Show us your Rig / Cockpit

New change/upgrade to my rig with a new steering wheel. I already had a Sparco Champion (deep dished) but now I have replaced it with a 383, also 33 cm, also perforated leather, but looking more modern and with more comfortable grip zones. I love it. The oval grip is not excessive and the anatomic shapes are subtle. As a result, it feels very natural and pleasant, perfect for all kind of racing and road cars.

Since I don't like buttons on my steering wheel I used my own approach for mounting my paddle shifters instead of buying an expensive and heavy button plate. I designed and laser cut a piece of 5 mm thick aluminium, as well as a round spacer. After many previous tests with PVC models, I got the perfect position for my paddles. The magnetic shifters used are the models I already had from SRC, made in aluminium and now with carbon fiber paddles. They feel absolutely amazing, precise, snappy and with no play at all. I inserted two small pieces of thin aluminium to reduce the travel a little bit.

I've maintained the same idea I was using before for the electronics: they are not in the steering wheel itself but on a separated part of my rig. I cut the coiled cable (6 wires) and connected the paddles and the horn. The hollow OMP spacer is perfect to keep the cables inside.

Finally, I also improved the knee protector I had for my shifter. I've made a larger one (PVC molded with heat) and wrapped it with carbon fiber vinyl.

Sparco-383-1.jpg

Sparco-383-2.jpg

protector-rodilla-shifter.jpg

Did a major, major overhaul to my setup this year. My old rig was an Obutto Revolution and NLR V3. I've had the Obutto for around 10 years and it has served me well. I had to make some modifications to fit the V3, but it has been rock solid with the DD2.

Obutto SIm Rig.jpg

I wanted a profile rig and I debated quite a while on which one to get. I thought about the Simlab P1-X, but they were sold out and I would have to modify to fit the V3. I decided to go with the NLR F-GT Elite since that would fit my V3 perfectly. I was a little hesitant because I knew I wanted to go with a 4 actuator system sometime down the line, but wasn't sure if they would fit. I also upgraded to the NLR ES1 seat, again for the easy mounting solution on the V3, but I did lose my nice surround sound speaker mounts that the Obutto had.
F-GT Elite V3.jpg

Well about 2 weeks after getting everything setup I decided to go to a 4 actuator system. My V3 has some e-brake noise, it's nowhere near as bad as others I have heard and it only occurs occasionally, but I was annoyed with it.

I was torn between the D-box and the Sigma Integrale DK2+. I liked the game support and the reliability of D-box, but I really like Rally so the idea of extra travel in the actuators was appealing in the DK2+. I also liked that Sigma developed the software in-house and was open to feedback and suggestions.

I decided to go with the DK2+ and luckily I was able to fit it on my rig. It did take several hours just to re-arrange everything so that I could mount the actuators in the recommended location. I am having to use my TV vs monitor since my monitor stand wasn't tall enough so I'm waiting on a new monitor stand to come in.
IMG_20231214_212013963_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20231214_212039601_HDR_AE.jpg

The DK2+ system has been awesome. It was easy to install, setup, and use although it does make your rig heavy and a bit difficult to move. The motion is so much different than my V3 that I'm having to learn how to drive again.

One other thing, I upgraded to the Fanatec QR2 and that has been a huge upgrade. Changing wheels is instant now, where as the QR1 wasn't really a quick release system.

Did a major, major overhaul to my setup this year. My old rig was an Obutto Revolution and NLR V3. I've had the Obutto for around 10 years and it has served me well. I had to make some modifications to fit the V3, but it has been rock solid with the DD2.

View attachment 714834

I wanted a profile rig and I debated quite a while on which one to get. I thought about the Simlab P1-X, but they were sold out and I would have to modify to fit the V3. I decided to go with the NLR F-GT Elite since that would fit my V3 perfectly. I was a little hesitant because I knew I wanted to go with a 4 actuator system sometime down the line, but wasn't sure if they would fit. I also upgraded to the NLR ES1 seat, again for the easy mounting solution on the V3, but I did lose my nice surround sound speaker mounts that the Obutto had.
View attachment 714835

Well about 2 weeks after getting everything setup I decided to go to a 4 actuator system. My V3 has some e-brake noise, it's nowhere near as bad as others I have heard and it only occurs occasionally, but I was annoyed with it.

I was torn between the D-box and the Sigma Integrale DK2+. I liked the game support and the reliability of D-box, but I really like Rally so the idea of extra travel in the actuators was appealing in the DK2+. I also liked that Sigma developed the software in-house and was open to feedback and suggestions.

I decided to go with the DK2+ and luckily I was able to fit it on my rig. It did take several hours just to re-arrange everything so that I could mount the actuators in the recommended location. I am having to use my TV vs monitor since my monitor stand wasn't tall enough so I'm waiting on a new monitor stand to come in.
View attachment 714839View attachment 714840

The DK2+ system has been awesome. It was easy to install, setup, and use although it does make your rig heavy and a bit difficult to move. The motion is so much different than my V3 that I'm having to learn how to drive again.

One other thing, I upgraded to the Fanatec QR2 and that has been a huge upgrade. Changing wheels is instant now, where as the QR1 wasn't really a quick release system.
Nice! How's the seat compare to the old one ?
You like FH5 ?

Nice! How's the seat compare to the old one ?
You like FH5 ?
I really like my Obutto seat as its very comfortable. It reclines and has a slide rail so it makes getting in/out of my rig easy. I also liked the rear speaker mounts.

The ES1 of course is very rigid, but the padding is adequate and I find it comfortable, It's not as comfortable as the Obutto, but it's pretty close. I'm 6'1 around 200 pounds and I fit pretty well. If I gain some weight then my love handles would start touching the sides of the seat so it should keep my weight in check.

I can also mount the ES1 in more positions since my Obutto seat only mounts from the bottom. I do have the ES1 mounted at more of an reclining position that I like. I also have no issue sitting in the chair doing other things besides racing.

The first thing I noticed while racing with the ES1 was the vibrations of the buttkicker and haptics of the DK2+ were much more pronounced than before, I could feel more subtleties of the vibrations.

If I have my motion turned up too high you can definitely feel it more in the ES1 as you can really hit the back of the chair hard where in the Obutto it has some give so it's not as rough.

As far as FH5 I was really surprised at how good the motion was with the DK2+. It felt really good offroad which was something I wasn't' expecting so I'll will be playing a lot more.

I really like my Obutto seat as its very comfortable. It reclines and has a slide rail so it makes getting in/out of my rig easy. I also liked the rear speaker mounts.

The ES1 of course is very rigid, but the padding is adequate and I find it comfortable, It's not as comfortable as the Obutto, but it's pretty close. I'm 6'1 around 200 pounds and I fit pretty well. If I gain some weight then my love handles would start touching the sides of the seat so it should keep my weight in check.

I can also mount the ES1 in more positions since my Obutto seat only mounts from the bottom. I do have the ES1 mounted at more of an reclining position that I like. I also have no issue sitting in the chair doing other things besides racing.

The first thing I noticed while racing with the ES1 was the vibrations of the buttkicker and haptics of the DK2+ were much more pronounced than before, I could feel more subtleties of the vibrations.

If I have my motion turned up too high you can definitely feel it more in the ES1 as you can really hit the back of the chair hard where in the Obutto it has some give so it's not as rough.

As far as FH5 I was really surprised at how good the motion was with the DK2+. It felt really good offroad which was something I wasn't' expecting so I'll will be playing a lot more.
Awesome, good insight on the seat.
Yeah I do play FH5 by time with my DD wheel, shifter, handbrake & buttkicker. It's fun!
I do have my eyes on the DK, not sure about the PLUS, i feel the std travel is probably enough?

Thanks

Awesome, good insight on the seat.
Yeah I do play FH5 by time with my DD wheel, shifter, handbrake & buttkicker. It's fun!
I do have my eyes on the DK, not sure about the PLUS, i feel the std travel is probably enough?

The + has the same travel as the regular one, 2 inches, it just supports more weight. DK2 - 500 pounds DK2+ - 800 pounds. My rig is around 430lbs with me on it so I probably could have gone with the DK2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back