General Shaun Clarke Mods....Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for you input but what I have found is what you have as data is not comparable to real life teams data, I am not saying I don't appreciate it don't get me wrong, but what I have found is what the manufacturers says is so so different to what the actual teams say, so unless you actually work for / have access to real TCR data, you are only guessing?

Like I said above, I have feed back from real drivers, real race engineers and who do I believe at the end of the day?

What might not look correct in AC, it "might" handle correctly as close to IRL?

Shaun
How much more real does it get than a wind tunnel test...I don't understand your argument.

The aerodynamics are...incredibly optimistic.

Here's an Astra TCR in the wind tunnel:
ieqY9qe.jpg

The numbers on the screen on the back wall are Cd, front Cl, and rear Cl respectively (top to bottom). Multiply those by the car's frontal area to get CdA and ClA values (those used by AC) and you get something like:

Frontal area range = 2.3 to 2.4 m^2 (depending on if the area of the tires was included)
CdA = 1.04 to 1.08
ClA front = 0.45 to 0.47
ClA rear = 0.56 to 0.58
ClA total = 1.01 to 1.05

The coefficient of drag of the mod car is near that range, which is good (correct engine power would lead to correct drag so it's usually the easier part of aerodynamics to get right). However, the AC car has nearly a 2.8 ClA...much higher than the wind tunnel numbers of a car built to the same regulations.

I don't think he's guessing, the car anatomy is pretty much the same as the Seat and also Audi TT cup

Does anyone know the source of the picture? Not going to claim it as such, but if it's an official shot from the company it could display 'doctored' values. I've heard of brands doing such things in the past, hiding some sensitive data in this way.

Does anyone know the source of the picture? Not going to claim it as such, but if it's an official shot from the company it could display 'doctored' values. I've heard of brands doing such things in the past, hiding some sensitive data in this way.
It's from some very hard to find (as I remember, anyway) online article detailing the car's development. It's the only place that has that particular picture.

As for your second point, perhaps, but Acura released what amounts to half of an entire aero map for their brand new DPi by accident, so don't assume that all manufacturers are entirely on top of that kind of thing (especially those running in a series where aero development isn't particularly open - not much to hide on a car with just a front splitter and a wing). Additionally, it'd be hard to change numbers at this kind of tunnel (3rd party).

In any case, even by logic alone, those wind tunnel numbers make magnitudes more sense than what the mod's currently using (which is in GT3 territory).

Hi All,

Well my evening so far. Got home from real work at 5pm, sorted T out for Family, jumped in the HotTub for 15mins, thought about what I had to do....and well see attached.

50% Balance, Total CLA 1.05 and handles really well.
seat_tcr_aero.jpg

I know what @mclarenf1papa posted as in values, but speaking to my race engineer contact, they are actually front dominate not rear and also the diffuser does play a small part.

Hopefully this is now done?

Regards

Shaun

It's nice to see the progress Shaun, congratz !
As Aris said while ago, when you have data and you are sure you can lock it (because you get numbers input, note the difference between numbers and drivers, numbers never lie !), you can try to fix others values so maybe after fixing 300 times things here and there, maybe lap times in game and RL will match :D !

Cheers ! (can't wait to try your improvements tho AH !)

Hi all,

Right question for you all, how "realistic" do you want me to make this and the Cupra. I now have proper fuel consumption and also the starting "minimal" starting fuel for a 30min sprint race, and you CANNOT change it.

Now I can set this the minimum load, but can increase it via setup?

What's your thoughts

Shaun

Hi all,

Well had the day at home today, and guess what I have been doing....yep in between dipping in the hot tub.....my thinking place HA HA this is the change log thus far....

This is to match everything from the 2018 series.

Aerodynamics
Steering
Power
Limiter
Skin Template and layout
Rev Lights
Setup
Suspension
Collider
Fuel Consumption
Minimum Fuel Load
Actual Ride Height

And that's just the Seat Leon TCR, also updated the Collider for the Ginetta G55 GT4 and Supercup

Looking very good, but if you have created setups, bin them, sorry :D

Shaun

I now have proper fuel consumption and also the starting "minimal" starting fuel for a 30min sprint race, and you CANNOT change it.

Now I can set this the minimum load, but can increase it via setup?
So you want to set a minium fuel load in the setup of e.g. 40 liters and not 0 liters?
For qualifying it would be useful to be able to use e.g. 10 liters, just make it like any other car in AC and let the driver decide how much fuel to fill in, from min to max tank volume.

There was a way to lock some options online in the setup (admin side)? so if for example we want to race with at least 40L of fuel we can do it ?

In our private sessions it would be logic to play with the amount of fuel we want
IT'S MY CAR, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO !

HI All,

firstly thank you for your replies. The Min value is 45 litres for the race. I have set the suspension and ride height to match this, so the ride height is 70, front and back.

I can make this adjustable as i less but then people would have to adjust the ride height of the car, which it then could become complicated for a pick up and drive racer?

@Leonardo Ratafiá ignore everything you have looked at....trust me :)

Regards

Shaun

Is this a minimum ride hight mandated by the TCR regulations or just an optimum for the aero?

Best would be to make the default setup with race fuel and the ride height and maintain the fully adjustability of the settings in the setup.

A hint in the readme how to deal with the ride height and maybe other setup tricks/hints like target tire pressure und temps would be sufficient.

HI mate, the ride height, min is 60mm, but due to the fuel load of 45ltrs, they run a 70mm to cope with UK curbs, which can be brutal at some venues, so I have set the car to this as a minimum, as that's what they do in real life, but I will allow to add more fuel, but like you said, people will have to raise the ride height to compensate :)

Like that do IRL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back