Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Check out this old 486 setup!
Video in link: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2357387707852119

Untitled-1.jpg
Jeepers, product design really was woeful back then, wasn't it?
Everything was the colour of chewing gum.

Jeepers, product design really was woeful back then, wasn't it?
Everything was the colour of chewing gum.

Would you like it in beige, beige, or beige?

Though that being a yoke instead of a wheel probably effected the colour choice too, I don’t know if customers for a wheel even back then would put up with a beige steering wheel.

in my first simracer carrear i sit on a officechair witch rolls at every breaking.
now i start new after 5 years and all i dont want was getting back on my officechair :)

so i do a little work and build me a rig
its only first test but works fine.
it has to be moveable because of space in my office
so i putt it on small rolls

here is the result: :)

cheers Hanns (newandfast)

Attachments

• P1050930.JPG
    P1050930.JPG
    684.6 KB · Views: 468
  • P1050931.JPG
    P1050931.JPG
    725.1 KB · Views: 513
  • P1050938.JPG
    P1050938.JPG
    816 KB · Views: 514
  • P1050939.JPG
    P1050939.JPG
    967.1 KB · Views: 484
  • P1050940.JPG
    P1050940.JPG
    963 KB · Views: 487
  • P1050941.JPG
    P1050941.JPG
    978.1 KB · Views: 495
  • P1050942.JPG
    P1050942.JPG
    930.3 KB · Views: 499
I have a weird request, but does anyone have a picture of the lighter version of the Sim-Lab triple monitor mount? I've searched here and elsewhere but not been able to find what I need.

I'm going to build my cockpit tomorrow and I was looking over the diagram they provide; it doesn't show the backside of the mount. It says the crossbar should have two brackets holding it in place, but when you look at the pictures on the site it doesn't show them there.

See what I mean:

This is what the diagram shows:
fIPpb2q.jpg

This is the picture on the website:
uZLmZMT.jpg

Surely these two spots should have brackets, right? What is holding up the crossbar in this image?
G0N4xG8.jpg

0CjdTYw.jpg

I feel like I'm missing something and feeling pretty stupid about it, but I want to make sure I do it right! Thanks for the help!

@Jivesauce I ended up using 4 brackets each side. 1 each side, which should be in the area you cirled, plus an aditional one top and bottom. With only the 2 side one i was getting sag and couldnt get the crossbar level.

I have a weird request, but does anyone have a picture of the lighter version of the Sim-Lab triple monitor mount? I've searched here and elsewhere but not been able to find what I need.

I'm going to build my cockpit tomorrow and I was looking over the diagram they provide; it doesn't show the backside of the mount. It says the crossbar should have two brackets holding it in place, but when you look at the pictures on the site it doesn't show them there.

See what I mean:

This is what the diagram shows:
fIPpb2q.jpg

This is the picture on the website:
uZLmZMT.jpg

Surely these two spots should have brackets, right? What is holding up the crossbar in this image?
G0N4xG8.jpg

0CjdTYw.jpg

I feel like I'm missing something and feeling pretty stupid about it, but I want to make sure I do it right! Thanks for the help!

here barry review detail about one your looking for

@Jivesauce I ended up using 4 brackets each side. 1 each side, which should be in the area you cirled, plus an aditional one top and bottom. With only the 2 side one i was getting sag and couldnt get the crossbar level.

That's a great idea, thanks. I was thinking the brackets for the side arms would keep one from doing that, but looking at it I could probably slide things around until that was possible. Thanks for the help!

here barry review detail about one your looking for

Sadly that's the heavy duty version, which mounts a little differently. I still appreciate the help though, he has some good tips on the cockpit I'm building also!

Some new update to my cockpit
Added a new sequential shifter and Sim Wind.
For this year I think it’s enough. Maybe will upgrade to a better VR headset than the OCULUS RIFT and maybe a small VR button box.
Next year I will add traction L kit.
View attachment 304274
View attachment 304275
View attachment 304276

View attachment 304277

Which Sim Wind do you go for?
Also your wheel looks very straight, is that not uncomfortable of your wrists? I ask because I have a similar set up (will be VERY similar when I get my SFX100 up and running) and mine was the same and I had to change it because it hurt my wrists.

Some new update to my cockpit
Added a new sequential shifter and Sim Wind.
For this year I think it’s enough. Maybe will upgrade to a better VR headset than the OCULUS RIFT and maybe a small VR button box.
Next year I will add traction L kit.
View attachment 304274
View attachment 304275
View attachment 304276

View attachment 304277

Your rig was just featured on The SimPit YouTube channel.

When it came up on the screen, I thought, "I'm sure I've seen this somewhere before" :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.