Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Hehe, well spotted :)
When I threw away the frying pan it belonged to some years ago, I thought that the handle may come in handy one day. Well, that day has finally come.
Actually, apart from the electronics, the whole thing is built from stuff I had lying around anyway. The load cell, coil spring and disc springs are leftovers from my brake pedal mod, the ball bearings at the main pivot i got from a friend when he was working for an automitive supplier several years ago. They are usually used for windscreen wipers. The alu profiles were leftovers from various other projects, and the base material for the buttonbox used to be two cutting boards.
With the hardware stores closed, you have to get creative with the sources of your DIY-materials ;)
Well spotted? hehe
I think it jump to the eyes real quick tho :laugh: ! !
Interesting choice and your work looks solid, great recycling !

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! This is my definitive Sim project!

_DSC9250b.jpg

This is the latest version of my cockpit, now including my new Sparco Champion steering wheel, the modification to my HE handbrake, the return of my old mouse tray (now with a Sparco pad) and better management of my fans cables.

Elaphe-cockpit-2021-001.jpg

Attachments

• Elaphe-cockpit-2021-002.jpg
    Elaphe-cockpit-2021-002.jpg
    621.7 KB · Views: 397
  • Elaphe-cockpit-2021-003.jpg
    Elaphe-cockpit-2021-003.jpg
    853.8 KB · Views: 406
  • Elaphe-cockpit-2021-004.jpg
    Elaphe-cockpit-2021-004.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 366
  • Elaphe-cockpit-2021-005.jpg
    Elaphe-cockpit-2021-005.jpg
    689.4 KB · Views: 321
  • Elaphe-cockpit-2021-006.jpg
    Elaphe-cockpit-2021-006.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 304
  • Elaphe-cockpit-2021-007.jpg
    Elaphe-cockpit-2021-007.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 286
  • Elaphe-cockpit-2021-008.jpg
    Elaphe-cockpit-2021-008.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 295
@Elaphe
Can you detailed your hardware bass shaker

4 BS301 bodyshakers screwed directly to the bucket seat and a SMSL SA-98E stereo amplifier, all controlled with SimHub, using the front output channel of my motherboard.

1 BS301 bodyshaker screwed underneath to the pedals baseplate (MDF) and a Nobsound NS-03G FR mono amplifier, all controlled with SimHub, using the central output channel of my motherboard.

This is the latest version of my cockpit, now including my new Sparco Champion steering wheel, the modification to my HE handbrake, the return of my old mouse tray (now with a Sparco pad) and better management of my fans cables.

View attachment 441446
Looking god !

What are the fan and do you like them? I guess they are car speed controlled and does this works good keeping you cool during longer session? What about the immersion? (I have 2 fans but not controlled per software, just normal fan)

Btw, I like that you've put some tape on you amp knob, great idea.

Cheers!

Looking god !

What are the fan and do you like them? I guess they are car speed controlled and does this works good keeping you cool during longer session? What about the immersion? (I have 2 fans but not controlled per software, just normal fan)

Btw, I like that you've put some tape on you amp knob, great idea.

Cheers!

Delta TFC1212DE industrial fans, 12 cm, with very high max rpm, quite noisy (no problem with headphones) and providing very strong airflow. I designed and 3D printed air straighteners and clamps for them. They are installed on a couple of stands designed for projectors. This allows full rotation and tilting.

These fans are connected to the controller by Symprojects, which reads the information of speed from the games and makes the fans rotate accordingly. In other words, they act as a wind simulator. The software by Symprojects now also allows to make them work at a constant predefined speed, which goes well for closed cars, specially in the summer here in the south of Spain (with the headset and the headphones on I could faint and die after 5 minutes on my cockpit without a lot of fresh air on the face). It also helps well preventing fade in my VR headset, as well as drying the sweat.

I have defined 2 different speeds, as well as the wind simulator mode, and I can switch between them from my button box (a synthetic voice announces the selected mode). Actually, the high and low fixed speeds also vary depending on the season of the year.

Furthermore, I don't even have to worry about manually selecting wind simulator for open cars, since I have listed all the open cars in Assetto Corsa and my script automatically switches to wind simulation when any of these cars are selected and I press the Go button.

This is all programmed with Autohotkey.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 217114

Updated rig
download.jpg

Want to get rid of the huge pedal-plate. The plate takes too much space and black coating gets dusty/ugly quick. Perhaps 2 bars + HE baseplate will do. Or Sprints bolted onto 2 bars and buy the Simlab heelplate and bolt that on 2 other bars as well. Also casters with locks, standalone monitor mount, powered usb-hub and such comes in handy.

Choices, choices, choices

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All
Just got into sim racing this past month and a little intimidated by the great rigs I'm seeing here but I guess i have to start somewhere.

Well here the evolution of my rig so far.

Started out trying to go as low budget as possible with a $90.00 wheel and pedal set and an improvised rig but quickly realized that it wouldn't cut it.
Qraw7bL.jpg

Sent back the PXN 3V and traded up to a G29.
LkXL9xZ.jpg

The G29 was a great move but the rig was still lacking.
A Playseat F1 is not in the budget so I decided to make a copy with left over material from my house renovations.
2hs3cYd.jpg

YHjxRVs.jpg

1RzGGuJ.jpg

Tested this setup for a few days and determined some improvements were needed. the steering wheel mount was flexing way too much and the pedal board was too upright. Also the monitor had no articulation mounted at that angle so I built a platform for the monitor. Replaced the wheel support with a cutout piece of 2X10 and tilted the pedal board forward to suit me.

To73hAO.jpg

QWa46WC.jpg

KeHs5Lt.jpg

Also made the steering wheel mount adjustable for angle. The first one was mounted solid to the upright.
tngpyfV.jpg

What a difference a good setup makes. I've seen a marked improvement in my lap times already. Would love to have a motion simulator with Fanatec hardware but unfortunately that won't be happening any time soon

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Hello All
Just got into sim racing this past month and a little intimidated by the great rigs I'm seeing here but I guess i have to start somewhere.

Well here the evolution of my rig so far.

Started out trying to go as low budget as possible with a $90.00 wheel and pedal set and an improvised rig but quickly realized that it wouldn't cut it.
Qraw7bL.jpg

Sent back the PXN 3V and traded up to a G29.
LkXL9xZ.jpg

The G29 was a great move but the rig was still lacking.
A Playseat F1 is not in the budget so I decided to make a copy with left over material from my house renovations.
2hs3cYd.jpg

YHjxRVs.jpg

1RzGGuJ.jpg

Tested this setup for a few days and determined some improvements were needed. the steering wheel mount was flexing way too much and the pedal board was too upright. Also the monitor had no articulation mounted at that angle so I built a platform for the monitor. Replaced the wheel support with a cutout piece of 2X10 and tilted the pedal board forward to suit me.

To73hAO.jpg

QWa46WC.jpg

KeHs5Lt.jpg

Also made the steering wheel mount adjustable for angle. The first one was mounted solid to the upright.
tngpyfV.jpg

What a difference a good setup makes. I've seen a marked improvement in my lap times already. Would love to have a motion simulator with Fanatec hardware but unfortunately that won't be happening any time soon

Thanks for looking
Wow nice work ! ! Also Its amazing the TV's nowadays :geek:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play