Show us your Rig / Cockpit

If they're not going to sell grey aluminum profile cockpits anymore, the least they can do is provide support by offering a complete part list to build the monitor mount yourself. And anything that's custom fabricated, they could offer to sell it without profile.

For a company that's toted around here as the savior of the sim racing community, it's the least they can do.

If they're not going to sell grey aluminum profile cockpits anymore, the least they can do is provide support by offering a complete part list to build the monitor mount yourself. And anything that's custom fabricated, they could offer to sell it without profile.

For a company that's toted around here as the savior of the sim racing community, it's the least they can do.

The least they can do? I'm sorry, I get that having all parts of a rig the same colour is important to some people, I myself have a grey sim lab rig. But I don't think the least they can do is give away plans/specs for what they create so people can just buy it cheaper elsewhere. In fact I'd go so far as to say the plans on their website already give too much information about the individual parts of their kits, and has lead to a load of almost identical alternatives popping up.

At the end of the day, they're a business. I'm sure it was an important business decision to streamline their part sourcing. You have the option of buying their things or not. I don't think you're entitled to a say in what they do or don't offer going forward just because you purchased something from them once.

I imagine they may well offer individual parts at some point, as they do with many of their accessories, and I'm also sure that if you contacted them with a specific request they'd be more than accommodating. Hence the reputation they have that you alluded to.

(Sorry, don't usually rant on forums - just had a very long day at work :D)

The least they can do? I'm sorry, I get that having all parts of a rig the same colour is important to some people, I myself have a grey sim lab rig. But I don't think the least they can do is give away plans/specs for what they create so people can just buy it cheaper elsewhere. In fact I'd go so far as to say the plans on their website already give too much information about the individual parts of their kits, and has lead to a load of almost identical alternatives popping up.

At the end of the day, they're a business. I'm sure it was an important business decision to streamline their part sourcing. You have the option of buying their things or not. I don't think you're entitled to a say in what they do or don't offer going forward just because you purchased something from them once.

I imagine they may well offer individual parts at some point, as they do with many of their accessories, and I'm also sure that if you contacted them with a specific request they'd be more than accommodating. Hence the reputation they have that you alluded to.

(Sorry, don't usually rant on forums - just had a very long day at work :D)
How is asking a company to sell a customer who they left hanging dry with a color they no longer build, a part that they already make, in the same color they make it, just taking out the aluminum profile and telling him how long it should be, entitled?

Don't down play "consumer advocacy" as "entitlement". You can't have your cake and eat it. If personal anecdotes about how Sim-Lab treats its customers is evidence of them being "good", then so to is them discontinuing a product and not offering a way for a former customer to color match or finish that product, evidence of them being "meh".

How is asking a company to sell a customer who they left hanging dry with a color they no longer build, a part that they already make, in the same color they make it, just taking out the aluminum profile and telling him how long it should be, entitled?

Don't down play "consumer advocacy" as "entitlement". You can't have your cake and eat it. If personal anecdotes about how Sim-Lab treats its customers is evidence of them being "good", then so to is them discontinuing a product and not offering a way for a former customer to color match or finish that product, evidence of them being "meh".
Have you asked them?

Left hanging dry? They promised you they’d carry that color for indefinite future? Give me a break.

I have a (heavily modified) GT1 in silver. Am I disappointed that they no longer sell silver? A little, but I respect their right to make business decisions. They know what is selling for them, and I’ll bet it is overwhelmingly black. If I need silver profile, I’ll get from elsewhere (and have already).

Most of their accessories are black anyways, so don’t really understand that argument as there is no change there.

Now that I can afford the toys I want, I'm too old to use them to their full potential !

IMG_20210324_194707.jpg

Last edited:
Small kinda update to my original post #4205 and rig :). A new seat (Sparco R333) attached to my rig, mainly because of the inner width of sitting-space was a bit small on the original Obutto seat (<-> only 33cm). The back-rest, though, on the original seat is the complete opposite and pretty wide instead = comfortable for any person.
The one of the R333 btw. is not, it's glued around your shoulders, but that's logical (see below for the reason of such).
As long as you don't stretch your back/shoulders out and wide and having your hands on the wheel instead, which you should do anyway when racing ;), it's fine though.
The Sparco's bottom space isn't much wider, at least a bit (<-> 35cm).., so you sit or at least press your leg's (thigh-) muscles on the site rims there as well.. (if you have kind of like trained and bolt ones like me). But that's logical, since it's a racing seat, which aims to hold your body in place in real life racing at g-forces, of course.
[Maybe you can just remove the site rims by declamping those via that five small screws aside ? Or in some way (wouldn't be possible on the Obutto seat, since that one is made of one -everything connected to each other- piece there). To get more space at the width.
It isn't that much too tight now (the Obutto sadly more or less was.., that's why I replaced it), so you get used to it, and it's ok and fine now as it is already.]
The upholstery also has not got worse at least, and it feels more warm in there as well (kind of more air passage caused by a slightly more raw tissue and stuff). And it's a little bit higher on the ground. So that's both positive.

P3280045_g_kl25.jpg

P3280037_g_kl25.jpg

It would be just nice if the seat could be set at least one or two additional clicks farther back. It is already slided back at the most back possible raster hole.
To get some more distance between you and the wheel.
This is now solved by ordering a 89€ quality seat-slider together with that seat. Which lets you put back and forth the seat in a much wider range. Feels more natural and comfortable now.

Plus: The "heavy" well-made Thrustmaster leather 28gt (27,5cm diameter, like the Logitechs are as well), for my personal taste, is an advantage compared to the -though comfortable and thus very nice as well- 32cm diameter F488 wheel rim (which you can see im my original post). I descriped it elsewhere, why, already. Would be too long now to repeat. At least I was 0,2 sec quicker here and there with the driving stlye this TS leather 28gt rim offers me.. ;) :).

Last edited:
My rig has evolved a bit over lockdown. It now shares the end of the spare room with a desk optimised for working from home (making good use of the 34'' ultrawide I had prior to the G9).
The Aston GTE wheel rim was a lockdown DIY project that has come out pretty well. Still need to do a bit of cable management and find somewhere to neatly hang my headset.
IMG_20210330_101320-min.jpg
IMG_20210330_101337-min.jpg
IMG_20210330_103436-min.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished rebuilding my rig over the weekend. I decided to mount my PC behind my monitor and make the whole unit self contained. This will make it much easier to pull out and work on in the future as the only external factor is the power cable running from the APC battery backup to the wall outlet. I also tried to focus on making the wiring as clean as possible within the best of my abilities. I am very happy with how things turned out.
Rig_Base.jpg

Attachments

• Wire_Rack.jpg
    Wire_Rack.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 297
  • Base_cables.jpg
    Base_cables.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 250
  • Back_View.jpg
    Back_View.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 286
Just finished rebuilding my rig over the weekend. I decided to mount my PC behind my monitor and make the whole unit self contained. This will make it much easier to pull out and work on in the future as the only external factor is the power cable running from the APC battery backup to the wall outlet. I also tried to focus on making the wiring as clean as possible within the best of my abilities. I am very happy with how things turned out.
View attachment 460256
Very clean indeed!

Do you have a source for the rectangle section channels secured to the aluminum profiles to contain the wires?

View attachment 460256
Cable management skills, Level 100. Well done, sir!

Mine is finally coming together after a long time without really knowing how to set it up.
At first I had the screen on top of the base but with a 34" screen it sits way too high and not immersive enough for me so I went for the screen to be placed in front of the base and added an extension to my Hubs instead. It might be just 5-6cm in difference but it means a lot.
With the correct FOV it also makes for the analog/digital speedometer to be seen "inside" the big round wheelrim so it feels like driving a proper car, especially in AC roadcars :).

As the pictures are a bit different:
Yes I had a DSD Pro Seq. 2015 first, but switched it for a SG Racing Pro Shifter. Prefer the latter.

IMG_0701.jpg IMG_0712.JPEG IMG_0286(1)(1).JPEG

Sim-Hardware
SimLab P1-X / Obutto Keyboard Mounting
Fanatec DD2
Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals
SG Racing Pro Shifter / DSD Pro Seq. Shifter
Mobeartec Button Box
Podium Hub -> SimLab Extension -> Momo Prototipo Vintage
Podium Hub -> SimLab Extension -> Momo Prototipo Black
DELL AW3418dw

PC-Hardware
8 year old system but running well above its expectations luckily for me. Missed the perfect time to buy new stuff a year ago and now prices just exploded. So I guess I have to keep living with a 4th Generation i7 and my GTX 1080 coupled with even older DDR3-1600 :D

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea