General Shaun Clarke Mods....Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Well after taking a good kicking, I closed book, took a step back, thought about things, and well, here I am as I want to continue my path of what I did, and enjoy, and hopefully you all have as well.

This is now not a revival thread, as that's now old, but updates and progress reports on what I am working on, and TOTALLY LEGAL.

This is the place, that if you see / find a problem with a particular car (Colliders I know) please post here, what car and the issue, and we will look in to it. This is for the following:

Seat Leon Eurocup
Seat Leon TCR
Ginetta G55 Supercup
Ginetta G55 GT4

This keeps things nice and simple and everything that we have to look in to in one place.

Cheers

Shaun

All right stop, collaborate and listen. This isn’t a Seat. This is a Cupra – the new sporty standalone sister company to Seat.

What we have here ladies and gents, is the new Cupra TCR. It’s the latest stripped out racer and evolution of the Seat Leon WTCC car, the forefather and seed that helps grow the ultra-competitive, relatively low-cost TCR racing series.

The sportiness and design of the CUPRA takes shape. This new DSG gearbox improve the performance and let you fully enjoy the 350 HP (Seat Leon was 355bhp) and improves the previous model with an electronic steering rack with enhanced mapping, an increased steering angle and a steering wheel with even more functions.
How does it improve you ask, well, because of the less BHP, it has a BOP in weight and more torque.

I am not 100% sure which version we are doing yet (DSG or Seq) as I am talking to teams at the moment, as the Cupra is still fairly new, and if you look at the Cupra website, they still say 2019, although in some series, they are using it now, so lots of info to gather.

Lets see how this goes.....

Regards

Shaun

Hi All,

As you know I am working on improving the above, and will continue to, but I just wanted to share this. This comes from a very very reliable and well respected source, and once I get permission I will put his name in here, but here is what he had to say about the Seat Leon TCR.

Our engineer just showed me the data of the real car compared to the laps he did in Assetto Corsa. Doesn’t differ much. Very impressive I must say.

That means you did an awesome job with the physics
1f642.png

#BIG GRIN

Shaun

I know most people are playing ACC, but I continue to work. Been working on the Aero of the TCR.

Looking miles better and 50% balance at top speed :)

View attachment 269319
but aren't almost 600 kg of downforce way too much for a TCR car? That's almost GT3 level with a car the shape of a brick (in comparison). I think some of the GT3s reach ~800 at top speed which should be way higher than the TCR

Thanks guys, I didn't say it was perfect, I said it was better :)

These cars have massive amount of downforce and grip for what they are, and they are certainly no "brick"

Getting the 50/50 was a challenge, but will continue on improving it.

It doesn’t really look much better to be honest. Still 2.5 times the downforce it should have.
Hi mate, I know I have asked for your help / assistance on this, but please, can you tell me where your getting your data from and what you are comparing it to please?

I have race engineers telling me that the car is so close ( and it's not the downforce) its the turbo that is at fault, as well as steering ratio.

Cheers

Shaun

Hi mate, I know I have asked for your help / assistance on this, but please, can you tell me where your getting your data from and what you are comparing it to please?

I have race engineers telling me that the car is so close ( and it's not the downforce) its the turbo that is at fault, as well as steering ratio.

Cheers

Shaun
I showed a picture of a TCR car in a wind tunnel in one of your threads and have explained that fact multiple times...

Cheers

Shaun
Take a look at the Kunos Audi TT Cup car. It share some parts with the Seat, as splitter and rear-wing should be the same. I think that those TTs were built (with the help) by Seat Sport loosly on the TCR regulations, which startet with the Seat Leon Cup Racer.
And if your Seats get into 20% of the downforce levels of the TT, it should be a better starting point.

Last edited:
Take a look at the Kunos Audi TT Cup car. It's share some parts with the Seat, as splitter and rear-wing should be the same. I think that those TTs were built (with the help) by Seat Sport.
And if your Seats get into 20% of the downforce levels of the TT, it should be a better starting point.
I already sent Shaun data of an actual TCR car in an actual wind tunnel, so no need to even reference Kunos cars.

Thank you all for you input but what I have found is what you have as data is not comparable to real life teams data, I am not saying I don't appreciate it don't get me wrong, but what I have found is what the manufacturers says is so so different to what the actual teams say, so unless you actually work for / have access to real TCR data, you are only guessing?

Like I said above, I have feed back from real drivers, real race engineers and who do I believe at the end of the day?

What might not look correct in AC, it "might" handle correctly as close to IRL?

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline