Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Hi guys. just want to say I got inspired by all the superb looking sims in this forum thread.
45781816324_5465f043f5_b.jpg

31565544247_82fbaaafdb_c.jpg

31565544287_b6a9fae41d_c.jpg

31565544357_b2d413829e_b.jpg
31565544377_9276a39832_c.jpg
45592320615_86cbcb0d07_c.jpg
45781816434_b2d413829e_c.jpg
45592320785_998892cf6e_c.jpg
45781816554_c8b87b9a64_b.jpg
45781816774_a05e407348_b.jpg
Wow brilliant work

Time to join the ship. Here is my endgame, waiting for SimXperience to launch their new tactile kit and I am done for a long while. I went with the folding chair so I can compact everything if I need to in a really small footprint. The Sennheiser sw+headphones combo is superior than Atmos+hi-end cans.

To my mind a real size wheel like the 488GT3 replica (I also have a GT) provides much more detail than a smaller wheel like 27 cm Formula Carbo if you have enough juice. The AF has plenty.

I really have to thank Open Sim Racing, SimXperience and Next Level Motion for their great customer service and the outstanding quality of their products.

What I really have to complain here though, is the quality of the pictures!!!

IMG_20190106_113814.jpg
IMG_20190106_113308.jpg
IMG_20190106_113229.jpg

New gear and probably my final solution in stabilizing the rig (originally the GT Omega Wheel Stand); rig is practically rock solid now. A rig that wobbled in all directions with a G27 is now so stable that I can mount my center monitor a mere 2mm above my Fanatec CSW and the two never touch each other...ran the Fanatec FFB test program several times and ran a few races to confirm. It would be a pain to adjust the wheelbase height, but I have it dialed in for me so I won't be changing it. Not bad for $150 Wheel stand, I highly recommend doing this mod if you want near 80/20 aluminium rigidity without the high price :D

32760147718_432115f8e5_h.jpg

45719964905_d9455a72c5_h.jpg

Also used some 80/20 to create a more adjustable wheelbase platform. Wheel base can now slide forward/backward independently from the height adjustment, which was a big drawback to the wheelstand's design (what might be the right height may not be the right distance and vice versa, especially depending on the length of your legs to reach the pedals).

45910166904_a613c9135a_h.jpg

Finally, the rig is not heavy enough on its own (the side would lift up when making hard, sudden movements...and this was using a G27 and I weigh about 180 lbs, much less my current wheel). I used some old weights sitting on the pedal deck to solve this. Each block weighs 50 lbs.

39669653753_f979986925_h.jpg

Last here's a group photo of everything...just patiently waiting on the Fanatec H-shifter and handbrake to arrive and replace my aging G27 shifter and I'm done! (I think :roflmao:)

45719259665_6aa332eeb6_h.jpg

(Please pardon the dust: living in the tropics with no A/C is a recipe for frequently dusty rooms.)

Time to join the ship. Here is my endgame, waiting for SimXperience to launch their new tactile kit and I am done for a long while. I went with the folding chair so I can compact everything if I need to in a really small footprint. The Sennheiser sw+headphones combo is superior than Atmos+hi-end cans.

To my mind a real size wheel like the 488GT3 replica (I also have a GT) provides much more detail than a smaller wheel like 27 cm Formula Carbo if you have enough juice. The AF has plenty.

I really have to thank Open Sim Racing, SimXperience and Next Level Motion for their great customer service and the outstanding quality of their products.

What I really have to complain here though, is the quality of the pictures!!!

.View attachment 284820 View attachment 284821 View attachment 284822
How do you find the simworx pedals? Im savings for a set .i have the simworx long handled shifter and handbrake and love it

@Turvey I bet on the first batch and I am pretty happy with them coming from CS V3. My original intention was Ricmotech but was not happy in the way they handle the order twice. On the other hand SimworX did a very good job on keeping me posted all along although I am still waiting for some upgrades I was promised to.

Installation is straight forward and they have their own very basic but effective sw for the tune up.

Still wondering how it compares with a good set of pure hydraulic.

@Turvey I bet on the first batch and I am pretty happy with them coming from CS V3. My original intention was Ricmotech but was not happy in the way they handle the order twice. On the other hand SimworX did a very good job on keeping me posted all along although I am still waiting for some upgrades I was promised to.

Installation is straight forward and they have their own very basic but effective sw for the tune up.

Still wondering how it compares with a good set of pure hydraulic.
Not sure how they compare but the seem to have a solid reputation

So after cleaning and tidying setting the cave up the house got hit by lightning last night, most things were protected but lost a bit , xbone,ps4pro,stereo all fried pc survives have not turned the sim on yet waiting for someone to look at it but i don't think the news will be great.

So after cleaning and tidying setting the cave up the house got hit by lightning last night, most things were protected but lost a bit , xbone,ps4pro,stereo all fried pc survives have not turned the sim on yet waiting for someone to look at it but i don't think the news will be great.

Oh man, this is bad. I hope your unchecked gear is all good.

small apartament small room. Have to use imagination to fit all.

5S0Q87j.png

55" 4k tv that does 1440p@120hz extended all the way up to the wheel. About 4cm behind the wheel.
When not racing, it goes 60cm all the way back to the wall and i can use it as a normal pc monitor for games.

If I want to play competitive FPS's, the 27" 144hz Asus monitor to the right is on a vesa arm that rotates 180º to be 1cm in front of the TV. On the left there's another 27" 4K monitor that i use as support while racing.
They are all on VESA arms and can extend and twist anyway I want.

Not in the shot is the ikea chair with 5 bass shakers. But you can see where they plug in on those coaxial plugs bellow the desk on the left. :D

Speaking of desk, in those drawers bellow and to the left there's an odyssey+ that is already connected and I just have to wear it, no fuss.

On top, theres two 7.1ch home theater receivers that costed me pennies second hand. One does 7.1 surround sound for the PC, the other one also 7.1 that can drive 8 bass shakers.

The wheel is an t300rs alcantara.

As I don't have a space dedicated for simracing I built a Rig that can be put out of the way easily, but is ready to go in a matter of seconds. Also recently added a DIY-Loadcell Brake mod to my trusty old G25 Pedals. At the moment the Rig is not centered relative to the TV as I haven't used the TV for racing since I got my VR Headset (Lenovo Explorer) :)

P1040529_.jpg P1040530_.jpg P1040525_.jpg P1040527_.jpg

Yeah, futzing with swapping between a desktop with two monitors and a single TV screen was kind of working, but was too much futzing. I ended up throwing 1k USD at the problem and built a new gaming PC for the desktop and my old system runs the TV for tv/movies and sim racing, while my desktop PC is for all other gaming.

I'll be building my wheel stand two weekends from now. Here's the (mostly final) plan:

Well... it's been WAY longer than 2 weeks, but here's the final construction (ended up on Design 17A):

More detail images here!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back