Upcoming Events

Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Share your VR graphic settings

Use 80 hz and then turn on asw in tray tool. U could prob use 120 I would have thought…
use reshade and turn down pixel density to 120, with resolution at 70 (in game settings)
fir quest 2 100% steam vr ss is fine, u want to use the oculus app resolution slider instead but what u have it at is prob good
what in game settings are u running? is hags turned off, game mode etc?
mirrors and visible cars can affect performance, set mirrors to low and mid, visible cars 10 or 12 etc

Last edited:
Use 80 hz and then turn on asw in tray tool. U could prob use 120 I would have thought…
use reshade and turn down pixel density to 120, with resolution at 70 (in game settings)
fir quest 2 100% steam vr ss is fine, u want to use the oculus app resolution slider instead but what u have it at is prob good
what in game settings are u running? is hags turned off, game mode etc?
mirrors and visible cars can affect performance, set mirrors to low and mid, visible cars 10 or 12 etc

Thanks Marcella!

I did some Googling, I was not aware of tray tool. I will download this.

Reshade is another thing I did not know about. I will download this too and look around for information on how to use it.

In game: I am doing a practice, no other cars, Spa, time is 22:00, Lamborghini Huracan.

Settings: Every option is as low as it can go or turned off

What is HAGS? I could not find this option.

Your very welcome.
Here is reshade, read the read me lol.

Hags—- right click on your desktop and select display settings. Next, scroll to the bottom and click “Graphics settings”. You will then see an option to toggle Hardware Accelerated GPU Settings (HAGs) on and off.

u should not need to have everything low but it’s a good place to start for performance issues. Then gradually increase them one by one until happy.
with Andrews ini is also a video settings file u can use called g2new but don’t let that put u off it’s a good baseline of in game settings to use.

The kunos forum has a vr section with a lot of advice also.
I’d suggest u change time of day to noon, less gpu taxation. Clear skies also.

Last edited:
Also double check that steam resolution is def at 100%. Mine was set to 150 default until I lowered it. Always use the oculus app instead. Also in tray tool u can change the bitrate and other settings. I use asw on, bitrate 500. Distortion curve low. There’s also a hack where u can reduce the fov to gain in performance, 0.80 and 0.66 I believe are the settings for fov but I didn’t really see any gains from this. Use oculus tray tool as some people have issues with debug tool actualisating the changes. U also need to restart the oculus home app after making changes or they don’t take effect.

also is nvidia on latest driver? And don’t run MSI or anything at the same time. Fpsvr seems ok to run for me.

Final thought, have u tried just running the game with oculus to see if it’s a steam vr problem?

Last edited:
Also double check that steam resolution is def at 100%. Mine was set to 150 default until I lowered it. Always use the oculus app instead. Also in tray tool u can change the bitrate and other settings. I use asw on, bitrate 500. Distortion curve low. There’s also a hack where u can reduce the fov to gain in performance, 0.80 and 0.66 I believe are the settings for fov but I didn’t really see any gains from this. Use oculus tray tool as some people have issues with debug tool actualisating the changes. U also need to restart the oculus home app after making changes or they don’t take effect.

also is nvidia on latest driver? And don’t run MSI or anything at the same time. Fpsvr seems ok to run for me.

Final thought, have u tried just running the game with oculus to see if it’s a steam vr problem?
I solved the problem...
There were two loose screws on the processor cooling fan. It was not tightly attached and as a result temps reached 100+ celsius and performance was throttled.
With this fixed it is an entirely different machine and comfortably runs ACC.
Thank you for all of your suggestions!

So, this is a shot in the dark but i know its a busy post for vr stuff ;)
My Odyssey plus cable is screwed, cant find one to buy anywhere, im wondering if anyone has an old non functioning Samsung headset with other than a cable fault they would be willing to sell or be relieved of.
Cant really afford to splash out on a replacement headset right now so needs to be a cable.
If you have one to sell or know where to buy one (uk) i would be eternally grateful (eternally, hmm, maybe not quite, but would be very).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solutions
So, this is a shot in the dark but i know its a busy post for vr stuff ;)
My Odyssey plus cable is screwed, cant find one to buy anywhere, im wondering if anyone has an old non functioning Samsung headset with other than a cable fault they would be willing to sell or be relieved of.
Cant really afford to splash out on a replacement headset right now so needs to be a cable.
If you have one to sell or know where to buy one (uk) i would be eternally grateful (eternally, hmm, maybe not quite, but would be very).

Thanks in advance.
Probably get more views in the computech forum, there are active VR threads in there.
Have you tried contacting Samsung. I don't know how old the odyssey is but you should still have some sort of warranty or right to get new cables. The website says contact them for cable issues.

If your in Europe look up your consumer rights.

Thanks, forgot all about that forum.
No warranty bought as a second user, Samsung dont have or wont sell the cables from everything i have read and if they did no doubt price and VAT would make it prohibitive.
Will post it there tho ;)

Actually... it used to be that way. But ReshadeVR changed everything. ACC on my system (a beefy one, I admit) + Index now kicks ass of every other VRsims in terms of visuals/performance. Eyecandy rockstable 80Hz everywhere
------
I spent months tweaking my system, the engine.ini, whatever, just to be clear. But now I have no need to touch anything, found the Grail finally.
Can you share your settings? engine.ini, video settings etc?

I'm on a 3080, AMD 5900x and an Index and struggling to get a smooth 80hz.