!

Many thanks! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I have 2 complete buttkickers
Simulation kits 2 individual amps. I have this kit but 2 of them
https://thebuttkicker.com/bk-sk/

Okay, can you confirm if you have these set up as Stereo L/R or installed as one on seat and one on pedals? These units are almost identical to the BK Gamer (2ohm) but just in a Mini Lfe casing. They may perform similarly but have some differences with the low-mid bass frequencies in the character of the unit.

Although some users have stated the mechanical arm of the "Gamer" extends the level of intensity.

Upvote 0
I actually have them under my seat on my rig. I have a RSeat N1 race rig as shown in the pic and I have a plate that mounts under the seat to hold 2 different butt kickers, left side and right side. I have it going out on L/R speakers, and it does separate it but at times it is hard to tell which side is performing because the feedback is not exactly separated. I also run a sim racing bay large mige Direct Drive and at times the feedback from that is tremendous. This rig is like a tuning fork, I feel the feedback from the bass shakers all the way back to my hands lol

Attachments

• rseat-n1-black-black-upgrades.jpg
    rseat-n1-black-black-upgrades.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 0
I´ve only heard of Simshaker Wheels today and despite reading all the 40 pages I have some noob questions. I have a Realtek onboard audio card and a USB Creative that I don´t use anymore, because my Buttkicker Gamer 2 works better with the Realtek.

I tried SSW with AC in my luchtime, a few hours ago and AC was kinda mute, except for the central speaker (5.1 Logitech speakers). Time was out and I went back to work. I have to check the properties of sound tab to see if exclusive use is checked. No sound at all, except for the central speaker, acting like a subwoofer. With SSW running the audio driver option in AC is unavaiable. Is that the case to use an ASIO driver? Should I use the USB sound card instead of the Realtek onboard?

Another question: is mono, stereo and 6(5.1) related to the number of transducers I have, or is it related to the speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Luis Carlos

Upvote 0
I think that's quite possible if SSW and AC use the same sound cards, since by default SSW takes exclusive control over the sound card. I think you should select in SSW dropdown a dedicated sound card.

>>Should I use the USB sound card instead of the Realtek onboard?
Will that be the USB sound card or the Realtek onboard is up to you, depends on your configuration.

>>Is that the case to use an ASIO driver?
I don't think so. ASIO drivers required only if number of bass-shakers (channels) is more than 2.

>>is mono, stereo and 6(5.1) related to the number of transducers I have, or is it related to the speakers?
That's related to the number of transducers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I actually have them under my seat on my rig. I have a RSeat N1 race rig as shown in the pic and I have a plate that mounts under the seat to hold 2 different butt kickers, left side and right side. I have it going out on L/R speakers, and it does separate it but at times it is hard to tell which side is performing because the feedback is not exactly separated. I also run a sim racing bay large mige Direct Drive and at times the feedback from that is tremendous. This rig is like a tuning fork, I feel the feedback from the bass shakers all the way back to my hands lol

Okay send me a PM if you want and I will send some files.
The only request is that you give feedback and spend some time helping to find sensations/settings that suit your units. It would save me time and effort if you can purchase the SSW 6 Channel update. That way I dont have to convert each file I send you from 6-2 channel. You can then use your seat as the front channels (green output). See Andre's guide on how to setup for 6 channel and using ASIO.

Upvote 0
I can buy that, and I don't mind giving feedback now that I am understanding this a lot more. I will pm you and send over the 6-2 channel. Thank you very much

Upvote 0
Andre, sorry to bother you again with noob questions and the poor quality video. I tried SSW again, yesterday night when I got home. This time I opened AC first and checked the sound tab, everything was ok, then I run SSW and AC was kinda muted, except for central speaker and maybe subwoofer. No response at all from Buttkicker, nor error messages. Exclusive use on sound properties is on.

I know the audio and video quality are very poor, but you can hear then engine of the car from 0:00 till 0:09 when I open SSW, the the sound practically mutes and the Buttkicker stops.

33V35W7tH-pVe3asrV1XJp0E38oWn0PQVGz_SxqnDBaYY91lXKmWMiORud-P09bWdFgdqse5kRFPdguuWBPRTpGhKMzKAhnEO0_EiBzJH0QWQ4WvmQ8ELWjyQ5NaKFQo4nMUozOnGlKmhn26xIigOMOWBqPMzF7G5XiSV723KkHs74wJE9Oxqrxpc_a5LGVQRYqyTJPVDIpp6ohMcktgjHKGLQyHQX2YKZWmeW8MJWdX0CptI4KHkOKsFlIEmeU7_ZO3yVf5L6Bquea9rYI6A4X-Za6EC7bGId1AX8qJlHcKiwmyfBU7DC5VCBB_9SmCVdLudYbSLDr9rhGpxANWLvbPAouOJJ89A1gkV50BGjtePFpNU0wdaTpv0H_tArlkIrkq5Jud1nDlhoFburdEXd9Lbj4o8ZrNlWdw1WLTslXrsf_byZoWrl_47DtHD4pKBQ6pXsETotbpPuikPH3CadezNj27D0sWnq-EXCno1NVaRcVsI3jlI51Nrpql4m_sU3GHL54sEKWjCIG_-0UFIw_43ALqo85s8ZlhbfV_1nkkRxRB1mA_6ErCQ7Bw1jCAC3VSDiMGq2_rON_MB9sjC2sVszRjYdD5TMYLAsJq=w726-h600-no

XeIdUkCZTnrcsLNr7RyzwpZsy89WcfdRyR5_d_hFh9TsO3mj4pKK7pl57H1kAlvzboXjwvW93JolCnIuqJY_n98OVnW5nMC8a9KvlxN8XOWvafgX1UqYK4uZBWHkm_A51u17yK7W5KWuY6lHCBSXjWcYyc5khRl4AKOWDooDvtxNf7zs1yqKEjorELiYW6nO4Iv7Bwbyrixkc8a4wnv6CZoHg6osX1ElFkXRHHXld9pUUHjPJdeWQDqNjB6D9Nq2OToa57nEXBQ3FAjyGdvE-1MUahVg51BRcO8QLs_9GkrsWBzctkdDroZwo2lE8417eKgpgeDbSPs7ZizYL3oBHcNVpG87pHdTqKo8R5_zy7lgLRMP0lLwmHaeTFn2nGZKVhRTaz8VMsu0R90wAt1wd8Xu3ICJqXgOAehOqDN1pHW9UQFCb_tc7HhjB313VEFda3PH0NcxJFanmP_nE6BfpBEMucZ5NSFnbYKLWsroDIRgZAgohU-0i55MsiprQ7SxMiBTgmLzgch1QcjWkXaoqIngqxbth-vdSHtcgz_gwI4N7G2GCyGL8rHW0uOrSMmBFrNjowRYA3YiLXdXK4XRrWZbYKIHgVhpPtXZfJSD=w1237-h798-no

[

Upvote 0
Luis Carlos, I still suggest that SSW and AC use the same sound card, which would be wrong. The idea behind SSW that it uses a dedicated sound card, connected to the Buttkicker only.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back