Show us your Rig / Cockpit

@SOLO59 I use this online fov calculator. It offers a simple graphic that nicely shows the changes in hfov and vfov when adjusting the various parameters.

Yes, your fov will be drastically different from what you've gotten used to. I don't know your setup but I would recommend you try to get your screen closer. I couldn't imagine being further than 24". I'm still adjusting to 20" but the increased fov is really nice.

Thank you! Unfortunately I can only get about 3 inches closer to my monitor if i mod my next level wheel stand. A lot of work for small gain . The monitors stand and my wheel base won't allow the monitor to be closer. I sit 33 inches away... It's not as bad as people sitting 3 feet away though lol

And now I have a Simlab P1-X :roflmao:
unnamed (3).jpg

Always work in progress - GT Track with NLR V3 motion and a few sim mods - more mods on the way (80/20 to raise pedal deck).

Main kit is a Fanatec DD1, CSW V3 pedals and shifter. The rim on the DD is a 30 cm open wheel from Turn Racing mounted a Fanatec on Universal Hub - great combo . And I also race (game dependent) with the F1 or Mclaren GT3 wheel.

Button boxes by Simracing 4U, LCD screen on button box & RPM lights purchased on ebay and main LCD for dash from OSP - use it with simhub and works a treat

The mouse mat and gear shift fixing are a home made from several clamps, bits of cardboard etc - a proper Blue Peter job! Do a mix of VR for hot lapping and super ultrawide screen with Track IR for racing.

Built up over a number of years and always looking to add - switching bits of kit in & out

Will post some additional pictures once I have done my 80/20 pedal lift - parts on their way.
IMG_0625.jpg
IMG_0626.jpg
img_0623-jpg.353457
IMG_0622.jpg
IMG_0627.jpg
:)

Attachments

• IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 3,564
Last edited:
@td1garage That's a very clean and professional rig you've got there. Congrats :)

Can I ask for your feedback on the differences you've noticed between the SRB and Turn R8 rims and how you would rate one against the other?

I'm after a R8/Huracan rim myself and trying to weigh up which manufacturer to turn to. Thanks!

@td1garage That's a very clean and professional rig you've got there. Congrats :)

Can I ask for your feedback on the differences you've noticed between the SRB and Turn R8 rims and how you would rate one against the other?

I'm after a R8/Huracan rim myself and trying to weigh up which manufacturer to turn to. Thanks!

Thanks!

The rims themselves feel pretty similar but I think the primary differences lie in the quality of the buttons and rotary encoders. The TURN wheel, imo, has far nicer buttons and encoders than the SRB. The other big advantage with the turn is it has two “funky” switches which the SRB does not, they’ve come in handy.

I did like the wireless on the SRB, the coiled USB cable with the TURN is quality and rarely gets in the way but it is a bit odd having a wire hanging off the bottom of a wheel for me.

A very minor difference I’ve noticed is the suede wrap feels better on the TURN, primarily when it comes to the stitching.

In terms of which feels the closest to the actual R8 wheel, probably the TURN solely based on the buttons feeling better and the fact that you can customize the face design sticker.

My desk setup. 49in Samsung, dash(old phone) with 32 LEDs, button box (still needs proper labels), DIY hand brake /sequential shifter, TM wheel and pedals with DIY LC mod, desk chair strapped with webbing straps and quick release buckles, to desk with 6 tactile transducers (4 on seat 2 on pedals)running on SimHub
IMG_20200301_162515.jpg

Thanks!

The rims themselves feel pretty similar but I think the primary differences lie in the quality of the buttons and rotary encoders. The TURN wheel, imo, has far nicer buttons and encoders than the SRB. The other big advantage with the turn is it has two “funky” switches which the SRB does not, they’ve come in handy.

I did like the wireless on the SRB, the coiled USB cable with the TURN is quality and rarely gets in the way but it is a bit odd having a wire hanging off the bottom of a wheel for me.

A very minor difference I’ve noticed is the suede wrap feels better on the TURN, primarily when it comes to the stitching.

In terms of which feels the closest to the actual R8 wheel, probably the TURN solely based on the buttons feeling better and the fact that you can customize the face design sticker.

Thanks so much for taking the time to describe the two for me :thumbsup:

You are the third person I know of who has mentioned 'feel' when it comes to the rotary encoders on the SRB version. Some food for thought before making my final decision.

Thanks again!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back