Show us your Rig / Cockpit

this is my set up

Attachments

• my rig.jpg
    my rig.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 487
Looks tidy @Mascot in a nice room too.
How did the concerns with vibration noise levels into the floor and other rooms work out for you?

Would something like this be any benefit?
Or This option if placed under small plinths for the actuators.
There's no getting away from it - if you run one of these in an upstairs room suspended on timber joists then anyone directly below is going to know about it. I made some additional pads for under the light grey anti-vibration feet, consisting of a plastic disc with 8mm dense neoprene underneath. These seem to help.

LF95lu2.jpg

There are no cracks appearing in the ceiling below, anyway..!

There's no getting away from it - if you run one of these in an upstairs room suspended on timber joists then anyone directly below is going to know about it. I made some additional pads for under the light grey anti-vibration feet, consisting of a plastic disc with 8mm dense neoprene underneath. These seem to help.

LF95lu2.jpg

There are no cracks appearing in the ceiling below, anyway..!

I read of some people trying things like "fitness matts" or other rubber, however not all rubber based solutions may have sound-deadening/vibrational control properties. I recommend THESE as they form part of my own tactile vibration isolation I am using on my own build.

Using more than one method will also bring a reduction in vibrations to the floor.
Its worth experimenting.

Last edited:
Hey Mascot, what is the Sparco r333 like? Would a big guy fit in it okay, is it a large or small seat?

I love it. I wanted a recliner as I do all my gaming in the racing rig, and this one offers great support during motion and great comfort when not.
I'm 6ft1inch tall and slim build and it fits me well. Might be a little too narrow across the shoulders for big dudes.

Amazing stuff. Mascot, can you tell me the approx. cost of this DIY motion? Thanks!
Approx. £1,500, I think.

I love it. I wanted a recliner as I do all my gaming in the racing rig, and this one offers great support during motion and great comfort when not.
I'm 6ft1inch tall and slim build and it fits me well. Might be a little too narrow across the shoulders for big dudes.

Approx. £1,500, I think.

Thanks for that.

Approx. £1,500, I think.
Thanks for the info, I am 6 1 as well but very broad, this seat may be a bit small unfortunately, is a very nice looking seat.

What I would say is to definitely go for one that can be reclined. I have a fixed Sparco and its almost perfect but I just cant get enough lean back by a couple of degrees due to the seat base hitting the bolt head that secured the bracket (if anyone has a fix for this id appreciate it).

New gear and probably my final solution in stabilizing the rig (originally the GT Omega Wheel Stand); rig is practically rock solid now. A rig that wobbled in all directions with a G27 is now so stable that I can mount my center monitor a mere 2mm above my Fanatec CSW and the two never touch each other...ran the Fanatec FFB test program several times and ran a few races to confirm. It would be a pain to adjust the wheelbase height, but I have it dialed in for me so I won't be changing it. Not bad for $150 Wheel stand, I highly recommend doing this mod if you want near 80/20 aluminium rigidity without the high price :D

32760147718_432115f8e5_h.jpg

45719964905_d9455a72c5_h.jpg

Also used some 80/20 to create a more adjustable wheelbase platform. Wheel base can now slide forward/backward independently from the height adjustment, which was a big drawback to the wheelstand's design (what might be the right height may not be the right distance and vice versa, especially depending on the length of your legs to reach the pedals).

45910166904_a613c9135a_h.jpg

Finally, the rig is not heavy enough on its own (the side would lift up when making hard, sudden movements...and this was using a G27 and I weigh about 180 lbs, much less my current wheel). I used some old weights sitting on the pedal deck to solve this. Each block weighs 50 lbs.

39669653753_f979986925_h.jpg

Last here's a group photo of everything...just patiently waiting on the Fanatec H-shifter and handbrake to arrive and replace my aging G27 shifter and I'm done! (I think :roflmao:)

45719259665_6aa332eeb6_h.jpg

(Please pardon the dust: living in the tropics with no A/C is a recipe for frequently dusty rooms.)
Thats awesome dude. Love it. 27 or 30inch monitors? BTW i got dust too while living in a cold environment, but thats because the vacuum and mop doesnt see much action. :D

My desktop rig with Next Level V3 motion platform. The desk is tempered glass and is rock solid almost after I braced it. Wiggling is not an issue whatsoever when I am driving. I don't know how to embed photos, sorry.

Jack

Attachments

• 53604406_2362674883744308_7593069212264824832_n.jpg
    53604406_2362674883744308_7593069212264824832_n.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 405
  • 54257456_2362675297077600_8572943598297808896_n.jpg
    54257456_2362675297077600_8572943598297808896_n.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
What I would say is to definitely go for one that can be reclined. I have a fixed Sparco and its almost perfect but I just cant get enough lean back by a couple of degrees due to the seat base hitting the bolt head that secured the bracket (if anyone has a fix for this id appreciate it).

I dont know what kind of rig you have but I did away with my mounting bracket for my EVO II because I couldnt get it how I wanted. I have an 8020 (P1) rig and ended up not using seat brackets. I just used some 8020 corner brackets straight on to the rig and in to the seat to get the angle I wanted.

There was not way I could live very well in a fixed seat if I didnt get the angle I got for my racing.

You can see here the bracket for the front mounts and a taller bracket mounted to the 8020 under the rig.
IMG_0714.JPG

I've got a P1 rig too. I'm looking at the picture and can see how the front is mounted but not the rear. I also have a Sparco Rev II.

Is your seat exactly the same width as the inside of the P1?

Any links to the hardware you used would be appreciated too. Cheers .

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.