Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Thanks all.

It is a Simlab GT2 which I did pick up for the small foot print as the rig sits in my home office. No issues with DD as the rig is pretty solid; I am sure its not as solid as it's big brothers but the only time I notice flex is when I'm standing next to the rig and putting my body weight and strength into the wheel mount/uprights.

Does the GT2 have any flex/sense of weakness for the Heusinkveld Sprints? SimLab told me the GT1 Evo is slightly more rigid for the Sprints, due to the reinforcement.
Also, did you have to order any additional bolts to mount the DD and pedals, and even drill any holes?

Last edited:
Just a normal one:

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-13 at 15.28.20.jpeg

During a sleepless night last week -- insomnia sucks! -- I decided to revise my monitor mount so I could move the monitor a few inches closer to my eyes and potentially make my sim-racing experience very slightly more immersive.

Here's what it looks like now:

_DSF3196a.jpg

I still need to tidy the cable routing and paint the steel support on the right side, but otherwise, I think I am probably done tinkering with it for a while ... here's hoping, anyway! :)

Last edited:
Does the GT2 have any flex/sense of weakness for the Heusinkveld Sprints? SimLab told me the GT1 Evo is slightly more rigid for the Sprints, due to the reinforcement.
Also, did you have to order any additional bolts to mount the DD and pedals, and even drill any holes?

No issues with flex and the Sprints. No extra holes needed; everything bolted right up.

During a sleepless night last week -- insomnia sucks! -- I decided to revise my monitor mount so I could move the monitor a few inches closer to my eyes and potentially make my sim-racing experience very slightly more immersive.

Here's what it looks like now:

I still need to tidy the cable routing and paint the steel support on the right side, but otherwise, I think I am probably done tinkering with it for a while ... here's hoping, anyway! :)
I loved that steering wheel on my T500!
But what happened to your brake pedal? Looks kinda sad.

I loved that steering wheel on my T500!

I have four wheels -- five, if you count the original, hard plastic, 7/10th scale Ferrari 458 wheel -- and this one (Thrustmaster's Sparco R383 replica) is my favorite by far! :)

But what happened to your brake pedal? Looks kinda sad.

I have long, wide feet (13EEE) and the non-adjustable pedal spacing doesn't work very well for me. So I connected the clutch pedal to the brake pedal using two pieces of 2" x .5" x .125" C-channel steel and now use the clutch pedal as my brake pedal, which works surprisingly well:

_DSF1017a.jpg

_DSF1024a.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation @Audii-Dudii . Sometimes you have to get creative to make it work for you....

Indeed!

FYI, the next step is to disassemble the pedals, cut the plastic base apart to separate them from each other, then remount them onto individual pieces of .25" aluminum plate to serve as their new bases and reinstall them on my wheel stand.

This will allow me to adjust their positions relative to each other to my personal taste and preference, which is kart style, where the brake and throttle pedals will be positioned as far apart as possible, and the used-only-for-starts clutch pedal will be positioned between them.

This appears to be a relatively straightforward and easy modification, but for obvious reasons, I expect it will significantly reduce their resale value (If not eliminate it completely!), so I decided to live with the above setup for a while first to confirm I was otherwise happy with their performance overall.

It's been nearly a year now since their were released and so far, so good. As such, I will probably tackle this permanent mod sooner than later ... stay tuned!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 217114

I don't know where to post this. I just received an email from Simlab about the silver/grew single monitor mount. They told me they will not sell grey profiles anymore or addons with grey profiles. So people with a Grey Simlab-cockpit or any other brand and want to upgrade/complete their rig with Simlab-stuff are.... well... f*cked. They also told me it will likely stay this way, so yeah. There's a small chance they will revert their choice back. Perhaps we can create a petition? and show them how many silver/grey profile simrig-lovers/enthousiasts are here in the scene.

Personally.. I can't upgrade my rig anymore, cause my rig is grey, and It will look really ugly with black profiles. It just doesn't click. I am looking for other similar companies in the Netherlands or Germany. Only found Aluxprofiel.nl so far. And there's ofcourse Motedis.

My current simrig. Want a standalone monitor mount so badly and some other accessoires, like caster wheels, and a better/new pedaldeck. Probably HE baseplate.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 217114

@RedBull48 Yes. So I probably have to find a way to build a single monitor stand myself, then buy some of the accessoires, like casterwheels and such. Then buy the HE baseplate + aftermarket profiles to attach them on.

Find it really really strange because there are so many grey profile simrigs still in use and these people probably want to upgrade their stuff as well. It seems black is now the newest thing. I don't really like it cause dust + sunlight + reflection + particles, etc.

Perhaps RD can pick this up, and create a petition or so.

Yea certainly is strange. Luckily profile is extremely easy to work with and has near limitless possibilities in what you can do hence why we all love it :) . I have started adding bits and pieces myself using an external site I like quite a lot. It's based in the US and the prices are great.

They also do cuts, drilling and such per spec. I use them almost exclusively now. They also have accessories like casters, handles, hinges things like that.

@RinusDirtRally I have a grey Simlab rig with black - on purpose - integrated monitor mount and looks better to me, though it's worse for dust particles. They made a business side comprehensible choice, probably due to very low margins and high logistic complications. Lots of parts come from Motedis Germany, you could look to SimXPro for Netherlands.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 212 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%